balanced gear stats for WvW?

jihm.2315

hi since i quit spvp i decided to play some wvw im currently a soulbeast with shortbow and dagger/warhorn and i want to know what are some balanced gear stats because im currently full viper because pve demands it and the fights are extremely boring when i roam,i either demolish people in seconds or they demolish me i want to know if theres anything more interesting for my taste i want to still kill but not by deleting other players, i was thinking about celestial or is there something else close to that that it wont make me die from boredom ?

Condi soulbeast is kinda weak, your better off either going power or Condi druid with trail and apocothary stats. The problem with Condi ranger is you loose range, CC, stunbreaks and defense in order to do do dps. Condi druid at least gives you cleanse, roots, and defensive skills and is super trolly.

Just grab Power Soulbeast, Zerker+Marauder with LB and GS or Sw/A

Condi Ranger's issue is the ramp up time, coupled with the fact that it has no real boonrip/corrupt unlike other condi classes like Mesmer or Necro, while also lacking the survivability of a condi thief and the burst of old Burn Guard.

@Eleazar.9478 said:Condi soulbeast is kinda weak, your better off either going power or Condi druid with trail and apocothary stats. The problem with Condi ranger is you loose range, CC, stunbreaks and defense in order to do do dps. Condi druid at least gives you cleanse, roots, and defensive skills and is super trolly.

I've seen a lot more of them around since the condi change though. No idea why.

@Choppy.4183 said:

@Eleazar.9478 said:Condi soulbeast is kinda weak, your better off either going power or Condi druid with trail and apocothary stats. The problem with Condi ranger is you loose range, CC, stunbreaks and defense in order to do do dps. Condi druid at least gives you cleanse, roots, and defensive skills and is super trolly.

Depending on the weapon set, it can provide a lot of different condis. Played well, with the correct weapon set, it can be effective.

But yeah, wouldn't be my first choice..

i dont like druid i had some good wins with soulbeast but the enemy dies before i press most of the spells or i die anyway i decided to expirament with trinkets first its too expensive to craft a whole new set

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

@"Eleazar.9478" said:Condi soulbeast is kinda weak, your better off either going power or Condi druid with trail and apocothary stats. The problem with Condi ranger is you loose range, CC, stunbreaks and defense in order to do do dps. Condi druid at least gives you cleanse, roots, and defensive skills and is super trolly.

Depending on the weapon set, it can provide a lot of different condis. Played well, with the correct weapon set, it can be effective.

But yeah, wouldn't be my first choice..Yeah... the trapper ranger was once ok among the condis. Then deathly chill reapers made all other condi classes obsolete. Luckily and to everyones relief, they nerfed that right after scourge made deathly chill and all other condi classes obsolete. "Effective" is really a matter of perspective.

Playing as a power mirage with reflect (and ample condi cleanse) that can literally delete rangers without them doing damage, I can say that condi rangers is near zero threat - the glassier they build, the quicker their death. Power sustain builds on the other hand are where they become dangerous. Druids because of their healing (obviously) but I've seen some really tough soulbeasts as well. Most seem to build for pet damage. I had a really amusing random encounterwith one not long ago. I brought him down with minimal damage... and when I finished stomping him, his pet had knocked me down to like 40% hp.

TL;DR build whatever, I am only offering an opposing view.

@Dawdler.8521 said:

@"Eleazar.9478" said:Condi soulbeast is kinda weak, your better off either going power or Condi druid with trail and apocothary stats. The problem with Condi ranger is you loose range, CC, stunbreaks and defense in order to do do dps. Condi druid at least gives you cleanse, roots, and defensive skills and is super trolly.

But yeah, wouldn't be my first choice..Yeah... the trapper ranger was once ok among the condis. Then deathly chill reapers made all other condi classes obsolete. Luckily and to everyones relief, they nerfed that right after scourge made deathly chill and all other condi classes obsolete. "Effective" is really a matter of perspective.

Playing as a power mirage with reflect (and ample condi cleanse) that can literally delete rangers without them doing damage, I can say that condi rangers is near zero threat - the glassier they build, the quicker their death. Power sustain builds on the other hand are where they become dangerous. Druids because of their healing (obviously) but I've seen some really tough soulbeasts as well. Most seem to build for pet damage. I had a really amusing random encounterwith one not long ago. I brought him down with minimal damage... and when I finished stomping him, his pet had knocked me down to like 40% hp.

Agreed Dawdler. Condi mirage is kind of a beast right now. The confusion stacking one.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

Agreed Dawdler. Condi mirage is kind of a beast right now. The confusion stacking one.

Not quite sure what you are agreeing on as I never mentioned condi mirage, lol. Condi mirage is about as weak as a condi ranger vs a power mirage (too little condi to hide their confusions, not even a third the threat of a cancer scourge). Skill is always a major factor of course, but if we assume pretty much equal grounds.

Archived