About Gemstones

Daynz.4360

Do you think people will still be running HoT maps once PoF launches? I am sure plenty of people (me included) still need/want gemstones for legendary crafting and well while I am sure people will still do HoT I am just wondering how much harder it will be to find and join an actual meta map.

I think at first there will be a big drop in activity. Then over time as people finished PoF stuff/miss playing HoT maps/want to complete stuff they're working on it will balance out.

I know I've got a lot of stuff left to do in HoT maps and I have no intention of abandoning those goals just because new stuff has come along.

People still do the core maps champ train. I'm certain it will be alright, though we can reasonably expect the first couple of months to be slow in the older areas once the new content hits. Tons and tons of new players who want the already existing stuff, too. Don't worry! Just keep your eye on the LFG for the map you need, and look around for Guilds who focus on those areas.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild

@Danikat.8537 said:I think at first there will be a big drop in activity. Then over time as people finished PoF stuff/miss playing HoT maps/want to complete stuff they're working on it will balance out.

I know I've got a lot of stuff left to do in HoT maps and I have no intention of abandoning those goals just because new stuff has come along.

You're probably right. Just a bit frustrating as is with those damn stones! lol. Thanks for the reply ^^

@LadySilverHand.6841 said:People still do the core maps champ train. I'm certain it will be alright, though we can reasonably expect the first couple of months to be slow in the older areas once the new content hits. Tons and tons of new players who want the already existing stuff, too. Don't worry! Just keep your eye on the LFG for the map you need, and look around for Guilds who focus on those areas.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/looking-for-guild

This is true. I mean what else is LFG for if not to help find active maps and there are still guilds that run Dry Top so that should work too. Appreciate the response!

Yes. However don't expect much right after PoF releases. LWS3 maps will still also have legendary stuff needed, good way to get ascended stuff, albeit won't have new stats. When HoT launched Central Tyria got less but it wasn't much later when peeps rant Teq, TTT, dailies, etc. again. Actually Central Tyria stuff prob will be more noticeably less.

In this game, people typically drop everything to devour new content. The Speedy and the Early-Risers finish up as soon as they can, which might take about a month before it's noticeable. That brings us to Halloween, which also distracts a huge subset of folks (with its easy gold-per-hour farming).

My guess: by early November, we'll see people back to running a lot of the older content, for loot, collections, achievements, or whatever.

Short answer, yes.Longer answer; for people who have yet to obtain certain stats or are achievement hunting, HoT map completion, organizing events for certain drops or just want to have fun; people will always be in the HoT maps. It does have a specific replay value but the population will drop within the 1st 3-4 months but they will not be empty! Im still farming those maps & will be after PoF. There will be more organized groups on the LFG so keep a look out :)

As long as there's exclusive rewards like skins and legendary gear, people will keep doing those to get the currencies to buy the gear, materials, recipes and shards.

Just not as many people.

Fortunately there's communities that do these things. It'll be great if there was an in-game system for find such people, though. Like some sort of "alliance" system that doesn't have the features of a guild, just a list of messages and a chat. Something like the "Communities" in Diablo III, that can be done easily with a forum-like background witohut using up that many resources.

Archived