The Ring Problem and How to Solve it

Rikimaru.7890

Now I know people are unhappy about this and desire a solution to the problem, but the thing is maybe it doesn't have to be solved. You will understand what I mean in a moment, but first I will point out the wierd parts about this collection.

1) The unlock method does not work well with the collection.What I mean is the collection CAN be unlocked by killing ANY Raid boss, but the collection items can ONLY be found in the new wing - you see the contradiction here?I mean if the collection items are in new wing then shouldn't you have to kill a boss from the new wing to unlock it too? Even more so if any Raid boss works then why not just have the collection unlocked already for those that had kills in the past?

2) The collectibles from the new wing have no hintsYes I'm talking about Transcendental Binding, Transcendental Ink and Transcendental Parchment, they have no hints in their description on where to find them. Notice that many collectibles have hints on where to acquire them including those for Legendary Gear. But these 3 don't, which means they may as well drop anywhere and not just in the Hall of Chains.This is what I ment when I said the problem may not need a solution as there may be alternate methods to acquire them in the future, like next LW episode. Perhaps ANET is just messing with us and/or is trying to encourage us to play the new Raid wing for now. It's also worth noting that the rest of the collection has nothing to do with the Hall of Chains but with PoF maps, making it even more strange that the first part is.

Solution: Give the collectibles alternate drop locationsDuh, since their description does not even include hints it does not ruin anything. But where could they drop you ask? Well I have an idea.Transcendental Binding, Transcendental Ink and Transcendental Parchment could also drop from PoF Adventure reward chests. Ok let's be honest the PoF adventures are useless unlike HoT, as the only reason to do them is for the achievement, HoT however gave Mastery Points for getting Silver and Gold the first time. So it could be made that getting Gold has 100% chance to give the collectible, while Silver say 25%. So even if you can't get Gold you can still evetually get it by doing the Adventures once a day for Silver.We also have exactly 3 (well 2 actually) types of adventures in PoF so each could give 1 of the items, like the "Delivery" would give Transcendental Ink, "Griffon Expert" Transcendental Parchment and "Griffon Master" Transcendental Binding.It would give the PoF adventures a real purpose, as for now they have none and it seems there will be more of them in the future as we got them also in Episode 1.

Considering arenanet changed how availability of the ring collection drops work (now requiring actual bosses be killed to be able to loot the collection item) I think it's quite clear what their aim with this ring is: have people complete Wing 5.

@Rikimaru.7890 said:2) The collectibles from the new wing have no hintsYes I'm talking about Transcendental Binding, Transcendental Ink and Transcendental Parchment, they have no hints in their description on where to find them. Notice that many collectibles have hints on where to acquire them including those for Legendary Gear. But these 3 don't, which means they may as well drop anywhere and not just in the Hall of Chains.

Nope, the effort put in to assure only legitimate players with boss kills are able to loot the collection items strike this theory.

To the question if this should be changed, that's a different issue. As far as design and intent though, this is working as intended currently.

@Cyninja.2954 said:Considering arenanet changed how availability of the ring collection drops work (now requiring actual bosses be killed to be able to loot the collection item) I think it's quite clear what their aim with this ring is: have people complete Wing 5.

2) The collectibles from the new wing have no hints
Yes I'm talking about Transcendental Binding, Transcendental Ink and Transcendental Parchment, they have no hints in their description on where to find them.
Notice that many collectibles have hints on where to acquire them including those for Legendary Gear.
But these 3 don't, which means they may as well drop anywhere and not just in the Hall of Chains.

Nope, the effort put in to assure only legitimate players with boss kills are able to loot the collection items strike this theory.Unless something has changed, if you clear the instance without closing it, can't you just keep it open and let everyone loot the chests?

@Xcorpdog.2840 said:

@Cyninja.2954 said:Considering arenanet changed how availability of the ring collection drops work (now requiring actual bosses be killed to be able to loot the collection item) I think it's quite clear what their aim with this ring is: have people complete Wing 5.

Yes I'm talking about Transcendental Binding, Transcendental Ink and Transcendental Parchment, they have no hints in their description on where to find them.
Notice that many collectibles have hints on where to acquire them including those for Legendary Gear.
But these 3 don't, which means they may as well drop anywhere and not just in the Hall of Chains.

Nope, the effort put in to assure only legitimate players with boss kills are able to loot the collection items strike this theory.Unless something has changed, if you clear the instance without closing it, can't you just keep it open and let everyone loot the chests?

Everything but the last chest it seems so you can get all but 1 item for the collection.

@Xcorpdog.2840 said:

They specifically changend the last chest to not give the item unless you have a kill credit.

@Xcorpdog.2840 said:

Not anymore.

• 2 weeks later...

its highly possible that pvp and wvw will never get a legendary trinkets, they might only attach it to pve and keep it only as rewards for raiding. The real question will be answered in wing 7 or 8 on whether there will be a legendary item attached to it or not.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Personally I like the ring as a raid item. And hope each wing will provide a different ring, trinket or amulet. I don't see a problem with that at all. You know they will have these in both pvp and wvw eventually. Each with their own unique look.

They did not give legendary armor with their own unique look to PvP and WvW (you can merely stat swap the ascended armor skins that were available long before), so there is no reason to believe legendary trinkets will get anything unique outside of PvE too. Kitten, just look at the newly released obsidian weapons and see how much they want to bring new skins to PvP.

@Magnus Godrik.5841 said:Personally I like the ring as a raid item. And hope each wing will provide a different ring, trinket or amulet. I don't see a problem with that at all. You know they will have these in both pvp and wvw eventually. Each with their own unique look.

Pvp and Wvw can stay swap their trinkets already, they have Mist capacitors.

Archived