So if we already killed off 3 dragons....

sticx.5823

we got primordus, jormag, kralkatori-evil name to spell, and other other(bubbles?)

2 down, 4 to go.

and now we can't kill those 4.....because....well i wont spoil it.

Vaul wasn't an elder dragon, he was the son of Glint, who in turn was a servant of Kralka-simplifyYourName.

and we know that the original plan of doing a Pacific Rim style fking epic bash fight wont work.......

and the gods truely have left now......

if anything, the possibilities for the story are greater now than ever before. and the question of how many expansions we have is also a big mystery as we don't know how many it will take.

oh and we have Cantha. aka might be alive....or might be Bubble's slaves.....or worse. heavens knowns they got a ton of threats as is

Even if we count Primordus and Jormag out for good, at the current cadence two dragons will still last us four years. That'll be almost twice as long as the game's presently been around, and 2012 already feels like ancient history. Plenty of time for new elements to be worked in to take us other directions, or for the game to die, or for a sequel to be planned, or anything in-between.

And that's if we count them out for good. If Primordus and Jormag do get back up, and if the devs can continue to deliver on fresh twists to the elder dragon plot, that could take the game into year 14- as old as World of Warcraft.

We kill another Elder Dragon, Tyria is destroyed, and GW3 will be set wherever the Human Gods have gone. By then, Anet will have learned their mistake, and made only human characters avalable with updated armour models so we can play FASHIONWARS 3 on a more regular basis.

But really, who's to say where GW2 is going?

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:If I had to guess, we will kill the other dragons . . . and Irene will absorb all their power and become the one dragon to keep balance. In many ways, her mother hints this over and over again. Non-spoiler:What happened with the Gods opens that doorway.

But we'll see.

Long ago tyria lived in harmony. Then, everything changed when the elder dragons attacked. Only the Scion, master of all magical spectrums, could stop them, but when world needed them most, they hadn't been born yet. A hundred years passed and my asura and I discovered the new scion, a firebreather named Aurene. Although her firebreathing skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aurene can save the world...

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:If I had to guess, we
will
kill the other dragons . . . and Irene will absorb all their power and become the one dragon to keep balance. In many ways, her mother hints this over and over again. Non-spoiler:What happened with the Gods opens that doorway.

But we'll see.

Long ago tyria lived in harmony. Then, everything changed when the elder dragons attacked. Only the Scion, master of all magical spectrums, could stop them, but when world needed them most, they hadn't been born yet. A hundred years passed and my asura and I discovered the new scion, a firebreather named Aurene. Although her firebreathing skills are great, she has a lot to learn before she's ready to save anyone. But I believe Aurene can save the world...

Nice reference, but it was 250 years or so when Vlast/Gleam disappeared and we found the other scion.

@Rognik.2579 said:

@Ardenwolfe.8590 said:If I had to guess, we
will
kill the other dragons . . . and Irene will absorb all their power and become the one dragon to keep balance. In many ways, her mother hints this over and over again. Non-spoiler:What happened with the Gods opens that doorway.

But we'll see.

Nice reference, but it was 250 years or so when Vlast/Gleam disappeared and we found the other scion.

Sacrificed a little accuracy to stick to the intro lines

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

@PacoXI.7690 said:Almost sure we wont be killing anymore dragons, at least not intentionally.

I'm absolutely fine with that, I feel like original villains à la Guild Wars (The Lich/Khilbron, Shiro, Abaddon, Dhuum, The Iron Forgeman, The Ministry of Purity, The White Mantle/Mursaats) was more enticing. I feel like dragons are overdone, especially when all of them are basically the same but with different spheres of influence. In that way, I prefer narrative of the raids and non-dragon storylines in game.

Archived