Soulbeast: Stance of Dolyak a bit to good?

arenta.2953

so been playing Soulbeast (since Deadeye was disappointing as hell, and i got bored of my lovely reaper)

and recently got this skill.....and noticed that it flat out makes u immune to all movement conditions for (with trait) 9 secounds, with 6 secounds of 6 stack stability, stun break. oh and retaliation(icing on top?)

but, in WvW when i use this....it seems a bit to good. now given WvW is stun/knock down spam hell, with AoE condition nukes. as such my builds usually always focus on spam stun break and condition removal. but those are usually weakish skills, or a bit hard to control (stun breaks tend to be just that. a small stun break, and the jumps jump backwards which can hurt you....but this, is like god mode)

now sure, your still vulnerable to dmg, and condition dmg (though pop bear stance and conditions are actually beneficial to you).

guess what i'm askign is, does this skill seem a little TO good? its outright ignoring crowd control for 6-9 secounds, something i've never seen any skill do (can tell you this would make any class in WvW jealous)

or is there a counterbalance to it i'm not aware of? (30 secound cooldown does not count... thats actually pretty short)

LOL what? its okay (in fact there's alot of builds that rather slot something else).

I actually think its good for what is (no buffs no nerfs), its only one application 6 stack of stab and can be ripped/converted and only makes you immune to soft CC, for example if you get it ripped, you can still get CCed into the next world.

However take a scourges skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trail_of_Anguish. its a boon corrupt, swiftness, stab all on a lower cd or

warriors balanced stance witch while on a higher cd, gives you stab immunity to crit, stun break, swiftness and replication of stab https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balanced_Stance.

or ( to be-fair its gated behind reaper form but https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusing_Terror 20% damage reduction with stab on 25 sec cd when not traited)

or holosmith https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corona_Burst witch is stab every 8 seconds on hit)they need to just leave that one alone, the other stances could actually use some buffs. would be nice if griffon was a stun break. the other ones don't have that much use save for one wolf pack in pvp or wvw.

@"Eleazar.9478" said:LOL what? its okay (in fact there's alot of builds that rather slot something else).

I actually think its good for what is (no buffs no nerfs), its only one application 6 stack of stab and can be ripped/converted and only makes you immune to soft CC, for example if you get it ripped, you can still get CCed into the next world.

However take a scourges skill https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Trail_of_Anguish. its a boon corrupt, swiftness, stab all on a lower cd or

warriors balanced stance witch while on a higher cd, gives you stab immunity to crit, stun break, swiftness and replication of stab https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Balanced_Stance.

or ( to be-fair its gated behind reaper form but https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Infusing_Terror 20% damage reduction with stab on 25 sec cd when not traited)

or holosmith https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Corona_Burst witch is stab every 8 seconds on hit)they need to just leave that one alone, the other stances could actually use some buffs. would be nice if griffon was a stun break. the other ones don't have that much use save for one wolf pack in pvp or wvw.

for balanced stancethats a longer cooldownonly 2 stability (each last 1 secound per pulse over 4 secounds max)so 4 secounds. and no immunity to movement debuffs

for trail of anguish, again. no immunity to movement debuffs

infusing terror, no immunity to movement debuffs

your only looking at reapplies.. i'm mostly looking a the fact that for 9 secounds out of every 30. you can be 100% immune to movement debuffs. as in they don't apply. at all.

and you can't get past it by overstacking or spam. its flat out immune. thats insane for wvw.

@arenta.2953 said:

@"Eleazar.9478" said:LOL what? its okay (in fact there's alot of builds that rather slot something else).

However take a scourges skill
. its a boon corrupt, swiftness, stab all on a lower cd or

warriors balanced stance witch while on a higher cd, gives you stab immunity to crit, stun break, swiftness and replication of stab

or ( to be-fair its gated behind reaper form but
20% damage reduction with stab on 25 sec cd when not traited)

or holosmith
witch is stab every 8 seconds on hit)they need to just leave that one alone, the other stances could actually use some buffs. would be nice if griffon was a stun break. the other ones don't have that much use save for one wolf pack in pvp or wvw.

for balanced stancethats a longer cooldownonly 2 stability (each last 1 secound per pulse over 4 secounds max)so 4 secounds. and no immunity to movement debuffs

your only looking at reapplies.. i'm mostly looking a the fact that for 9 secounds out of every 30. you can be 100% immune to movement debuffs. as in they don't apply. at all.

and you can't get past it by overstacking or spam. its flat out immune. thats insane for wvw.

Most people rely on hard ccs anyways to set up damage. I'm not sure if you are familiar, but warriors used to be 100% immune to movement impairing conditions 100% of the time. So, yeah. THAT was OP. This skill is alright. Most people would rather slot something else anyways.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

warriors balanced stance witch while on a higher cd, gives you stab immunity to crit, stun break, swiftness and replication of stab

or holosmith
witch is stab every 8 seconds on hit)they need to just leave that one alone, the other stances could actually use some buffs. would be nice if griffon was a stun break. the other ones don't have that much use save for one wolf pack in pvp or wvw.

Most people rely on hard ccs anyways to set up damage. I'm not sure if you are familiar, but warriors used to be 100% immune to movement impairing conditions 100% of the time. So, yeah. THAT was OP. This skill is alright. Most people would rather slot something else anyways.

they were?

how o.0

@arenta.2953 said:

or holosmith

they were?

how o.0

Dogged march, lemongrass poultry, melandru runes

@shadowpass.4236 said:

or holosmith

they were?

how o.0

looking at changes to that skill.....all it did was reduce movement debuff durations. by 33%it didn't stop the skill itselfheck the change to the skill is the regen cooldown

immobilize, cripple, frost would all still proc on it. just shorter duration. but spammable down

alot of classes have that. but its different from immunity.

@arenta.2953 said:

or holosmith

they were?

how o.0

looking at changes to that skill.....all it did was reduce movement debuff durations. by 33%it didn't stop the skill itselfheck the change to the skill is the regen cooldown

immobilize, cripple, frost would all still proc on it. just shorter duration. but spammable down

I don't think you understand how it worked lol.

Dogged march reduced movement impairing conditions by 33%Lemongrass reduced condition duration by 40%Melandru reduced condition duration by 25%

That added up to 98% reduced duration of movement impairing conditions on you... That is pretty much immunity. Any movement impairing conditions would last like .05 seconds which is nothing.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

or holosmith

they were?

how o.0

Dogged march reduced movement impairing conditions by 33%Lemongrass reduced condition duration by 40%Melandru reduced condition duration by 25%

That added up to 98% reduced duration of movement impairing conditions on you... That is pretty much immunity. Any movement impairing conditions would last like .05 seconds which is nothing.

so how is that just for warrior......vs any other class with 33% reduction

Counterplay ? Boon strip and stun. Dolyak isn't breaking anything.

I don't get how it is OP when in WvW and PvP are farting boon corrupt/hate with Scourge and SBreakers.

DD Unhindered Combatant ? Mirage Elusive Mind ? Mesmer Distortion ? Block !? Really now... Let's talk about Condi and Barrier in WvW/PvP ?

@arenta.2953 said:

or holosmith

they were?

how o.0

so how is that just for warrior......vs any other class with 33% reduction

I don't think you understood the context of this either...

What I said applied to gw2, pre-hot. It was called Nike Warrior because the build could not be slowed down by any soft cc, and it would use gs s/sh to outrun every other build in WvW. Lemongrass was nerfed so warrior couldn't achieve 98% solely through traits, food, and runes anymore.

@"arenta.2953" said:so been playing Soulbeast (since Deadeye was disappointing as hell, and i got bored of my lovely reaper)

and recently got this skill.....and noticed that it flat out makes u immune to all movement conditions for (with trait) 9 secounds, with 6 secounds of 6 stack stability, stun break. oh and retaliation(icing on top?)

but, in WvW when i use this....it seems a bit to good. now given WvW is stun/knock down spam hell, with AoE condition nukes. as such my builds usually always focus on spam stun break and condition removal. but those are usually weakish skills, or a bit hard to control (stun breaks tend to be just that. a small stun break, and the jumps jump backwards which can hurt you....but this, is like god mode)

now sure, your still vulnerable to dmg, and condition dmg (though pop bear stance and conditions are actually beneficial to you).

guess what i'm askign is, does this skill seem a little TO good? its outright ignoring crowd control for 6-9 secounds, something i've never seen any skill do (can tell you this would make any class in WvW jealous)

or is there a counterbalance to it i'm not aware of? (30 secound cooldown does not count... thats actually pretty short)

Yeah, I don’t think so... Pretty strange to think that DS is setting off your “too good” alarm...

Do you think perma evade Daredevil builds, that can remove conditions with evades and dodging, are OP too?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Escapist%27s_Absolution

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unhindered_Combatant

Or those, up to 50k, 1 hit kill Deadeye builds?

Or the 25 second cd Spellbreaker heal (base heal is 11k) that removes up to 7 conditions?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Natural_Healing

Or the Mesmer shatter build that hit my full trailblazer necro for 22,999k out of stealth in 3 seconds?

17k CoR?

Are all those skills and traits that counter movement impairing conditions (that I’m too tired to look for) OP too?

... I think you see where I’m going?

No its not to good. Its good.I would actually prefer to see a charge system on the stances of soulbeast.Reduce stability stacks to 3 and give it 2 charges with 30s recharge time.This would make it really shine.But other stances need more work than dolyak.

Moa is good, makes concentration obsolete with a versatile pet.

Vulture is nice, but it is hold back by the icd on poisonapplication. They could just give it a charge system like sharpeningstone and increase the duration a lot. So you have no time pressure using it with more tactical usage. They could do a charge system here but with less stacks. Lets say 6 stacks. Recharge time of charges is about the same as the CD is now.

Griffon stance really needs some love.Id say just make it a short evade on buttonpress that refills endurance. End of the duration it gives vigor.So duration would be like 2s or 3s with GM.It gives back 50 endurance and after the 2s/3s it gives vigor.CD is now 30s. Or it could be 2 charges with 35s recharge or something.

@"arenta.2953" said:so been playing Soulbeast (since Deadeye was disappointing as hell, and i got bored of my lovely reaper)

"Too good" - you apparently aren't around many of those who can play well.

Yet.

Archived