[suggestion] Spiteful removal change

ZeftheWicked.3076

The small (but huge) change:

Instead of triggering on healing skill use change it to on healing skill heal.

That way passive heals from both signet of vampirism and blood fiend would trigger it.Internal cooldown changed to 3s, base healing value dropped to 200 healing or around that.

Why this change is awesome and why should it matter to you:

• helps bring blood fiend and signet of vampirism builds outta the closet - passive condi cleanse to match passive healing playstyle.
  • great synergy with signets - signet of vampirism, plague signet, signet of the locust - they all get to see play with this trait.
  • great for shroud - with traited SoV we get a much needed passive condi cleanse and a bit of healing for shroud when in combat.

Little change, big effect, what do you guys think?

No. The volume of the heal is the only reason why it's even considered in actuality. In PvP scenarios, it's nearly an extra 1k health on every healing skill. What you suggest kills it for every heal besides Blood Fiend and Signet of Vampirism. I'd much rather it be good for all healing skills, rather than only being usable with the two most passive ones.

If you want to bring Blood Fiend (which does see use in some builds anyway) and Signet of Vampirism up in use, look into ways to increase their desirability in their own right. Signet of Vampirism working in Shroud is actually a very good heal. Increasing the debuff duration a bit also makes it much more attractive.

Blood Fiend gets two procs anyway every cooldown.

I would love that change.Considering the fact that consume conditions removes all conditions, that "Your soul is mine!" has a short cooldown and generates life-force AND that well of blood pulses (which would allow a second condition to be cleansed if you are affected by the 3rd-ish pulse after the main 5k+ heal), I believe that would be a great change!

Also, I am still confused why the blood fiend's attack do not heal while in shroud. Is it intentional, or is that a bug? It IS a lifesteal originating from the necromancer, like vampirism and vampiric aura which both work through shroud (while sigil of blood and leeching could be considered external and do NOT work through shroud).

@mazut.4296 said:This trait shouldn't be tied to a healing skill. It should have 8s icd and do what it does under 50%hp. Right now is just meh and people will take it, but only because the rest are even more useless(Bitter Chill not playing reaper).

Do you mean like the old version, where we cleansed a condition when STRIKING an enemy below 50%, or when WE are struck below 50% health?

@killfil.3472 said:

@mazut.4296 said:This trait shouldn't be tied to a healing skill. It should have 8s icd and do what it does under 50%hp. Right now is just meh and people will take it, but only because the rest are even more useless(Bitter Chill not playing reaper).

Do you mean like the old version, where we cleansed a condition when STRIKING an enemy below 50%, or when WE are struck below 50% health?

When the necro is under %hp, not the enemy. The previous version was very weird.The current iteration is also weird. Why put 5s icd when the shortest heal cd is 13(full potential). I can't find the point behind that...?Now if transfusion or other potential combinations also trigger this trait, then it looks a lot better.

@mazut.4296 said:

@killfil.3472 said:

When the necro is under %hp, not the enemy. The previous version was very weird.The current iteration is also weird. Why put 5s icd when the shortest heal cd is 13(full potential). I can't find the point behind that...?Now if transfusion or other potential combinations also trigger this trait, then it looks a lot better.

5 second ICD is for Blood Fiend. Both summoning and sacrificing trigger the trait.

Archived