Stop zerging

JayAction.9056

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@JayAction.9056 said:The people that need to see this probably won't, but anyways;

You don't need 45 people on tag to flip camps (1 man job) or cap towers (3 man job).

Spread out. Change maps. Stop being afraid to lose.

you dont need more than 1 person to flip anything in WvW aslong as there is noone defending. depending on the amount of defenders or you laziness to get new supplies, you might need more tho.

But zergs. They are super effective.

But back on-topic:In a free-to-play game types like WvW (free as in speech), players will end up playing in the way they like to play. For some this is faithfully following a commander

. For others this may be to be the commander, or just doing some tasks alone like, being on the outlook on your HBL keep, capturing camps and trebbing stonemist.

When you have enough players, you will end up with all sorts of players filling all roles needed. But in off-hours this will more or less fall apart. But I like the free to play nature of WvW and this is how it should be imho.

You can't change human nature, OP. Most people IRL won't take risk or seek challenge, which is understandable since there are real world consequences to failing IRL. What I don't understand is that people take that attitude with them into a game where it doesn't matter. The whole point of PvP gaming should be trying to challenge yourself.

The other side of that is that currently if you do break off on your own you will run into mostly nothing but high damage/mobility/escape builds and if you aren't playing the same it's not worth your time.

The game has almost literally devolved to play a thief or zerg. Traditional 5 man groups seem to be nearly extinct. Probably because the only thing they find to fight are thieves or zergs.

@Oozo.7856 said:The whole point of PvP gaming should be trying to challenge yourself.

Well, I mean, it is for you, and that is great. But wvw has lots of roles to fill, as was mentioned upthread by Quick Fox. Zerg fights are great, and I like them sometimes. But other tasks need to be accomplished as well, and we can play to help our team, to get sweet, sweet loot, to fill some time, or yeah, for personal challenge.

It's completely okay for other people to get different things out of the experience. I play because I enjoy teamwork, and teamwork in wvw is of a higher quality and consequence than in pve. My personal challenge is to become as useful as possible to my team, whether it is my server or my commander.

I do like small ops, though; I wish there were more five man teams, I agree with you there.

As to the OPs post: it's actually what smaller servers need to do vs blob servers. Send out 2-5 man teams and make their blob either run all over the map, or split up. Keep coordination by your small man teams to allow them to come together for larger groups.

We claim objectives frequently to let the server we are playing against know we are in their territory. This tends to get a response. And like @Malerian.8435 stated, it's ok to get Zerged down if some place else gets taken.

I love watching a Zerg of 40 respond to the 5 of us. It's kind of funny when you pull them from another map.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:As to the OPs post: it's actually what smaller servers need to do vs blob servers. Send out 2-5 man teams and make their blob either run all over the map, or split up. Keep coordination by your small man teams to allow them to come together for larger groups.

We claim objectives frequently to let the server we are playing against know we are in their territory. This tends to get a response. And like @Malerian.8435 stated, it's ok to get Zerged down if some place else gets taken.

I love watching a Zerg of 40 respond to the 5 of us. It's kind of funny when you pull them from another map.

That's not what happens though. Cause the blob servers have a 40-50 man zerg AND have enough people left over that they can camp sentries with 5 people and camps with 10. Or, they have a 30-50 man zerg and another 20-30 man zerg clearing camps or protecting them.

When blobs run back to kill 5 people at a camp it's because they just don't have anything else to do (on some servers) or were resupplying anyway.

@Malerian.8435 said:

@Malerian.8435 said:Zergs have their place as do roamers. I do both. And I do not complain if I get rolled while roaming or while with a Zerg. This is part of WvW. I recommend you find something else to do if you do not like it.

Oh god not one of these guys.

I recommend you stop saying stupid kitten in my thread.

Fair is fair? I know how wvw works.

Obviously not lol.

I'm close to rank 2k, but tell me more about how to play WvW fam I'm confused.

@Malerian.8435 said:Well I am at 3k + so when you reach me let's talk bro.

@JayAction.9056 said:

@Malerian.8435 said:Zergs have their place as do roamers. I do both. And I do not complain if I get rolled while roaming or while with a Zerg. This is part of WvW. I recommend you find something else to do if you do not like it.

Oh god not one of these guys.

I recommend you stop saying stupid kitten in my thread.

Fair is fair? I know how wvw works.

Obviously not lol.

I'm close to rank 2k, but tell me more about how to play WvW fam I'm confused.

All that is wrong with WvW. Measuring lol.

@Malerian.8435 said:

@Malerian.8435 said:Well I am at 3k + so when you reach me let's talk bro.

I don't think that's going to happen because I don't Zerg all day but hey man it's working for you obviously.

Neither do I man. I roam with small havoc groups 5-10. Rarely zerg brah. But try again lol. Or maybe get good...

10 man is a Zerg busting group. I honestly don't even WvW anymore and I haven't since HoT and pvp seasons hence me making this thread. (Quality of game has gone down)

So you got to rank 3k from not Zerging and ktraining? Ok bro tell me more. Since I have no idea how WvW works myself.

Archived