Specialization collection achievement issue - Items not properly credited in collection log

stone cold.8609

I just noticed that for my Engineer, I did not receive credit in the Fix-R-Upper specialization collection log for the Engineer's cache. I 100% map completed all of the HoT maps, but the Engineer's cache was never properly credited to the log. Has this happened to anyone else? How can I resolve this, since it is blocking progress? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have opened a ticket with CS, and they are reviewing.

A support ticket is the right way to go, once you've confirmed that your engie completed at least one HoT map and your engine opened the cache (it doesn't trigger for the collection until you do).

Near as I can tell from published reports, there's a series of unfortunate events that leads up to this mechanic wigging out, so most people are never going to encounter the issue. In most cases, it has turned out to be someone forgetting to open the cache or mis-remembering which profs had completed what maps.

Thanks for the suggestions Illconceived Was Na. I just checked my account again. I completed all the HoT maps on the Engineer. I don't have the Engineer caches on any of my characters. I don't have credit for the Engineer cache in my collection log. Anyone have any ideas to resolve this that I can try while I'm waiting to hear back from CS support?

@stone cold.8609 said:Update: ANet support was able to resolve this issue for me today. I want to publicly thank the GMs for all their help and for working over the weekend to make sure our gaming goes smoothly!

Glad to hear it. :)If you have time, could you let us know what the solution was? (To better help the next person with a similar issue.)

Certainly! Unfortunately, I still don't know what caused the issue. After sending CS the requested documentation (screen shots of 100% map completion on the Holosmith and the collection log without the Engineer's cache credited), the GM sent me a new Engineer's cache that I opened and my collection log recorded credit for it. So, once again a big thank you to CS for taking care of this for me!

Yesterday, I cleared a HoT map 100% with my engineer, and today I detected that the cache for the PoF Holosmith specialization weapon is unlocked in the specialization collecton. But I definitely never cleared a PoF map - I just entered Domain Vabbi through my guild hall and only unlocked one or two waypoints. And I remember that I definitely got a HoT cache (different color than PoF).

So I assume the assignment of the caches to the 2 specialization weapons is swapped or mismatched between HoT and PoF at least for the engineer specialization weapon(s). A bug.

Archived