With so much Mesmer Hate around...

Furious.2867

(in-game and on pvp forum) Here's some <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

I know Mirage is a bit overtuned now but it's nowhere near as annoying as Spellbreakers were pre-nerf.

<3 ,a non-Mesmer main

Edit: I guess I'm just happy that Mesmers are the most overtuned class at the moment. You guys are more likeable than most classes.

Thank you for the kind words.

It's tiring when your class is in the crosshairs of players anger and hatred (well gw2 mesmer is always hated by some players simply because it exists...), but as I've said elsewhere - flavour of the month players come and go, the community's ire is always there, but whatever this game's "balance" situation, I don't give a kitten because nothing will stop me enjoying gw2 mesmer.

It's funny because half of them don't realize, or run the obvious counters to contest, or pressure it off point.Anyone complaining about it's 1v1 prowess which it is admittedly good, at least compared to current meta builds, is still wrong about it being "OP" when balance is based on 5v5 conquest.

But it's fine. They will cry, and bitch, and complain, and we'll get nerfed back into a spot where we are only brought for portal. Then conquest will get even more stale, and I'd say "hopefully die", but A-net is never going to pull out of that so... lol.

thanks for the very kind words for the mesmer. i will say i can see why we are geting so mutch hate at the moment though. when you dodge you cant get hit and you can still revive without care and i can see this as one way peps are thinking we are op. if any of you have not known the mes has been hated since relece becouse of the setup we have. as a mirage power shater peps think we so op becouse we can one shot most peps with a pirfect timed shater so this is were i am seeing most of the hate for mes. i hope this game you some insight on were we are geting most of our hate.

@Oglaf.1074 said:My relationship with Mesmers is complicated.

I hate them to the point of them having pretty much ruined WvW for me, but at the same time I love having them by my side during PvE.You must be a roamer?I admit, playing mirage is very satisfying. But I don't feel OP. In WvW or PvP, there are classes that counter my mirage condi build because they are either bunker who can easily deal with my condi's or just good players who know how to play against a mesmer.One class however that is at a very weak spot when it comes to playing against a mesmer are the ele's. Any ele i see are easy prey, unless they are heavy bunkers and know how to play one, then it becomes a stalemate, but usually they are not bunkers.

@Retsuko.2035 said:

I hate them to the point of them having pretty much ruined WvW for me, but at the same time I love having them by my side during PvE.You must be a roamer?I admit, playing mirage is very satisfying. But I don't feel OP. In WvW or PvP, there are classes that counter my mirage condi build because they are either bunker who can easily deal with my condi's or just good players who know how to play against a mesmer.One class however that is at a very weak spot when it comes to playing against a mesmer are the ele's. Any ele i see are easy prey, unless they are heavy bunkers and know how to play one, then it becomes a stalemate, but usually they are not bunkers.

It is comforting to hear this from a mesmer player. I solo roam in wvw as an ele. I have no qualm engaging in duels when I see another roamer, with the exception of mirages. I see a mirage, I run. I trait diamond skin and even switched out my heal to ether renewal because of mirages. And yet, it seems hopeless every time. And I cannot even outrun them with burning speed, ride the lightning, and lightning flash.

Granted, all the encounters I have had against mesmer were never 1v1, they seem to mostly roam in pairs or 3's. So it is very understandable I was easy prey. But it just sucks when I cannot even outrun them =/

@Senbonzakura.9035 said:

It is comforting to hear this from a mesmer player. I solo roam in wvw as an ele. I have no qualm engaging in duels when I see another roamer, with the exception of mirages. I see a mirage, I run. I trait diamond skin and even switched out my heal to ether renewal because of mirages. And yet, it seems hopeless every time. And I cannot even outrun them with burning speed, ride the lightning, and lightning flash.

Granted, all the encounters I have had against mesmer were never 1v1, they seem to mostly roam in pairs or 3's. So it is very understandable I was easy prey. But it just sucks when I cannot even outrun them =/

Don't worry, if it makes you feel any better, mesmers were easy prey for thieves and couldn't outrun them for a long, long time in gw2's history.

@Senbonzakura.9035 said:Granted, all the encounters I have had against mesmer were never 1v1, they seem to mostly roam in pairs or 3's. So it is very understandable I was easy prey. But it just sucks when I cannot even outrun them =/

Yeah my guild mate and I are terribly good at doing this, we both run scepter/torch/staff Mirages and stick close so whoever we happen to ambush has to deal with 8 of us. It's horribly effective and probably really unfair but by the gods is it fun to play.

Archived