Mirage better than thief for roaming ?

Trepidation Lost.3469

So as someone who is enjoying mirage power with elusive mind, how many of you thief players believe mirage with elusive mind is op?Having roamed in wvw as main content since day 1 it's always been my belief that for roaming thief is the strongest and still is, when you get good on thief you can win every 1v1 easily, and if you fk up you can easily invis port out of combat then return.yet now power mes is insta killing from invis with shatters or failing then porting out of combat to retry ( a thief method) peopel complain yet I've been getting hit by thiefs from invis for 16k frequently since release.How many of you have tried mirage who main roaming thief can say it's easier or better ? Because I really don't think it is, despite all the tears I've seen about elusive mind.

Maybe you are just a cut above the rest on thief, but as a 6 year veteran finding bronze newbies competitive, the reason should be obvious. Mirage is op to thief. If the player is bronze (wvw rank) and proud with how naturally skilled he or she is, then it is probably build carry. Personally as a thief player, I avoid mirage. It is not because I am new, and not that I can't beat button smashers. It's because I know that the mirage has invuln, invis, 2 auto seeking high dps attacks (2 backstabs that regenerate super fast), clones that can hit for 5k, energy regen block, insta restacking confusion (after cleanse), dodge cleanse, and the ability to run and reset. Mirage can wear down thief with their auto attack only. I boycott giving mediocre players the satisfaction of having bought pof and are god level because their build is right, and not because they learned how to read player movements.

@ToPNoP.2493 said:Maybe you are just a cut above the rest on thief, but as a 6 year veteran finding bronze newbies competitive, the reason should be obvious. Mirage is op to thief. If the player is bronze (wvw rank) and proud with how naturally skilled he or she is, then it is probably build carry. Personally as a thief player, I avoid mirage. It is not because I am new, and not that I can't beat button smashers. It's because I know that the mirage has invuln, invis, 2 auto seeking high dps attacks (2 backstabs that regenerate super fast), clones that can hit for 5k, energy regen block, insta restacking confusion (after cleanse), dodge cleanse, and the ability to run and reset. Mirage can wear down thief with their auto attack only. I boycott giving mediocre players the satisfaction of having bought pof and are god level because their build is right, and not because they learned how to read player movements.

Bronze wvw rank doesnt always mean inexperienced. It can also mean a pvp player who plays mainly pvp. in which case you can prepare to get your ass handed to you. A pvp player will naturally be better in a fight than your average wvw guy.

@Evalia.7103 said:

@ToPNoP.2493 said:Maybe you are just a cut above the rest on thief, but as a 6 year veteran finding bronze newbies competitive, the reason should be obvious. Mirage is op to thief. If the player is bronze (wvw rank) and proud with how naturally skilled he or she is, then it is probably build carry. Personally as a thief player, I avoid mirage. It is not because I am new, and not that I can't beat button smashers. It's because I know that the mirage has invuln, invis, 2 auto seeking high dps attacks (2 backstabs that regenerate super fast), clones that can hit for 5k, energy regen block, insta restacking confusion (after cleanse), dodge cleanse, and the ability to run and reset. Mirage can wear down thief with their auto attack only. I boycott giving mediocre players the satisfaction of having bought pof and are god level because their build is right, and not because they learned how to read player movements.

Bronze wvw rank doesnt always mean inexperienced. It can also mean a pvp player who plays mainly pvp. in which case you can prepare to get your kitten handed to you. A pvp player will naturally be better in a fight than your average wvw guy.

I guess everyone on mirage is a pvp player then...

Well in all honesty thief has and probably always will be an unfavorable matchup for power shatter. Mainly do to greater stealth access, utility, and maintainable pressure. Power Mesmer can go in strong but once the mantra is burnt they need to reset. EM is crazy good for mirage, but power mirage itself still has weaknesses EM can't cover and at best just makes it easier to counter pressure.

I mainly just pvp so I can't talk from a perspective of wvw but I'm sure most of the general stuff still applies. Also I "main" both classes although thief is more of my secondary class.

Archived