What if Mirage...

Morwath.9817

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:...would have bleeding instead of Confusion?

what's wrong with Fire or poison? I mean we already have lots bleeding.

Quaggan thinks any of those would be less confusing than confusion, which is good thing.

@Pimsley.3681 said:Confusion fits the role of the mind manipulating Mesmer.

Ooo, yes. In Quaggans opinion Mesmer has enough confusion by himself, if we put Mirage on top of it, we get something completly confusing.

@Vieux P.1238 said:Funny I din't hear Quaggan complaining before patch when Quaggans scourge was owning everybody with his instant condi blast. Now that Quaggans necro is susceptible to confusion that is.

Ooo? Quaggan has played 0 games as Scrooge McDuck.His ranked games were Firebrand (EU) and Core Necro (NA)*, and in Unranked he played literaly everything but Scrooge.

Confusion is the biggest cop-out design substitute for manually layered, blue-mage-style pressure that I have ever seen in video games. Also, flavor design should never supersede function. Make it work first and then give it a name or color. Confusion is a cheap, backwards concept thrown in to make pretend that mesmer is some sort of roundabout illusion mage when it's really just the most straightforward playstyle possible.

Right now the very best way to counter Mirage is with another Mirage which is not a very good game design. Good thing Mirages and mesmers in general don't do too well when stacked in a team unlike Scourge and FB.

Its' easy to see how one can be confused to death:Damage over time (WvW and sPvP):(0.035 Condition Damage) + 10 damage per stack per second.Damage on skill activation (WvW and sPvP):(0.0625 Condition Damage) + 49.5 damage per stack.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@Morwath.9817 said:...would have bleeding instead of Confusion?

what's wrong with Fire or poison? I mean we already have lots bleeding.Fire and poison is the answer here.

1 confusion stack is replaced by 1 burn and 1 poision.

Also, since so many people complain about the stun break on elusive mind that trait should be changed so that if you apply burning or poison to a target, it has a 60% chance to apply poision and burning (no internal cd).

I added the 60% chance to balance it, np.

@Swagg.9236 said:

Confusion is the biggest cop-put design substitute for manually layered, blue-mage-style pressure that I have ever seen in video games. Also, flavor design should never supersede function. Make it work first and then give it a name or color. Confusion is a cheap, backwards concept thrown in to make pretend that mesmer is some sort of roundabout illusion mage when it's really just the most straightforward playstyle possible.

Hard to disagree with you. I play Weaver and power Rev...coz millennial hipster.

Confusion itself is fine. Maybe the durations available on some skills need to be reduced instead.

Most of the mirage hate has to do with survivability over burst damage. People can always say “learn to dodge” but hard to tell them what they did wrong when the mirage perma evaded/blocked their way to victory.

On that note I’d suggest increasing the mirage mirrors based on the number of enemy players nearby. That way you get more defense in group fights and can tone down the 1v1 invuln spam.

@Demon.6743 said:Confusion is (burst)dmg + soft CCIt's not a good design by its nature but better than the perma evade/invlunAm I saying the Mirage is way OP?

Remember last time they made a soft cc do crazy stacked damage with original Reaper chillbot spam? They realized it was so out of control that they didn't even bother nerfing it, they just straight up took the damage component out of the game. Good to see they learned and never made that mistake again. :astonished:

LOLNODid you make this thread to enrage a bunch of mesmers?

Yeah lets get rid of the few defining feature that the mesmer has left because i can't be arsed to cleanse the condition and to take no action, ill give up confuse if power classes give up every single cc they have in there tool box.

@Genesis.5169 said:LOLNODid you make this thread to enrage a bunch of mesmers?

Yeah lets get rid of the few defining feature that the mesmer has left because i can't be kitten to cleanse the condition and to take no action, ill give up confuse if power classes give up every single cc they have in there tool box.

Ooo? Confusion isn't Mesmer defining feature, also Quaggan would remind you that we aren't talking about Mesmer and sources of confusion Mesmer has, but about Mirage and how new sources of confusion stack with old Mesmer sources of confusion resulting in too much confusion around. Do you tell Quaggan to take no action during 4 seconds of confusion, while confusion, bleed, torment and burning all are ticking on him and you're still attacking Quaggan meanwhile applying more confusion?

Quaggan got confused by your post.

@Morwath.9817 said:

Yeah lets get rid of the few defining feature that the mesmer has left because i can't be kitten to cleanse the condition and to take no action, ill give up confuse if power classes give up every single cc they have in there tool box.

Ooo? Confusion isn't Mesmer defining feature, also Quaggan would remind you that we aren't talking about Mesmer and sources of confusion Mesmer has, but about Mirage and how new sources of confusion stack with old Mesmer sources of confusion resulting in too much confusion around. Do you tell Quaggan to take no action during 4 seconds of confusion, while confusion, bleed, torment and burning all are ticking on him and you're still attacking Quaggan meanwhile applying more confusion?

Yes, if me and my clones just attack you for 4 seconds most classes except theives only loses roughly 20% of there hp less then a heal, Yes i'm tell you to take no action, No i'm not tell your to just afk and stand in place like an moron although your free to do that if you like, all you need to do is move around take no action or heal our other sources of condition does not hurt like our confuse does, consider it a trade.

Or you could cleanse it.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Yes, if me and my clones just attack you for 4 seconds most classes except theives only loses roughly 20% of there hp less then a heal, Yes i'm tell you to take no action, No i'm not tell your to just afk and stand in place like an moron although your free to do that if you like, all you need to do is move around take no action or heal our other sources of condition does not hurt like our confuse does, consider it a trade.

Or you could cleanse it.

Ooo, but confusion is ticking even when Quaggan does nothing and whenever he tries to cleanse confusion with cleanse than isn't full cleanse Quaggan gets punished by cleansing e.g. bleed and torment instead of confusion and he takes damage from confusion, fooo!

@Morwath.9817 said:

Or you could cleanse it.

Ooo, but confusion is ticking even when Quaggan does nothing and whenever he tries to cleanse confusion with cleanse than isn't full cleanse Quaggan gets punished by cleansing e.g. bleed and torment instead of confusion and he takes damage from confusion, fooo!

Man i had alot of typos in my post geez i gotta fixed tht.You and i know confusion ticks do not hurt lol...lets not talk about conidition ticks and its whooping 136 damage in pvp.

Archived