Viper Condi Support/Full Harrier Druids in Fractals

EyeSable.9567

I'd say the full healer is the best option.But ultimately it's up to you... If you're skilled enough to use the "less healy" option and still keep your party alive, then off-healer is best because it'll add a (tiny) increase in dps. Also, might be worth noting that Harrier has higher boon uptime, with it you can also be the primary source of might for your party with Grace of the Land.

Also there's your grupo to account for. If you're puging might be better to go full healer, to make up for inconsistent members, if you're going with a fixed group, best decided amongst yourselves.

Always go full healer and don't listen to pugmates if they insist you should be taking damage. Staying alive is paramount in fractals and you can do it with both hands tied to your back as Harrier, as well as keep might up for everyone with 0 effort. There is little to no advantage in taking the extra (extremely small) higher damage option in a pug scenario, and your buddies should have no problem blazing enemies with 25 might anyway.

full healer. condi druid is only good for exp raid groups. nobody would need a babysitter all go offensive.for pugs, your condi druid deals very lil damage and can't heal that well.for CM pugs, i prefer auramancer more especially along new patches and stuff. full of bugs and sometimes rebound saves the day.

The only place I consistently prefer condition Druid in T4's is 99CM Siax so that you and the Chrono can easily clear the fourth echo. Other than that, I vastly prefer Harrier's healer for the reasons others have specified; it's so helpful and lets your team faceroll DPS and overall have a better time with fewer wipes.

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:The only place I consistently prefer condition Druid in T4's is 99CM Siax so that you and the Chrono can easily clear the fourth echo. Other than that, I vastly prefer Harrier's healer for the reasons others have specified; it's so helpful and lets your team faceroll DPS and overall have a better time with fewer wipes.

Should not be needed. The chrono has to play in offensive gear not ministrel and together they shouldn't have any problem at all to clear it. Even if they have the other 3 players will easily be there to help in time. Otherwise the group is consisting of very horrible players.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:The only place I consistently prefer condition Druid in T4's is 99CM Siax so that you and the Chrono can easily clear the fourth echo. Other than that, I vastly prefer Harrier's healer for the reasons others have specified; it's so helpful and lets your team faceroll DPS and overall have a better time with fewer wipes.

Should not be needed. The chrono has to play in offensive gear not ministrel and together they shouldn't have any problem at all to clear it. Even if they have the other 3 players will easily be there to help in time. Otherwise the group is consisting of very horrible players.

There is literally 0 reason to tryhard in pugs when you can secure the kill with healer druid :)

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

There is literally 0 reason to tryhard in pugs when you can secure the kill with healer druid :)

Who wrote that? Having the healer + dps chrono together to easily kill the 4th echo is not tryhard mode.

My point is you don't need a condition druid there.

@Vinceman.4572 said:

@"Kheldorn.5123" said:

Who wrote that? Having the healer + dps chrono together to easily kill the 4th echo is not tryhard mode.

My point is you don't need a condition druid there.

ah okay, I misunderstood you then, my bad :)

I have a heal, viper and zerker (strength rune) set on my ranger. While viper druid works in some groups, some players are atrocious at dodging. Heal should be a first set for that reason alone.

Since I main ranger, viper is an easy transition to viper sb for max dps (just need different weapon and sigil) if another druid joins the group. If you have alts you can play, this isn't a problem. Just keep it in mind if it's your first fotm ready character.

I don't think it's widely accepted yet but I've been messing around more with power druid and I actually think it's better than viper druid in a lot of fights. Better burst, cleave , cc and reflect. Definitely not a first set to go for but I just want to see more discussion on it.

Full boon healer for fractal daily PUGs, definitely. Condi druid is for minmaxing out a little more DPS in statics where no one needs a lot of heals - but it's a LITTLE more, a majestic 3k DPS. Not a fair trade for all those heals and boon duration IMO.

However, it's not a bad idea to work towards having both a heal druid gearset and a viper soulbeast gearset (or a DPS gearset on another class). Druids are very popular in fractals and you run across fellow druids frequently... but no group needs 2 healers, so one of you has to switch to DPS or leave. And then, if you still want to experiment with condi druid, all you need is a condi axe.

Archived