Why are Guild Hall bonuses and Arena still only locked behind HoT

starhunter.6015

So one would think that the basic interactions in the guild hall would be accessible with just PoF. We know when HoT came out any one who had bought core game lost access to guild bonuses unless they had the Xpac. A move to push players to buy HoT. So now with PoF and many new players only having bought PoF. They can't use the guild PvP arena, can't use any of the bonuses.
One would think that PoF would least give players some of the same access to things in the Guild hall like HoT.

Which bonuses are ones that were previously included with core that are not available with the new guild set up? The reduced waypoint cost and stuff are all passive for which guild you rep so you should get them even without HoT. The only ones I can think of that you can't get without HoT are the bonuses you buy, were those a thing before HoT?

@Ayakaru.6583 said:

@"Haleydawn.3764" said:Simple, the Guild Hall is Heart of Thorns content. It requires interacting with NPCs that are part of HoT.Every wiki page for the Guild Hall confirms this.

I don’t see a problem with allowing PoF only players access though.

Dont non-HoT players have a mini GH in lions arch?

Guild Initiative. Not really a Guild hall, it places standard Guild NPCs together, like Commendation and basic Guild armour/weapon merchants. That’s it. Some of These NPCs are limited depending on if the account has HoT.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Initiative_Headquarters#NPCs

The Wiki is a great tool.

@Haleydawn.3764 said:

@Haleydawn.3764 said:Simple, the Guild Hall is Heart of Thorns content. It requires interacting with NPCs that are part of HoT.Every wiki page for the Guild Hall confirms this.

I don’t see a problem with allowing PoF only players access though.

Dont non-HoT players have a mini GH in lions arch?

Guild Initiative. Not really a Guild hall, it places standard Guild NPCs together, like Commendation and basic Guild armour/weapon merchants. That’s it. Some of These NPCs are limited depending on if the account has HoT.

The Wiki is a great tool.

ah, there's no tavern proprieter there, I see. Then i've said nothing

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Which bonuses are ones that were previously included with core that are not available with the new guild set up? The reduced waypoint cost and stuff are all passive for which guild you rep so you should get them even without HoT. The only ones I can think of that you can't get without HoT are the bonuses you buy, were those a thing before HoT?

Everything WvW related got taken away from core and forced behind HoT to boost their sales, like the ability to claim and buff keeps, towers and camps. Small and WvW only guilds and players were screwed hard. It pretty much killed WvW after HoT launch.

@Nimrod.9240 said:

@Mewcifer.5198 said:Which bonuses are ones that were previously included with core that are not available with the new guild set up? The reduced waypoint cost and stuff are all passive for which guild you rep so you should get them even without HoT. The only ones I can think of that you can't get without HoT are the bonuses you buy, were those a thing before HoT?

Everything WvW related got taken away from core and forced behind HoT to boost their sales, like the ability to claim and buff keeps, towers and camps. Small and WvW only guilds and players were screwed hard. It pretty much killed WvW after HoT launch.

Yeah, i'm still not a fan of that crap. I mean we lost the ability to do stuff we could do before, and they make the choice of making the game F2P and then prevent Guilds from making the experience more enjoyable for those players so they stick around... Smart move altogether 10/10...I can't begin to count how many times i've had people that were playing F2P, enjoying the game, but then got bummed out because they could duel in the arena, or get the exp boost from the tavern.

I'm also still waiting for a effin' Black lion representative and a proper bank NPC in the guild hall... Especially for scribes, i had to burn through most of my Black lion delivery Agent express items because the scribing bench is ONLY inside the guild hall, but there's no BL Agent inside. At the very least they should have a scribing bench in LA. I'ts already the most expensive craft to level up, do they really need to add insult to injury?

I hardly think these are things people would quit playing the game over not having access to. Anyone who is going to be bummed out over a small bonus to the point that they stop playing a game entirely (a game that they are not paying for even) is not someone I would worry too much about.

I do feel that a bank and/or black lion merchant should be available in the guild hall. But I guess they want a reason to keep making people go back to major cities.

@Nimrod.9240 said:

Some ppl wouldnt know what ''killed'' HoT WvWvW when they where bickering about the price of the x-pack on the forums :P:PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

The ability to claim the objectives , was a mechanics to stop the ''trolls'' from ordering ' useless upgrades to the keeps-towers(should a resonable person would try to unlock ''Reinforced Walls'' orrrrr ''Guards have more Hp + Damage'' for the next 20-30 min (giving the time for the oponet team to comeand retake) ?

The only thing that they removed from Core was the ability to make Banners ....especilly gold + Karma Banners ... in an inc F2P version

Because ArenaNet doesnt have a guild team since who knows when. PoF at least presumably didnt really have a guild team.

And ArenaNet is only moving forward like they like to proclaim, I guess, which means leaving certain things in the past. And they want to focus on content mostly because thats what people play.

But theyre being so religious with these statements, that imo, it feels like they stopped development of existing systems completely and just keep building on a foundation that more oftenly gets pointed out was always a work in progress. (Ie. comment like "this game never gotten out of beta")

This image, regardless of truth on the inside, seems to not be limited to just GHs and guilds, but also the mastery system, the economy of certain materials, the underwater skillset, problems with adjusting jumping puzzles and maps to new movements, megaservers, PvP, WvW.. etc.

While I definitely don't mind the focus on content, and just more quantity, it feels to me also that quality of that content is affected by the wobbly in places- foundation, and sometimes not completely using certain tools and selling points completely to their advantage like the event system can work great eventchains and metas but in PoF theyre not of as high quality.

In a general speaking way anyway. They do seem to take on new gadgets and new techs on board fairly well... even if they sometimes feel not much more than a new funny thing the devs have in their toolbelt with no huge impact otherwise.

It makes me wonder if they have any teams not focussed on content at all. And instead maybe could have a focus on glueing the old content and new content together where needed or fixing outstanding issues with older content. though I suppose thats so broad I doubt thats even possible for one team. Or would maybe just be a distraction for existing teams.

Hard to say, really. I definitely wouldnt mind some consistent fixes or patches to some issues people keep pointing out.

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Some ppl wouldnt know what ''killed'' HoT WvWvW when they where bickering about the price of the x-pack on the forums :P:PPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

The ability to claim the objectives , was a mechanics to stop the ''trolls'' from ordering ' useless upgrades to the keeps-towers(should a resonable person would try to unlock ''Reinforced Walls'' orrrrr ''Guards have more Hp + Damage'' for the next 20-30 min (giving the time for the oponet team to comeand retake) ?

The only thing that they removed from Core was the ability to make Banners ....especilly gold + Karma Banners ... in an inc F2P version

You can still buy banners with Favor.

Archived