Superior Sigil of Absorption

killahmayne.9518

@killahmayne.9518 said:Question about this sigil and how it works in WvW. Say you interrupt 3 enemies at the same time, do you steal 3 boons (1 from each person?) or is it one boon only on proc?

It doesn't have an internal CD so it should, methinks.

Edit: Feel free to Alt + F4 if it doesn't, like you always do when things don't go your way :wink:

It will take 1 from each person who gets interrupted, as often as you can interrupt.

Mind you, it needs to actually inturupt them for this to happen, not just knock them down- they need to be in mid-cast

I run this sigil on my WvW guard weaponsets, dual melee with hammer and mace/shield

@Arlette.9684 said:

@killahmayne.9518 said:Question about this sigil and how it works in WvW. Say you interrupt 3 enemies at the same time, do you steal 3 boons (1 from each person?) or is it one boon only on proc?

It doesn't have an internal CD so it should, methinks.

Edit: Feel free to Alt + F4 if it doesn't, like you always do when things don't go your way :wink:

that's what I thought as it didnt have an internal CD, not sure what you mean by the Alt + F4 comment lol don't think I've ever done it before though.

@Klipso.8653 said:It will take 1 from each person who gets interrupted, as often as you can interrupt.

Mind you, it needs to actually inturupt them for this to happen, not just knock them down- they need to be in mid-cast

I run this sigil on my WvW guard weaponsets, dual melee with hammer and mace/shield

Ah I see thanks, the wiki doesn't have that much information about it, aside from what boons it prioritizes, guess it is something I need to test something myself

@Strider Pj.2193 said:I run it on thief short bow. Poison cloud interupts, it's great to surf a Zerg with it.

I can imagine lol

• 1 year later...

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:I was curious if with it now having a 10 second CD and stealing 3. Will it steal 3 from each foe it interrupts now if they are all interrupted on that single hit?

No, its now internal cooldown is for the complete effect, its for the sigil itself and isnt counted for each enemy individually. So you interrupt 5 ppl, you steal 3 boons and then have to wait 10s before it geta activated again. So in big groups it was nerfed, but for smallsclase and singletargets it has gotten better

Edit: checked wiki and it says that the internal cd is only active in pvp, and wvw shouldnt be affected, so yeaAnd its only 3 seconds cd, not 10

Edit edit: nvm, checked patchnotes of the sigil and rune overhaul and changed to 10sec, guess wiki is not up to date, sadly...Well the 10sec cd still works as mentioned above

The order of boonremoval is resistance, aegis, retaliation, swiftness, might, regeneration, quickness, fury and vigor.

In PvP it's still a 3 second icd, while it used to be none for WvW allowing you to do exactly that, interrupt 5 people and steal 5 boons. With the 10 second icd this isn't possible anymore, it will steal 3 boons from 1 of those targets then go on cooldown.

Given how protection and quickness are so far down the list, and the rest run rampant in the gamemode, naturally this is most useful for removing resistance.

A good example is an elementalist using Static Field (unblockable) right in front of a charging zerg, for those without stability will get the condibomb and those with it will burn an extra stack before engage. Also works in small scale if you fight, say, a warrior that pops his healing signet to deal with your conditions.

For WvW purposes, keep in mind this sigil won't proc if the opponent has stability (unless you use mesmer's Chaos Storm), so make sure to wait it out or spend some hard CC to remove it. When fighting a zerg the best time to land your cc is after your team drop the first bomb, but before the opponents regroup as stab will be running low and removing their regenerative boons will have that much more of an impact.

@RedShark.9548 said:

@"Demon Puppet.6873" said:I was curious if with it now having a 10 second CD and stealing 3. Will it steal 3 from each foe it interrupts now if they are all interrupted on that single hit?

No, its now internal cooldown is for the complete effect, its for the sigil itself and isnt counted for each enemy individually. So you interrupt 5 ppl, you steal 3 boons and then have to wait 10s before it geta activated again. So in big groups it was nerfed, but for smallsclase and singletargets it has gotten better

Edit: checked wiki and it says that the internal cd is only active in pvp, and wvw shouldnt be affected, so yeaAnd its only 3 seconds cd, not 10

Edit edit: nvm, checked patchnotes of the sigil and rune overhaul and changed to 10sec, guess wiki is not up to date, sadly...Well the 10sec cd still works as mentioned above

Just got word the "10 second CD" was a typo it is still 3 seconds

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:I was curious if with it now having a 10 second CD and stealing 3. Will it steal 3 from each foe it interrupts now if they are all interrupted on that single hit?

Keep in mind there's 2 versions of the sigil, namely the Exotic and the PvP version.

The PvP version (available while in sPvP) still functions like the old one, removing 1 boon on a 3 second icd.

The Exotic one however states "Cooldown against Defiant Foes: 3 seconds" only, no mention about a regular cd.

I have been running this sigil in WvW lately and can say it seems very unlikely it has no cd anymore, as not many boons are transferred (and you'd notice 3 going) so it might just be missing in the tooltip. Also don't really see how they could make it 3x stronger without any offset at all.

As for the note about 3 sec icd on defiant foes, it's perfectly in line with other "on interrupt" sigils after they updated them.

But if you are right and have it confirmed, please post here first as I'd very much like to know myself :)

@rng.1024 said:

Keep in mind there's 2 versions of the sigil, namely the Exotic and the PvP version.

The PvP version (available while in sPvP) still functions like the old one, removing 1 boon on a 3 second icd.

The Exotic one however states "Cooldown against Defiant Foes: 3 seconds" only, no mention about a regular cd.

I have been running this sigil in WvW lately and can say it seems very unlikely it has no cd anymore, as not many boons are transferred (and you'd notice 3 going) so it might just be missing in the tooltip. Also don't really see how they could make it 3x stronger without any offset at all.

As for the note about 3 sec icd on defiant foes, it's perfectly in line with other "on interrupt" sigils after they updated them.

But if you are right and have it confirmed, please post here first as I'd very much like to know myself :)

I have a buddy who works at Anet who was looking into it. He says the 10 second cd was misinformation but a 3 second CD was put on it. Not just against Defiant foes. Next balance patch the text will be updated. So I guess that is when we will see 100% for sure what is correct. But apparently at this moment it is a 3 second cd.

@Demon Puppet.6873 said:

@rng.1024 said:

I have a buddy who works at Anet who was looking into it. He says the 10 second cd was misinformation but a 3 second CD was put on it. Not just against Defiant foes. Next balance patch the text will be updated. So I guess that is when we will see 100% for sure what is correct. But apparently at this moment it is a 3 second cd.

That makes sense, given it had 0 icd before and hard CC's are gated behind relatively long cooldowns. Still quite the buff though for exactly that reason, but maybe an intended step to counter the boon meta. Thanks for sharing!

@rng.1024 said:hard CC's are gated behind relatively long cooldowns

Tell that a holo with sword/shield with laser, mine, and slick-shoes. ^^Even just running gadgeteer enhanced mines will give you two hard-AoE-CCs every 12s.Thief's poison field also still is proccing it pretty often.

10s would be much too high CD in my opinion, but 3s (or even 1s) is nice to prevent AoE-interrupting from stealing multiple boons.

@Dediggefedde.4961 said:

@rng.1024 said:hard CC's are gated behind relatively long cooldowns

Tell that a holo with sword/shield with laser, mine, and slick-shoes. ^^Even just running gadgeteer enhanced mines will give you two hard-AoE-CCs every 12s.Thief's poison field also still is proccing it pretty often.

10s would be much too high CD in my opinion, but 3s (or even 1s) is nice to prevent AoE-interrupting from stealing multiple boons.

Isn't cc engineer's specialty? As it should be imo, something that has to be played around. I agree though, AoE boonrips would become problematic.

Archived