Frustrating mount control bugs

These have been in game since mounts first started. Mounts can't turn on initial mount, they will only strafe instead of turning until you move straight forward or straight backwards making you wait a good chunk of time. Griffin dismount locks the griffin panel with no abilities working on character if locked in combat from a dive attack, you have to let the game kill the griffin before you have access to your character or skills.

Yes you can. instread using the directional buttons, click and hold the left mouse button (I think this is standard options) and then use the left/right (usually a and d) to turn on point. Had to find it out myself. But you can't fall down etc. It really is 'on point'.

Holding the left mouse button keeps the camera fixed while you turn your character.

The 'on spot moving' always works, believe me. But you have to use my description above. Don't use mouse look, use the fixed camera button (usually on left mouse button, keep it pressed), you can then turn your character without moving the camera, so basically your char does a pirouette on spot. It mechanically is really on spot. The game notices that you don't move one pixel. That only happens with this on mount.

While you can use the left/right buttons to turn like this without mount, mounted the behaviour is different, they have inertia and they walk small circles. They did that to let them move more realistically. But with the above mentioned technique you can achieve that.

I had a similar discussion with people who didn't know how gliding works; you either stay on the jump button and the glider opens automatically or you press it again. And some people didn't believe me until the tried it several times and had a profound revelation.

If you don't believe me, add me in game (EU servers) and I'll show you.

@ProtoGunner.4953 said:The 'on spot moving' always works, believe me. But you have to use my description above. Don't use mouse look, use the fixed camera button (usually on left mouse button, keep it pressed), you can then turn your character without moving the camera, so basically your char does a pirouette on spot. It mechanically is really on spot. The game notices that you don't move one pixel. That only happens with this on mount.

While you can use the left/right buttons to turn like this without mount, mounted the behaviour is different, they have inertia and they walk small circles. They did that to let them move more realistically. But with the above mentioned technique you can achieve that.

I had a similar discussion with people who didn't know how gliding works; you either stay on the jump button and the glider opens automatically or you press it again. And some people didn't believe me until the tried it several times and had a profound revelation.

If you don't believe me, add me in game (EU servers) and I'll show you.

I don't think you're getting what I'm saying, the strafe move q and e are also the action of a and d when you first mount up, until you use w or d. It only happens on first mount, after that it never happens. Most mouse move, so I'm not surprised many don't encounter it. Many of my guild mates report the same problem with mounts.

Archived