FULL WEAVER GUIDE | WvW-PvP-PvE | Sword + Staff | Basic + Advanced

Lasiurus.4067

Table of Contents.———————About Weaver 1:15Staff/Sword Analysis 4:00———————About Sword 5:30Sword Build (WvW-PvP) 6:35Sword Skill Review 13:45Sword Combo/Rotations 21:45———————About Staff 27:30Staff Build (WvW-PvE) 28:10Staff Skill Review 32:35Staff Combo/Rotations 38:35———————Advanced Fight Tactics/Tips 40:30

I explain Weaver mechanism, Build, Gear, Rotations, Combos, Advanced tactics fight, for Sword/Dagger Weaver (WvW-PvP) & Staff Weaver (WvW-PvE)It’s both for beginners & for more advanced players looking for Fight Tricks at the end of the video.I worked for 1 month on this 47 min Video.

Enjoy, feel free to ask any question, & Merry Christmas !

Thanks for the guide, a lot for me to digest :).

I'm a casual-ish returning player who primarily solo's world content and occasionally does fractals. I'd also be interested in SPVP and possibly WvW once I get a bit better at the class.

I find the staff very clunky solo in PvE, so really only use it for Fractals, or occasionally for world bosses. But I really like the sword / dagger combo, which is what I spend most of my time using.

I've got ascended weapons and I've got a stockpile of ascended mats for armour. I really like the idea of a hybrid dps build, and the use of Marshal's in your builds fits the ticket. However, I'm worried for T4 fractals (when I eventually get there) or if I was to ever raid, that I'll be investing in gear that is considered sub-optimal for those encounters.

Would you recommend I just get exotic Marshal's and spend the ascended mats on Berserker armour for the meta staff weaver PvE build? Or could I get away with using Marshal's and sword / dagger in T4 fractals?

I thing you're right. I will split in in 3 part : Sword, Staff, & Advanced Tips. Will upload later.Anyway I'm glad you like it, was a lot of work !

@TotalScrub.8079Welcome back ! Zerk Staff will be always better for fractal & PvE, but if you want to keep going on Sword/Dagger i'd recommand you to use Grievers Stats on PvE : Power/Condition Damage/Precision/Ferocity

• 2 weeks later...

@Aedaryl.3195 said:

@Lasiurus.4067 said:Coming in about one month : a Scepter/Focus Fresh Air Guide for Weaver, in PvP & WvW !

I'm so happy you are pay attention to Fresh Air, it's so fun to play, but defensives and offensives combos are needed, cuz glass canon is unforgivable !

Can't wait !

NB: Ce sera en Français ou en Anglais ?

I will try both :)

God...ele gameplay remains the same after 6 years....pack as much healing power as you can...proceed to "aoe sneeze" at your target for mins ( or maybe forever ?! )...how can people find this enjoyable...it's behind my ability to understand....I have nothing against players but I can't stand this shit anymore, I had enough of this heal goofball in 2014....my opinion won't change anytime soon

@"Arheundel.6451" said:God...ele gameplay remains the same after 6 years....pack as much healing power as you can...proceed to "aoe sneeze" at your target for mins ( or maybe forever ?! )...how can people find this enjoyable...it's behind my ability to understand....I have nothing against players but I can't stand this kitten anymore, I had enough of this heal goofball in 2014....my opinion won't change anytime soon

Some people enjoy prolonged fights.I've played the bruiser ele for a long time, and still enjoy the gameplay where I can outsustain my oponents and try to skew the fight for my bursts. Like make the opponent waste his CD while I build my might stacks and prepare for a churning earth or fire grab combo... or having to adapt mid fight to a more defensive rotation to avoid being downed by the opponent... knowing how to adapt to condi heavy opponents or dmg heavy oponents...

I've played burst thieves and mesmers before, the "one-shot" builds can be funny but I feel it gets old to me really quick.

@"Arheundel.6451" said:God...ele gameplay remains the same after 6 years....pack as much healing power as you can...proceed to "aoe sneeze" at your target for mins ( or maybe forever ?! )...how can people find this enjoyable...it's behind my ability to understand....I have nothing against players but I can't stand this kitten anymore, I had enough of this heal goofball in 2014....my opinion won't change anytime soon

It's because without healing power, ele will melt real fast before it can do any damage unless you're in a team in pve and using staff. Stacking healing is exponentially more powerful than stacking any sort of damage and it's basically a necessity for survival against any good player/boss or whatever. There are some spike builds that work, like the insta kill weaver build, but it's not a justifiable damage build outside of ganking. Our damage coefficients just aren't strong enough. On top of that, ele needs to bring the water trait line anyway in order to stay alive, and because you are already invested so heavily into one trait for basically every build you might as well build healing in order to compliment that.

Great video. Of course skill explanation at the beginning is not for us that have over 1k PvP ele matches but the guide is great to explain weaver. Propably the best that is available now.I am a fan of versile builds but can´t stand the ele water dependency and want to do strong sustained dps with some surprising jokers. I am a fan of using earth traitline and enjoy fire and arcane. No healbot and no fresh air which propably is strange or some might say stupid for an ele main ...What i enjoy is marshall and viper stats on ele. Durability rune for shure.

Fantastic guide, absolutely fantastic. I actually logged in and made a post just for this, I don't even think I have ever posted here before in the years I have played. Fantastic guide.

Do you have any plans for any other guides such as one for the tempest?

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking forward to hearing your post Feb. 6 update changes to your ele build! Especially with the riptide nerf. Your guide got me into pvp (with decent success). I've been looking at lots of profession guides on YouTube and I've gotta say, you have the most thorough and best explained guide out there. Thank you for that!

@"Lasiurus.4067" said:

Table of Contents.———————About Weaver 1:15Staff/Sword Analysis 4:00———————About Sword 5:30Sword Build (WvW-PvP) 6:35Sword Skill Review 13:45Sword Combo/Rotations 21:45———————About Staff 27:30Staff Build (WvW-PvE) 28:10Staff Skill Review 32:35Staff Combo/Rotations 38:35———————Advanced Fight Tactics/Tips 40:30

I explain Weaver mechanism, Build, Gear, Rotations, Combos, Advanced tactics fight, for Sword/Dagger Weaver (WvW-PvP) & Staff Weaver (WvW-PvE)It’s both for beginners & for more advanced players looking for Fight Tricks at the end of the video.I worked for 1 month on this 47 min Video.

Enjoy, feel free to ask any question, & Merry Christmas !

Thank you! This is very helpful as a new person to GW2! I have such gratitude for people who are willing to work so much to help others!

@Zera.8907 said:Just watched this in its entirety. I'm coming back to the game from a long break and this has been SO very informative. Thank you a thousand times for taking the time to do this. I subbed to your channel as well. You rock man, keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for your kind word, & welcome back to GW2 :D .

About the balance patch : no change at all to the build :

• The nerf is only the Water 2 Sword Heal : its a moderate nerf but only to the heal, no change to water field/evade, which were the most important here
  • The buff are massive to DPS : insane +50% DPS on few dual skill #3 on Sword.
  • Overall : Its a small buff of weaver. No change at build. :)

@Lasiurus.4067 said:

@Zera.8907 said:Just watched this in its entirety. I'm coming back to the game from a long break and this has been SO very informative. Thank you a thousand times for taking the time to do this. I subbed to your channel as well. You rock man, keep up the good work.

Thanks a lot for your kind word, & welcome back to GW2 :D .

About the balance patch : no change at all to the build :
  • The nerf is only the Water 2 Sword Heal : its a moderate nerf but only to the heal, no change to water field/evade, which were the most important here
  • The buff are massive to DPS : insane +50% DPS on few dual skill #3 on Sword.
  • Overall : Its a small buff of weaver. No change at build. :)

Has the build changed for WvW because of the nerf to Riptide's healing? I noticed you're running Invigorating Strikes in your latest WvW vid, so I wondered if that's a permanent change for the WvW build or if it was just something you were testing for that fight.

Archived