Make one super duper kickbooty banner!?

Joxer.6024

Just as the title suggests.... ANET, why not make one uber banner that combined the discipline and strength banners??!! We are asked to have both anyways and this way it would free up a slot and give us a few more options to help with our dps?? And while we are at it, maybe show some love to power War? I know QT has made a Spellbreaker for raids and I for one will be giving it a go, at least on the Bosses suggested. But with other condi classes (Renegade, Mirage) really being able to step up and own the condi slots give War some love back in the power department?Not every Boss is keen to condi, as you well know, you made them, and this way it just gives options for the class. That equates to being fun to play and thus having more people play them, which is a WIN for ANET.Also, your Devs follow Metabattle for builds? WHAT? Have they seen how outdated the builds are there (or were)? Please either find another source or better yet use their own playstyles and play time as a guide? Ya know, actually PLAY the class that you are tweaking?Ok, it was a dream of a thought I know as I really doubt we would ever see one banner replace two, making sense is just silly right?! Cheers! ;) And Happy Holidays to you all!!!!

(Oh, and before I get flamed....I know we have Battle Standard but that bloody thing has a CD that's like 4 years and it doesn't last very long.)

@Knox.8962 said:Why not just give everyone 170 to all stats for free all the time, and then you free up both slots for more utilities? We should make sun/frost and stone spirits passive all the time too. Druids hate using those things over the glyphs anyways.

Good point! I'm with ya on it! Just give everyone the buffs and that why we all can pew pew!!

Compared to how it worked in GW1, adrenaline is a joke mechanic with no depth to it; burst skills feel like afterthoughts. Banners should have been the warrior core mechanic. Re-work the weapon bars for banners and let warriors take two at a time as F1-F2. Press F1/F2 to equip a banner ala an Engineer kit, and the 5 skill could plant them into the ground.

This will never happen.

Make Banners working like facets of the herald.The difference is that war has no energy as resource (at least one good thing :-P).Maybe let the boosting passive work for ~20 seconds before it goes on cooldown.But in this time you can use an active banner skill.

Oh, and then we can introduce an Banner of Healing with "Mending" as active skill :-)

Archived