what a joke

gashen.3874

myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

On the flip side, kudos to the mesmer who effectively singlehandedly removed 20 opposing players from the playing field.

@"gashen.3874" said:myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

That thief you kicked from the squad because thieves just take up space without being useful, right? could have easily caught and killed that mesmer.

But to be honest, I don't see the point in any WvW activity besides doing dailies for the Gift of Battle. It's cute how some people there care about a camp being captured. On the plus side, there are lots of other players who don't give a kitty about WvW. Yesterday I killed a veteran creature together with 2 "enemy" players. We killed it for the daily and moved on. When a group catches me from doing my daily camp capture, I just move to another map and take some other camp. You are a niche, so yeah, WvW is a joke, In agree.

@"Gambino.2109" said:Wish I could have seen a video of that from the chaser's point of view.

Me too as I've seen one "Nightcrawler" (looked like him from X-men minus the name) mesmer in WvW once.Ran to me and a huge squad and just... toyed with us as we all prepared to take the guy out.

Later saw he just vanished and got away. Unlike the TC's group, we didn't chase after him though.

He did come back later and picked off a few of us that were left behind and none of us could get him. He would down us and then jump around happy as we regen ourselves and then when we got back up and tried to get him he would toy with us even more and then down us again. After a while, we just left the guy alone and he kept on following like a little fly/mosquito that just don't want to go away.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:And here I thought mesmers weren’t even considered to be that fast. I would have thought that WvW players would have had someone who could use their speedboosts/skills to catch up and control skills to cripple.

Mesmers are very close to being second in terms of sheer landspeed at this point, and generally have superior mobility to warriors on their more competitive builds, since power Nike warrior isn't a thing anymore.

It's not uncommon or all that difficult (especially for chrono) for mesmers to outrun their foes, including some thief builds which elect not to run shortbow for sword, instead, which isn't uncommon in WvW since the vertical platforming often isn't worth it and since sword's blink distance is longer.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:And here I thought mesmers weren’t even considered to be that fast. I would have thought that WvW players would have had someone who could use their speedboosts/skills to catch up and control skills to cripple.

Mesmers are very close to being second in terms of sheer landspeed at this point, and generally have superior mobility to warriors on their more competitive builds, since power Nike warrior isn't a thing anymore.

It's not uncommon or all that difficult (especially for chrono) for mesmers to outrun their foes, including some thief builds which elect not to run shortbow for sword, instead, which isn't uncommon in WvW since the vertical platforming often isn't worth it and since sword's blink distance is longer.

Close to second? So they're in third place speedwise?

Still would have thought that if a crowd of 20 is chasing a member of the 3rd fastest profession that some of them would have been one of first or second fastest (and gotten close enough to use control skills to slow them down further).

@"Ashen.2907" said:I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

On the flip side, kudos to the mesmer who effectively singlehandedly removed 20 opposing players from the playing field.

WvW when it comes to "winning" the PPT is competitively a joke and poorly designed in regard to tedious gameplay that is contrary to a mass scale PvP mode, hence there is no reason to care about the score beyond the effect it has on which servers you might get next matchup. (which often means it is actually preferable to tank your score)

@Faaris.8013 said:

@"gashen.3874" said:myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

That thief you kicked from the squad because thieves just take up space without being useful, right? could have easily caught and killed that mesmer.

But to be honest, I don't see the point in any WvW activity besides doing dailies for the Gift of Battle. It's cute how some people there care about a camp being captured. On the plus side, there are lots of other players who don't give a kitty about WvW. Yesterday I killed a veteran creature together with 2 "enemy" players. We killed it for the daily and moved on. When a group catches me from doing my daily camp capture, I just move to another map and take some other camp. You are a niche, so yeah, WvW is a joke, In agree.

Idk why people kick thieves so much. its ridiculous. Thieves can do almost the highest damage in dps, and are best in condi. They Can stealth your whole team. Scout for your team. And track people down..... yea lets kick him.

@blambidy.3216 said:

Idk why people kick thieves so much. its ridiculous. Thieves can do almost the highest damage in dps, and are best in condi. They Can stealth your whole team. Scout for your team. And track people down..... yea lets kick him.

I expect to surf the edge of a Zerg on most nights. Occasionally if the squad has openings, and they do often, I'll get pulled in to help with scouting and maybe getting someone in combat.

But I know that the class itself has small pieces to offer the team as a whole especially compared to other classes.

It's not to say it can't be of benefit, it's just that there are others that could help more.

Where I laugh at commanders is when they don't utilize someone when they have 20 openings. (Guild runs are different...). But when a pug commander pulls that, it's kind of funny.

Being in TS/Discord helps. I haven't found any pug leaders who kick thiefs when they have partially filled squads though. Not on my server at least.

@zinkz.7045 said:

@"Ashen.2907" said:I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

WvW when it comes to "winning" the PPT is competitively a joke and poorly designed in regard to tedious gameplay that is contrary to a mass scale PvP mode, hence there is no reason to care about the score beyond the effect it has on which servers you might get next matchup. (which often means it is actually preferable to tank your score)

The best reason to care about results in any form of competitive game is simple the desire to compete.

@zinkz.7045 said:

The best reason to care about results in any form of competitive game is simple the desire to compete.

@Ashen.2907 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

Whoosh... The game isn't competitive...

@gashen.3874 said:myself and about 20 others have just spent 10 minutes chasing a Mesmer around in the eternal battlegrounds,a complete joke. nobody could get anywhere near him or her.this really needs looking at and a bit of balancing is in order. I,m afraid wvw is a bit of a joke and needs a complete overhaul or scapping altogether.

a zerg chased ONE around for 20mins and you call a joke on the mes? ahaaa

@zinkz.7045 said:

@Ashen.2907 said:I agree. The idea that 20 people would waste their time chasing one character rather than actually contributing to their server's score is pretty much a joke.

Whoosh... The game isn't competitive...

Every game is competitive if you want it to be. Competitiveness is in how you play, not what you play.

Archived