[Release] Discord Rich Presence addon

TL;DR This is how it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/0Qjg7UB.png

Download it here: https://gw2rpc.info/

Discord Rich Presence addon

What it does:

Utilizes the recently added Discord Rich presence to display additional information in your status like this, including:

• Map name (with it's loading screen image)

• Character name

• For fractals, fractal name

• Profession/elite spec

• Region (EU/NA) on hover of the loading screen image

• Time spent in the current map

Usage:

Simply run gw2rpc.exe. It will start in your system tray. The program needs to be running alongside GW2 for Rich Presence to work.

In the config.ini in the program's directory, you can input your API key so that your status can display region (EU/NA) and elite spec as well.

To make starting Rich Presence easier, in the download there is included an .exe called launch_gw2_with_rpc.exe. This script launches both GW2 and the addon. For it to work, it needs to be present in GW2FOLDER\addons\gw2rpc. You may then replace your normal GW2 shortcut with it for ease of launching.

You can also place a shortcut to gw2rpc.exe in your autorun to automatically start it with Windows

Can I get banned for this?

No, it doesn't interact with the game in any way - it utilizes the Mumble API to get the necessary data.

Questions, suggestions, bug reports, want to stay up to date?

You can join the support server here or by right clicking the tray icon > Join support server

Open source!

GW2RPC is open source, repository available here: https://github.com/Maselkov/GW2RPC

Some future plans and ideas

• Localization

• Multiple API key support

• Ask to join feature (via copying party/squad invites to clipboard)

• Copy nearest waypoint to clipboard

• More customization options in config.ini

Credits

This is a joint effort together with Maselkov.

Website by Penemue

Icons by Zebban

@"sorudo.9054" said:and according to my scanning this is a virus and not a small one ether, this is the known hostage type of virus that takes and locks all your files and you need to pay ransom to get your pc/files back.and no, this is not a small test ether, it almost took my pc if i was not fast enough.

The whole project's source code is on github as listed above, feel free to take a look around or run the source code itself to check. The virustotal Scan lists some false positives from mostly unknown AV scanners, the most known AVS flag it as safe.What AV are you using?

@Bloodwraith.5271 said:

@"sorudo.9054" said:and according to my scanning this is a virus and not a small one ether, this is the known hostage type of virus that takes and locks all your files and you need to pay ransom to get your pc/files back.and no, this is not a small test ether, it almost took my pc if i was not fast enough.

The whole project's source code is on github as listed above, feel free to take a look around or run the source code itself to check. The
lists some false positives from mostly unknown AV scanners, the most known AVS flag it as safe.What AV are you using?

Trend micro titan, quite known and seen as very trusted. (tho sometimes blocks game updates, there is something like too good)

@sorudo.9054 said:

@sorudo.9054 said:and according to my scanning this is a virus and not a small one ether, this is the known hostage type of virus that takes and locks all your files and you need to pay ransom to get your pc/files back.and no, this is not a small test ether, it almost took my pc if i was not fast enough.

The whole project's source code is on github as listed above, feel free to take a look around or run the source code itself to check. The
lists some false positives from mostly unknown AV scanners, the most known AVS flag it as safe.What AV are you using?

Trend micro titan, quite known and seen as very trusted. (tho sometimes blocks game updates, there is something like too good)

I have tried and tested a lot of AV over the years and this is the first I've heard of yours, it is a false positive that is being generated, the fact it blocks game updates is proof that it isn't the greatest. As bloodwraith said, it is all on github.com so anyone can view the code and compile it themselves and see that it is just a false positive being generated.

First, here is the SDK for rich presence https://discordapp.com/rich-presence which is what the app uses, second, here is the mumble api https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/API:MumbleLink which ANYONE can access to find the correct info for peoples accounts that is PUBLIC, you are so paranoid about a virus yet the only way you would know about the videos on youtube is if you have searched for them yourself, anyone can claim it is a virus but nowhere in the source code does it infect your system with anything, the code, api and sdk are public so anyone can view, use and modify to their own needs, clearly Gabbynot.2654 and sorudo.9054 have not done the proper research and just assume that because it is an exe and not something that a company has made that it must be a virus. Just switch off and unplug your pcs then if you are that worried, even google could be considered a virus in your logic as you cannot see the source code for it and it tracks everything you do when using it.

Archived