Barrier Question

Lahmia.2193

Then the next question here: we don't have actual timers for Barrier but we know that it diminishes very quickly (5s?).

Let's say I have 3 skills applying Barrier: when I place them all at once Barrier will last for ~5sec. What if I cast them delayed?

Barrier 1 for 5000Barrier 2 for 3000 3sec laterBarrier 3 for 1000 3 sec later

And let's say there is no damage - will I have a 9k Barrier for ~ 10 seconds or will every Barrier diminish itself? I find it a bit hard to understand.

@Nyel.1843 said:Then the next question here: we don't have actual timers for Barrier but we know that it diminishes very quickly (5s?).

Let's say I have 3 skills applying Barrier: when I place them all at once Barrier will last for ~5sec. What if I cast them delayed?

And let's say there is no damage - will I have a 9k Barrier for ~ 10 seconds or will every Barrier diminish itself? I find it a bit hard to understand.

Could be it degenerates at a similar speed to out of combat health regeneration.

@Nyel.1843 said:Then the next question here: we don't have actual timers for Barrier but we know that it diminishes very quickly (5s?).

Barrier starts to decay approximately 2 seconds after being granted. If a new Barrier is applied, then it restarts the decay timer.

Decay is always based on the most recently applied. If a barrier is already in decay when a new one is applied, then the decay halts.

Decay rate is percentage based. No matter how large your barrier is, it will always vanish entirely in 6 seconds after the last application (or less, if taking damage during the decay).

For your example, you start with a 5k barrier. After 2 seconds, it's started to decay. At 3 seconds, you apply a new barrier, pausing the decay. By this point, the original barrier is probably only at around 3.5k health, so you now have a barrier of 6.5k. After another 2 seconds, it starts to decay again. By the time you apply the third barrier, it's decayed to about 4.7k, so with the additional 1k, you have 5.7k barrier. 2 seconds later, the decay restarts, and the entire thing disappears shortly thereafter.

Ah! So we can stack Barrier higher and delay the decay by adding new Barriers. That's what I wanted to know, so mastering Barrier can be quite interesting.

Is there a chance we'll see Barrier decreasing slower than in Beta? Saw some videos and the decay seemed to be too fast.

@Nyel.1843 said:How likely is it to reach the 50% HP cap though? I only have some beta videos as reference but it didn't seem likely by applying 2 or 3 Barriers to reach the cap.On who now? Yourself or others? It entirely depends on what sort of investment you have placed into vit,healing power., and sources of barrier.

@Nyel.1843 said:Is there any indication in the group interface how much Barrier somebody has applied / left?Yellow goes over the health bar indicating how much barrier someone has as any given point in time. Its tacked on the end.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Nyel.1843 said:How likely is it to reach the 50% HP cap though? I only have some beta videos as reference but it didn't seem likely by applying 2 or 3 Barriers to reach the cap.On who now? Yourself or others? It entirely depends on what sort of investment you have placed into vit,healing power., and sources of barrier.

Well, on any player. I don't know for sure that's why I'm asking. Saw a video of a Necro with Healing Power and the Barriers had values of 3-5k. Not that into theorycrafting but it seemed quite unlikely that one Scourge can place 50% HP barriers. I am happy for some more insights.

The decay start after 1s 1.5s top. If it was 5s I would be very happy. Casting them with a small delay will make them last for a little bit longer overall, but still very brief.

@Nyel.1843 said:

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

Well, on any player. I don't know for sure that's why I'm asking. Saw a video of a Necro with Healing Power and the Barriers had values of 3-5k. Not that into theorycrafting but it seemed quite unlikely that one Scourge can place 50% HP barriers. I am happy for some more insights.

Again depends on how much you invest into healing power, what skill you are using, and who is receiving the barrier. e.g The heal will pretty much cap Thief, Guard, and Ele no vit investment on the receiver and no healing power on the distributor .

Skills that grant barrier work exactly like healing skills when it comes to their scaling. Some have high base values and low scaling, some have the opposite, some are in the middle.

I would advise going and messing with the build editor since it has been updated. Bear in mind that it will always cap at 50% of the targets max up. With a full investment you would be looking at 3k to ~7k depending on what ability you were using.

@Lahmia.2193 said:At full heal power (full apothecary + healing power runes), Sand Flare grants 6561 barrier.

If you went for a full investment in support with food , sigils , and blood magic it should push it over this. Sand flare has the highest barrier scaling of all the skills we have and the second highest base value.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

@Lahmia.2193 said:At full heal power (full apothecary + healing power runes), Sand Flare grants 6561 barrier.

If you went for a full investment in support with food , sigils , and blood magic it should push it over this. Sand flare has the highest barrier scaling of all the skills we have and the second highest base value.

7484 with life sigil (25 stacks), magi crest, full infusions, and bowl of tropical fruit salad (+100 heal power).

Archived