So when was the last time you tried to enter a full PoF map?

Genesis.5169

Well?Then Compare that to the last time you tried to enter a full HoT map.Because honestly I really think the player base at large prefers the harder difficulty and the map wide metas.If i don't join DS/AB/TD like 10-15mins before the reset during prime hours i don't get in. During off hours i get a little leeway but after 10-15mins your not getting in.

I have never to this day been denied from entering a PoF map because the map was full, i've been denied for other reasons like bugs during the pof launch but never due to it being a full map anyone else have this if not post anyways i want some other perspectives on this.

@skyhawk.5149 said:Isn't that a good thing then? PoF came after HoT and shifted away from full map metas that required lots of organization toward smaller meta events making it easier to organize and for people to get in.

Your missing the point of the thread, people are getting in on the PoF maps because not many are playing the PoF maps, and no i don't think its a good thing when older content is seeing way more players the newer content, it shows bad design decisions from the Devs, if people are willing to do the older content more. And could i ask have you ever seen a full PoF map before?

I've seen a full PoF map !! It was Vabbi, and it was like 3-4 weeks ago ? For Serpent's Ire.

That said, my most recent experience are deserted metas, almost no LFG (still some for Serpent's Ire) and no full map. As someone said about that Zommoros' event in Vabbi : "You better had done it in the few days after release. There were far more people then, it was easier."

I'm still choking on that "in a few days"... For an event in the last map, involved in a collection that requires do to kill djinns in every maps.

Disposable content for fast runners... What a shame.

@Fluffball.8307 said:HoT maps get full because everyone tries to shove onto the same instance. PoF maps don't get full because the game can just make a bunch of maps for everyone. (Although some bounty trains probably max out the map.)

There might be more people at any given time playing PoF, but they spread out.

Agreed. The 1 organised map for Dragons Stand might fill up 10 minutes before the event, but that's because everyone wants to be on a full, organised map. For PoF you don't need a full map so people are happy to spread out, usually staying in whichever copy the game drops them into.

Which makes it very hard to compare the popularity of the two.

I've heard people saying no one is doing PoF events but that's not been my experience. I'm still working on my griffin and every time I've done an event there's been a group there, and a separate bounty train running on the same map. Last time we actually had to slow down to make sure everyone could tag the boss and a second group was forming when I left. It's just that the events don't need a full map so people just call it out in map chat instead of using LFG.

Let me see...HoT people tend to only want to do Auric Basin, Depths (sometimes. Most times it's never full at all), and Dragon's Stand (only gets full because anyone and everyone just want to go to one instance and refuse to make at the very least 2 or 3 so have everyone play).

Brink is never full.

PoF all 5 maps either people are doing bounty which can get full as I've seen it, people might be in Desolation for certain metas and I've seen it been full before, and Vabbi have the situation as Depths as "Sometimes, but most of the time it's never full at all) which makes it hard to attempt Serpents' Ire.

I've seen full countless times in Istan the very little times I've been there.

I think the issue is you're look for certain and specific things and because you can't find those specific things then "PoF maps are dead topic #9,867,530,911"

@Genesis.5169 said:Well?Then Compare that to the last time you tried to enter a full HoT map.Because honestly I really think the player base at large prefers the harder difficulty and the map wide metas.If i don't join DS/AB/TD like 10-15mins before the reset during prime hours i don't get in. During off hours i get a little leeway but after 10-15mins your not getting in.

I have never to this day been denied from entering a PoF map because the map was full, i've been denied for other reasons like bugs during the pof launch but never due to it being a full map anyone else have this if not post anyways i want some other perspectives on this.

I generally dont enter HoT maps. I do go to PoF maps somewhat frequently.

I prefer more difficulty, more than any open world content, including HoT, provides, but can enjoy open world anyway...but not HoT.

hope pof maps never get full as that is just how the devs made that pack . but yet some are to blind to get it . pof are the toss back to guild wars despite the fact guild wars never had mounts . still never the less that is how the maps are made their . sounds like some one just needs to get used to this fact of the game. myself i do not do hot maps at all unless it is for daily's only . other wise the way i see it hot maps can die any time now .

pof maps are just fine the way they are i love not seen other people their and so do my friends . only time me and my friends even play together at all even is in core game vanilla maps only at best . other wise we are doing our own thing we love solo play open world pve maps far more better than the maps filled with kitten stupid meta lag events :3

It may well be that people are not going to experience the same issues with join in on PoF maps as on Hot ones. HoT map design is based on large meta event cycles. The player base seems to prefer doing these en masse (probably because they're easier due to outnumbering the content).

In PoF, bounty or HC trains are the only reason for larger numbers of players to want to be on the same map. Squad size is lower than map cap, and there is no reason to want multiple squads on the same map. Otherwise, people on PoF maps are largely doing their own thing, maybe alone, maybe in small groups. For that, any map copy will do.

It is just not possible to conclude anything about the player population's preferences based on being unable to get into a map in HoT and not having the same issue in PoF. It could be that there are a dozen copies of a PoF map with 40 people on each. It's also possible that that full HoT map may be the one organized map for that zone, and it's drained the population from the other three copies to get full.

Because HoT has more content. Honestly GW is getting outdated and boring . I havent played in a while and keep trying to come back only to realizethat there jsut isnt anything really fun or left to do. You got your heros all lvl 80 and maxed etc armor and weapons and a bunch of gold. Youve done your metas and champsions etc etc etc. They need a totally new GW games not these mediocre expansions trying to be like WoW

PoF maps look lovely and great, but the repeat value is lacking for me, so my motivation to go there is very limited putside of taking a new character through. It was fanastic first time, but with the abysmal AP rewards, lack of significant meta or World Boss and generally low reward structure compare to HoT and LS3, there just doesn't feel the need for me to visit those maps

Almost every night when I join the bounty train I'm part of, when ever we switch maps usually have to rejoin the commander in what ever map he got into...sometimes the other way around if the map one of us is in has no commander. HoT maps, I never have a problem getting into them, even when the meta is already in progress, perhaps with the exception of DS, but Auric and TD, have not had a problem getting in the last couple of months...when I feel like doing them, prefer PoF maps personally.

@Zaklex.6308 said:Almost every night when I join the bounty train I'm part of, when ever we switch maps usually have to rejoin the commander in what ever map he got into...sometimes the other way around if the map one of us is in has no commander. HoT maps, I never have a problem getting into them, even when the meta is already in progress, perhaps with the exception of DS, but Auric and TD, have not had a problem getting in the last couple of months...when I feel like doing them, prefer PoF maps personally.

Last week I went to Depths for a daily Foraging for Heart of Maguuma daily.Me and a friend decided to go get Flax.While we were there, the meta was going on, so we just decided to join them and got to do 2 of the lanes before it ended as we got to the map and farmed those Flax when they were near the end already.

The only times I've had a map full in HoT for the most part? Is either Dragon's Stand or when doing HP Trains.PoF has some HP trains, but it's not needed. It has Bounty Trains which can get full quickly.

@Genesis.5169 said:Well?Then Compare that to the last time you tried to enter a full HoT map.Because honestly I really think the player base at large prefers the harder difficulty and the map wide metas.If i don't join DS/AB/TD like 10-15mins before the reset during prime hours i don't get in. During off hours i get a little leeway but after 10-15mins your not getting in.

It depends a lot on what you like to do and why. I've been unable to join people in maps for PoF metas & Istani metas, both. And for me, that's happened more often since launch than getting locked out of HoT maps, entirely because I have been more interested in completing PoF/Istani achievements than anything in HoT.

HoT currencies are required for all sorts of stuff and for a lot of people, that means completing the metas. In contrast PoF metas aren't the sole source for much; people can run bounties ad hoc for elegies and there aren't any legendaries dependent on PoF.

Personally, one of the reasons I've avoided HoT maps for 2 years is that I really dislike having to plan my GW2 time around specific events. For me, it makes it feel too much like a job (show up at TD at this time, then swap to AB, then...).

Regardless of how any feels, I haven't ever encountered a full TD map outside the 30 minutes of Chak Gherent every 2 hours, nor full AB outside of Octovine, and so on.

In other words, at worst, all the original post says is that HoT maps are still popular for metas; we don't have any way to measure the popularity of maps outside of metas (nor how many maps are opened).

Given GW2's model that allows L80 to be relevant to any map, the population is going to dilute more as time goes on: more maps, fewer people (due to normal attrition). It's impressive that any maps fill up at all.

Archived