EU-based GW2 merchendise store?

Many times I looked at the great products you offer at the Guild Wars 2 For Fans By Fans shop but for EU customers it is a pity that you only ship from the United States. This has some major drawbacks for EU customers like unclear tax effects, high shipping costs and no free shipping on larger orders.

Normally, when we buy products from within EU coutries, taxes like VAT are included in the price like when we buy gems from the GW2 gem store or buy the GW2 game/expansions from the ArenaNet/DigitalRiver shop. But the GW2 merchandise shop has no such an option so even when we pay for the product and shipping, we still have to pay extra for VAT and possible import/customs charges at delivery. I think this is an unwanted situation.

I would love to place some orders for GW2 merchandise, but can you please start shipping from the EU? This would make it much easier and more affordable from this side of the Atlantic. Thanks! I can remember you once had a separate merchandise store for Guild Wars 1 at eu.guildwars.com but this is no longer online.

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:You would probably have to ask the supplier/owner of those goods if they would consider opening a store in the EU. It's not like ArenaNet manufactures and ships those items; they merely license the IPs.

Good luck.

While this is probably the case, I don't consider it my business to ask ArenaNet partners where they ship from. ArenaNet knows about their large EU player base so it would be nice if they would offer equal options. Like working together with a similar supplier in the EU if they do not want to ship them on their own or bring back their own EU merchandise store.

I agree it would be great to have an EU based equivalent.

I'm still planning to buy some stuff from that site eventually, but one of the things that's put me off so far is having to go all the way through the various menus to find out what it's actually going to cost. (I realise that seems normal to Americans but it's totally alien to us in the EU - over here the price shown initially is what you pay, end of story. There might be shipping costs for online sales but that's the only addition you're going to get.) It's not that the taxes make it so expensive I can't afford it, just that when I'm just having a look at what I might want, and then I see the price increasing as I go to pay for it I'm likely to decide I don't want it that much after all.

Also the shipping is expensive IMO, even compared to some other US-based websites I buy from.

(I still want a GW2 t-shirt though, if only so I can wear it at work around the guy who is always in his WoW shirts. With a bit of luck and planning I might even be able to pull off a meeting with both of us and the guy who wears an ESO shirt. Then we can all glare at each other during presentations.)

Yeah, we are used to adding 10% (more or less) to any item here in the US. Of course, some purchases out-of-state aren't taxed, but usually we are used to waiting to see the final cost after placing things in a 'shopping cart'. Then, depending on the site, determine the shipping costs. Of course, for EU, it's always AIR, no Ground Shipping choices.

I was rather surprised that my LoL merchandise came from a German warehouse/place and was even cheaper than the USD prices.But it can be much worse: In FF14's merchandise shop, the shipping is utter ridiculous, even causing some riot at the boards.So, I think it's okayish and to be expected after all, but of course it could be fixed. But then again, who's paying those costs if we customers do not want to and aNet does not have to?

Excelsior.

even tho their might be some more costs to getting this done . i would have it so all country's that the game is played in their own countrys have their own storys they could buy online or walk into the store if close to them and buy all the merch you wanted to buy with your own county's funds and another country's funds that your not from

also i would sell game up graded and gems cards at these stores so your not left in the wind or being held hostage to other sites or country's taxes or price rates

Unfortunately, having dealt with imports and exports for the company I used to work for, it doesn't matter if you import an item yourself or a distributor imports an item for resale, there will always be VAT and import duties to be paid, it's just hat buying from an EU distributor they will already be factored into the the prices they are advertising them at. The distributor might get discounts for bulk buying and bulk shipping, they might even have the option of sea freight as opposed to air freight to bring the costs down, but you can guarantee the taxes will always be there.

Archived