How ruin pvp 101

Cynz.9437

It is almost half year since PoF release. Every point in pvp matches is flooded with puddles of death and unkillable mesmers stacking confusion which punish you for cleansing condis.We recently had patch that was supposed to address condition damage but it didn't at all. It only nerfed underplayed specs and specs that literary ruin pvp/wvw right now remained untouched/unaffected by change.

I have to ask, why does balance team designs the classes the way that some are literary pay2win (scourge/mirage) and other gets harassed by teammates simply for existing (thief/revenant)? Nobody wants to play game like this.

Dear devs, right now, based on your choices it looks like you are systematically trying to kill pvp/wvw. Is this what you are trying to do? Please tell us. What are your goals actually?How did you come to conclusion that spamming huge, instant, causing nearly instant death, low CD circles on conquest points is definition of balance? How did you come to conclusion that UC was overtuned and needed a heavy nerf but EM (which is arguably way better) is fine?

I have learnt not to ask myself Question/s why is PvP (balance) in the state in which it is and why are buffs/nerfs that took place, taking place. Because the more I asked myself these questions the more I realized there is no, not a single one, logical explanation or reason. Which only deepens my confusion.It scares me, it scares me in real life. It scares me to think that only possible answer is that Devs themselves are so out of touch with their own Game. It scares me in real life to think that people can even actualy be out of touch with what they do for living.It feels the same as if you'd see someone beating a Puppy... Why, just why... Why is this happening. Answer won't come, you'll be just left to continue your existence in absolute confusion.I'd much rather be flamed and proved wrong, be embarrassed by Devs than to sit here in this terrible silence, watching these "patches" arrive, not knowing why is this happening to us.

@"Alatar.7364" said:It feels the same as if you'd see someone beating a Puppy... Why, just why... Why is this happening. Answer won't come, you'll be just left to continue your existence in absolute confusion.I'd much rather be flamed and proved wrong, be embarrassed by Devs than to sit here in this terrible silence, watching these "patches" arrive, not knowing why is this happening to us.

Brutal but how I feel too.

I'm starting to believe balance is making things overpowered and underpowered for periods of time just for the sake of keeping things fresh.

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard for them to tweak the numbers where everything was near equal but that obviously is not the goal when some things are arbitrarily deemed too OP for one class but perfectly fine for another. I won't give examples but if you have been paying attention to balance you will see what I mean.

@JayAction.9056 said:I'm starting to believe balance is making things overpowered and underpowered for periods of time just for the sake of keeping things fresh.

Honestly it wouldn't be that hard for them to tweak the numbers where everything was near equal but that obviously is not the goal when some things are arbitrarily deemed too OP for one class but perfectly fine for another. I won't give examples but if you have been paying attention to balance you will see what I mean.

Like in support apect? Tempest= OMG so op nerf healing, protection and everythingFirebrand= better than tempest ever was.. perfectly fine, no need for nerf ^^

@MarkoNS.3261 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:you know what they should do a hard split on every skill in pve and pvp and balance it like that, like they did in gw1 the far superior game to this.

Anet will never do it cause that would kill class on PVE side ;P

a seperate balance of pve and pvp would kill pve ? how do you figure this magic trick.

Actually the best would make everything arround pvp balance and tweak mobs with better a.i towards pvp combat xD

@Aeolus.3615 said:

@MarkoNS.3261 said:you know what they should do a hard split on every skill in pve and pvp and balance it like that, like they did in gw1 the far superior game to this.

Anet will never do it cause that would kill class on PVE side ;P

a seperate balance of pve and pvp would kill pve ? how do you figure this magic trick.

Actually the best would make everything arround pvp balance and tweak mobs with better a.i towards pvp combat xD

The general skill level of players in this game wouldn't cope with better a.i.

@Alatar.7364 said:

Sigh,Please learn the play the game.Stop trying to face tank sand shroud like a moron.Wait for the confuse and cleanse it once we spike confuse on you once we cannot do that again for 40seconds.Range the Necro down if your too impatient.Don't have a range weapon wait sand shroud to go down if the necro runs out of life force necro cannot shroud.Please learn to play.

Please.

Thanks.Signed,Lythim

Your friendly neighborhood mesmer/engineer/gaurdian/elementalist/revenant

I like your oversimplification of things

Signed,absolute nobody

Your friendly neighborhood warrior/thief/necro/mesmer/engineer/revenant/elementalist/guardian/ranger

Its really is that simple.Axe 2, F2 and ambush is the confuse. (Cry of frustration is on a 40+ second cd with a 3clone prerequisite)All of which have high tells.Mirages aren't necro's we can't cover our conditions with a shit ton of useless shit like necros can, so when you cleanse your gonna get the confuse and the torment and the bleed.

I understand this might be a little crazy, that the class that you convinced your self is OP actually isn't OP and damage can mostly be negated in one skill for 40seconds, but its true, you should log onto your mesmer and look at the cd for Cry of frustration. You should take a look at Elusive Mind too because were aren't gonna spam ambush for those stacks cause we need a clear. Jaunt is only 3 stacks and we need to use that to for escaping at best outside of Axe 2 and f2 burst rotations your gonna get hit with a maximum of 8-10 stacks of confuse and that pushing it because we would have to lane jaunt axe 2 and ambush respectively with zero counterplay from you.

Truely, you should actually just look at mesmer cooldowns.Or not, and continue to be dominated by them.

It really is a Learn to play issue, just remember we cannot cover our conditions with crap like weakness/chill/poison etc your generally gonna see bleed,torment,confuse,blind, auto the blind of or don't depends if you of confuse on you already or don't and cleanse, most cleanses are 2 or more conditions remember you can cleasne 20 stacks of confuse with one cleanse.

Thanks for reading!

@Genesis.5169 said:

Sigh,Please learn the play the game.Stop trying to face tank sand shroud like a moron.Wait for the confuse and cleanse it once we spike confuse on you once we cannot do that again for 40seconds.Range the Necro down if your too impatient.Don't have a range weapon wait sand shroud to go down if the necro runs out of life force necro cannot shroud.Please learn to play.

Please.

Thanks.Signed,Lythim

Signed,absolute nobody

Your friendly neighborhood warrior/thief/necro/mesmer/engineer/revenant/elementalist/guardian/ranger

Its really is that simple.Axe 2, F2 and ambush is the confuse. (Cry of frustration is on a 40+ second cd with a 3clone prerequisite)All of which have high tells.Mirages aren't necro's we can't cover our conditions with a kitten ton of useless kitten like necros can, so when you cleanse your gonna get the confuse and the torment and the bleed.

I understand this might be a little crazy, that the class that you convinced your self is OP actually isn't OP and damage can mostly be negated in one skill for 40seconds, but its true, you should log onto your mesmer and look at the cd for Cry of frustration. You should take a look at Elusive Mind too because were aren't gonna spam ambush for those stacks cause we need a clear. Jaunt is only 3 stacks and we need to use that to for escaping at best outside of Axe 2 and f2 burst rotations your gonna get hit with a maximum of 8-10 stacks of confuse and that pushing it because we would have to lane jaunt axe 2 and ambush respectively with zero counterplay from you.

Truely, you should actually just look at mesmer cooldowns.Or not, and continue to be dominated by them.

It really is a Learn to play issue, just remember we cannot cover our conditions with crap like weakness/chill/poison etc your generally gonna see bleed,torment,confuse,blind, auto the blind of or don't depends if you of confuse on you already or don't and cleanse, most cleanses are 2 or more conditions remember you can cleasne 20 stacks of confuse with one cleanse.

Thanks for reading!

We are talking Meta Build of Mirage, not the custom Build that you are obviously running for your own. As, judging by the posts on entire Forums, we can Safely assume people are not Talking about Your self-made build.I am going to presume you did not know that because I don't believe anybody would intentionaly state False Facts that can be so easily checked.

1. EVERY shatter skill inflicts Confusion (and Blindness and Torment)
  2. Cry of Frustration has a CD of 21.25 Secs
  3. Other Shatter skill has a CD of 10.25 sec (not even taking Clone generation in to account)
  4. Axe 2 has an Amunition system...
  5. To presume that any Condi Mirage would blow Everything in one burst is just made up argument in action
  6. Mirages have Weapons, not only Shatters (or only Axe at that)

It seems like if you were trying to say that F2, Axe 2 and Jaunt are the only skills applying Conditions. That is just so far from Truth that I doubt you yourself actually know what you are talking about.

I am not even going to start on Vigor, Endurance Regeneration and Clone (+ Mirrors) Generation.

My apology, but I see no Arguments in your Comments, I see only Demagogy which I firmly hope is an outcome of lack of knowledge or misguidement on Topic at Hand. No Offense ment.

@Alatar.7364 said:

Please.

Thanks.Signed,Lythim

Signed,absolute nobody

Its really is that simple.Axe 2, F2 and ambush is the confuse. (Cry of frustration is on a 40+ second cd with a 3clone prerequisite)All of which have high tells.Mirages aren't necro's we can't cover our conditions with a kitten ton of useless kitten like necros can, so when you cleanse your gonna get the confuse and the torment and the bleed.

Thanks for reading!

We are talking Meta Build of Mirage, not the custom Build that you are obviously running for your own. As, judging by the posts on entire Forums, we can Safely assume people are not Talking about Your self-made build.I am going to presume you did not know that because I don't believe anybody would intentionaly state False Facts that can be so easily checked.
  3. Other Shatter skill has a CD of 10.25 sec (not even taking Clone generation in to account)
  5. To presume that any Condi Mirage would blow Everything in one burst is just made up argument in action

It seems like if you were trying to say that F2, Axe 2 and Jaunt are the only skills applying Conditions. That is just so far from Truth that I doubt you yourself actually know what you are talking about.

I am not even going to start on Vigor, Endurance Regeneration and Clone (+ Mirrors) Generation.

My apology, but I see no Arguments in your Comments, I see only Demagogy which I firmly hope is an outcome of lack of knowledge or misguidement on Topic at Hand. No Offense ment.

Shatter isn't going to apply alot of confuse unless i dump alot of clones, and your gonna save those clones for either distort or cry, If your shattering outside of that its for interrupt or blind. But w/e continue to be outplayed by mesmers.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Please.

Thanks.Signed,Lythim

Signed,absolute nobody

Thanks for reading!

Shatter isn't going to apply alot of confuse unless i dump alot of clones, and your gonna save those clones for either distort or cry, If your shattering outside of that its for interrupt or blind. But w/e continue to be outplayed by mesmers.

Not sure if you know but Distortion generates Condi burst as well in this Build, so Thanks for giving me a hand.Also, I know of no Good, or even average Mesmer, that keeps his Clones without Shatter on regular basis except when the Mesmer knows he is low on HP or about to be Bursted.Also like I said Blinds (and interrupts /viz. Ineptitude/) apply damaging Conditions (lots of them) so basically you are proving to me that even on Defensive rotation, Mirage is still going to apply strong Condition pressure (with half of skills on low CDs)But yeah, w/e go on not addressing my Arguments and prove me right with your own Comments. Way to Go.

@Genesis.5169 said:

Please.

Thanks.Signed,Lythim

Signed,absolute nobody

Thanks for reading!

Well dang I guess everyone that’s complaining about condis must just suck ass

I like another thread calling Mirage "absolute evil". Do you really think that nerfing Mirage will fix current sPvP state?Mirage, Scourge, Holosmith, Spellbreaker are all just button spam classes. The problem in sPvP now is not confusion, torment, too high damage of some class, etc... The problem is the brainless button spam on all major classes. No more tactical fights, no more baiting of enemy defensive cooldowns, no more dodges in response on enemy action. Mirage is just the most broken part of this broken design.

but they keep saying that they want every skill / trait to basically behave same in every mode, so that you can fight players the way you would fight balthasars army or a tower gate in WvW. because they are basically all the same: Hitpoints you want to get rid off - riiight?

I don't know if you played the same game as I did for 8000 hours, but GW1 never successfully achieved balance in either PvP or in PvE. Hard splits made some builds confusing for people who did both because the same skill could have fundamentally different functionality in both modes, and large numbers of skills were completely useless in one mode or the other (largely due to the huge number of different skills available). The classes themselves were also quite poorly balanced as the secondary classes of Mesmer or Monk were almost always objectively better than any other option for a many of the builds where mesmer MAIN was actually fairly bad for a lot of builds due to fast casting being only situationally useful and rapidly draining out your energy, forcing you to drop good secondary class skills in favor of inspiration base skills to gain any advantage at all with it as a main class.

Hard splits were NOT a good solution by any means. More frequent balance updates will help if that is something they are really pushing for, but they can and SHOULD be strictly numerical splits, that change how the skill/trait behaves without changing base function.

@Sojourner.4621 said:

I don't know if you played the same game as I did for 8000 hours, but GW1 never successfully achieved balance in either PvP or in PvE. Hard splits made some builds confusing for people who did both because the same skill could have fundamentally different functionality in both modes, and large numbers of skills were completely useless in one mode or the other (largely due to the huge number of different skills available). The classes themselves were also quite poorly balanced as the secondary classes of Mesmer or Monk were almost always objectively better than any other option for a many of the builds where mesmer MAIN was actually fairly bad for a lot of builds due to fast casting being only situationally useful and rapidly draining out your energy, forcing you to drop good secondary class skills in favor of inspiration base skills to gain any advantage at all with it as a main class.

Hard splits were NOT a good solution by any means. More frequent balance updates will help if that is something they are really pushing for, but they can and SHOULD be strictly numerical splits, that change how the skill/trait behaves without changing base function.

The balance can never be perfect and it doesnt need to be, still i think seperate balance for pve and pvp is better then mushing them together.

Archived