PvP Reward Suggestions

Deus Fatorum.2473

My current opinions on the drawbacks of PvP and how it stands now.

• PvP Ranked Queue is more reliably rewarding gold wise for quick losses than close wins, while this is re-portable in game as match manipulation the fact that it is rewarded in game means inevitably toxic/frustrated/exploit-y players will abuse this, and as much as I can try to encourage people not too for the health of the game and report players who do, the system could use some adjusting.
  • Enjoy-ability is low if you want to play duo having to rely on/carry pugs is simply less fun than playing with friends you know. At the same time I can see the drawbacks on queue times and balance if we were to revert to team queue.

Some suggestions...

• Increase pip gain for winning a match, and decrease pip gain for losing a match. This may take adjusting so to not burn out players on a loss streak, but at the same time not reward inactivity.
  • End of season rewards, if you can get 10-50 gold for Automated Tourney's daily, why not offer some rewards for how you placed at the end of a PvP season? While a badge is nice and shiny (and title if top 250), If you can get more gold by match manipulating its a very bitter victory. Not to mention you work hard for your placements, so would be nice to be rewarded based on how you place. Though I can see where some may feel this could also fuel toxicity by putting added pressure to climb the ladder, I don't see how AT's are much different. Not to mention, if you are playing more casually you probably would not mind 1-5 gold for placing bronze while some players have 50 gold for placing legendary. After all it would be gold you would not have gotten otherwise.

Some good things and further suggestions!

• Automated Tourney's in my opinion are a great way of reintroducing team play, they allow a competitive atmosphere for players to make teams and even allow casual players a chance to get into team play and have some fun.
  • Remember that 2v2 custom arena you guys introduced?! Well that was genius, however relying on players to self organize it maybe not so much. I think the arena and concept were solid, so might I suggest adding 2v2 Automated Tourneys? This would allow players who like to duo queue a way to enjoy the game without relying on additional teammates from time to time, and may prove useful in diffusing built up tension from constantly playing with pugs.

While I do love PvP in this game I think there are many ways to improve the experience. I am not advocating going back to esports but more just simple balance, tweaks, quality of life improvements, and features to make the game mode more enjoyable, and engaging as we continue on.

I don't agree that quick losses are more rewarding than close wins. Close wins get you 10-11 pips. Quick losses get you 3-4 and assuming you are throwing for farming purposes you aren't too likely to get that 4th from top stats. That being said, i would support reducing the pips on a blowout by 1 and increasing the pips on a close loss by 1.

End of season rewards is a great idea. Unique skins maybe more so than gold although gold never hurts. Skins that can be identified as coming from a certain rank. Might be something that increases toxicity but, honestly, the ones who would be toxic over this are likely already toxic for a loss anyways. Rocket League has implemented a system where you get a reward based on winning enough games at a certain rank. So even if you end the season below that rank, you still get the reward for the top rank. I like it, personally. It would mean if you spend all season in plat 1 only to drop down into gold after a losing streak at the end you wouldn't miss out on the reward that you had earned most of the season.

Love your idea about 2v2 automated tourneys. Or just a 2v2 queue, maybe during the off season with its own reward system.

@Omcrazy.4756 said:I don't agree that quick losses are more rewarding than close wins. Close wins get you 10-11 pips. Quick losses get you 3-4 and assuming you are throwing for farming purposes you aren't too likely to get that 4th from top stats. That being said, i would support reducing the pips on a blowout by 1 and increasing the pips on a close loss by 1.

End of season rewards is a great idea. Unique skins maybe more so than gold although gold never hurts. Skins that can be identified as coming from a certain rank. Might be something that increases toxicity but, honestly, the ones who would be toxic over this are likely already toxic for a loss anyways. Rocket League has implemented a system where you get a reward based on winning enough games at a certain rank. So even if you end the season below that rank, you still get the reward for the top rank. I like it, personally. It would mean if you spend all season in plat 1 only to drop down into gold after a losing streak at the end you wouldn't miss out on the reward that you had earned most of the season.

Love your idea about 2v2 automated tourneys. Or just a 2v2 queue, maybe during the off season with its own reward system.

When I have seen players do it the matches generally don't last longer than 2-3 mins so 3-4 pips in 3 mins vs 10-11 pips in a close match let's say 10-14 minutes. That is why I said a slight adjustment is needed if a 3 min match lost gave 1-2 pips but a 10-14 min match won gave 12-15 pips it would properly reward playing the game versus match manipulating.

I like the idea of unique skins! However I'd be fine with gold / league tickets as well, maybe even mini llamas for higher divisions.

I already deactivated badge on my all characters, perhaps the new real competition is tournaments.Ranked can be completely scrapped, move pve rewards freely to unranked, and badges/league rank to tournaments.

Tournaments based on specific hours avoids also the "i just want have fun" mindset, and ppl saying they gotta afk cuz they leave baby sleeping or someone at door.

Archived