Remove/Modify "Troll-y" NPC's

Ayrilana.1396

As the title says, I'm making a suggestion to remove "troll-y" NPC's. These can be the crafting ones in Rata Sum, the various ones that walk around the bank/MF/TP in LA, and also the player spawned ones from permanent contracts.

The issue is that they disrupt players trying to interact with the intended object and are forced to move around to get it as an option or move around the cursor.

If these cannot be moved/removed, would it be possible to set their order of importance below everything else. In other words, when I press to interact, everything else takes precedence such as interacting with a crafting station over one of those NPC's or with a chest over someone's merchant NPC.

This would be nice. I notice it a lot in DR. Sometimes I don't even realize it and think I'm lagging because an NPC keeps intercepting my interact commands. I'd vote for lesser priority than bank/MF/TP NPCs so that they can still be interacted with elsewhere but removing their interact or adjusting their patrol route would also suffice.

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:What are the crafting NPC's in Rata Sum doing that's trolly? You do need to buy crafting supplies and be able to choose a crafting discipline so removing crafting NPC's isn't a good suggestion.

Be careful what you ask for. ANet might give it to you.

The ones that hang out in the hallways to the stations and come into the room just enough that you can sometimes interact with them instead of the stations. It's not as big of an issue as others but I included them as an example.

Edit: These are the crafting criers.

@Ayrilana.1396 said:

@Just a flesh wound.3589 said:What are the crafting NPC's in Rata Sum doing that's trolly? You do need to buy crafting supplies and be able to choose a crafting discipline so removing crafting NPC's isn't a good suggestion.

The ones that hang out in the hallways to the stations and come into the room just enough that you can sometimes interact with them instead of the stations. It's not as big of an issue as others but I included them as an example.

Edit: These are the crafting criers.

Maybe decrease the interact area around them. I know the ones in the Royal Terrace overlap a bit with the crafting stations, making you position your char to avoid them and get the crafting interact instead.

There's also NPCs like this near the bank in Divinity's Reach. I don't mind that they exist, but because they can be interacted with, they block access to the actual bank NPC while they're there.

Remove those kids in the human home instance, or at least make them spawn with a delay or at another place! Every time I go to gather my nodes in there I have to deal with them!It was cute the first time. Now I actively avoid the bank area because of it. And someone needs to teach that little girl about consent.

@maddoctor.2738 said:Remove those kids in the human home instance, or at least make them spawn with a delay or at another place! Every time I go to gather my nodes in there I have to deal with them!

They are children. I have an axe. The solution is obvious, and it annoys me that ANet won't let me implement it.

I also support this idea. The charr home instance is another bad example of Npc's too close to nodes. There are some around the location of the gem store plant nodes and another couple at the basic gem store ore nodes. That one in the bank in DR is a pain.

I wouldn't mind the npc's so much if they had a purpose. Relay a bit of story, lore, something other than 'hi" or "What do you want?". The way they are currently implemented is just pointless. It's not immersion to see the same nameless npc walk the same path with the same dialog.

Royal Terrace needs the crafting people moved to the edge in front of thier stations. Leatherworker especially. And the troll spawns, bl merch/vendor and other things that can be summoned to block access should be given a large spawn distance away from usable stations/bank/tp. No need for those to even be there. You want to spawn banners/food etc? Put it at the bottom where no vendors reside. And yes, you can click the crafting station to interact but it's annoying when it's blocked by a troll spawn alot of the time. They have to means to block seige deployment in areas, let's use that on summoned vendors/box of not so fun/ toys.

Odd, I've never had this issue, probably because I do one of two things, either I go behind or right next to the NPC I want, or I use my mouse and click on the NPC or crafting station, whichever it might be...then I don't have to worry about the ambient citizens getting in my way.P.S. - Since they don't have collision just walk/run through them, presto, no longer in the way.

I believe it would be quite an endeavor to fix all the roaming ambient NPCs into not getting near a target (NPC, node, or other objects). I do understand the OP's sentiment, though, as I have had many moments of silently cursing them myself whenever I would target something but instead it would interact with a nearby roaming ambient NPC.

@Rauderi.8706 said:There's also NPCs like this near the bank in Divinity's Reach. I don't mind that they exist, but because they can be interacted with, they block access to the actual bank NPC while they're there.

Remove those kids in the human home instance, or at least make them spawn with a delay or at another place! Every time I go to gather my nodes in there I have to deal with them!It was cute the first time. Now I actively avoid the bank area because of it. And someone needs to teach that little girl about consent.

I'm not talking about the kids near the bank as you cannot interact with those, they just talk.

I'm talking about the two kids spawning near the orphanage inside the human home instance, they spawn exactly when you move towards the nodes outside the orphanage and their "interact" option has priority over gathering the nodes which is really annoying.

Because I almost always do my gathering in DR, I remember some time ago Anet patched those kids to not have an interact prompt, then a few patches later they changed them back for no reason (and no notification).

Archived