Can we pre-load PoF? — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home

Can we pre-load PoF?

Is there going to be any way to pre-load the expac before the actual release date? Some of us have less than adequate internet speeds, and depending on the xpac download size it could be a considerable amount of time before we can play if there is no way to pre-load.

Best Answers

Answers

• Only if some patches are released before Friday. I'm sure we have pre-downloaded some of it, already.

Good luck.

• It'd be nice to be able to do that, yeah. Although I'm personally not going to play new content until at least a couple of days and a few inevitable hotfixes in.

• Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    We'll probably be able to earlier that morning. For HoT, we were able to about an hour before release.

Unfortunately, an hour is usually not enough time when you're on a kitten connection :pensive:

• Razor.6392Razor.6392 Member ✭✭✭✭

Huuuuh I thought we had most of it already. My connection is garbage. I hope we are given at least 1 day to preload.

Never said I'm the best, but I believe I'm better than you.

• Samnang.1879Samnang.1879 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 19, 2017

Yes please! Let us pre-download but they can disable access to the PoF maps or whatever.

I live in australia and the internet speed is stuck in the Stone Ages.

Anet: give us in-game customizable human NPC companion please
    Please, no more balance changes, or at least reset our gears so we don't have to waste gold changing gears every time.
    Please have option to not receive bloodstone dusts, empyreal fragments, dragonite etc

• Ashantara.8731Ashantara.8731 Member ✭✭✭✭

I am also certain that we have already pre-downloaded portions of the expansion and will continue to do so with upcoming patches the next couple of days.

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

You guys do remember that you can just login and play and game will download whats most needed for what your playing then and there?

• Strages.2950Strages.2950 Member ✭✭✭

@Linken.6345 said:
    You guys do remember that you can just login and play and game will download whats most needed for what your playing then and there?

That kills your connection, drives your ping to hell. Might as well let it download the whole thing.

• Trise.2865Trise.2865 Member ✭✭✭✭

What if I were to tell you that you already have? You might have noticed a number of patches loading this past month, without much explanation on the forums. That's not merely hotfixes and balance issues, that's Path of Fire files downloading.

If we want ANet to step up their game, then we must step up ours.

• As Trise.2865 stated, we've been getting PoF files since before the first beta. The hour before launch we'll pretty much get an activation patch allowing us to access everything when the proverbial switch is flipped.

Wolf Moonstar
    Dragon Council, Third Seat: Jade Sea Haven (Jade) Ehmry Bay
    Zen Phantom