Power reaper

sokeenoppa.5384

Try this!http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQFARn0ICN2glbCubC0biFcBTqH01CbxXxtYYE6qFAWAA-jxBEABRp87gLAQjq/UoSw83fIOdAA8AAAA-e

Crazy damage, toughness and moderate healing. You never die and kill everything with ease. Plus they can't get away from you :) It's a literal "Dark Knight" tank build. I love it!

Also, you can swap out Soul Eater for Chilling Victory if u want to use other weapon than GS. Plus it'll proc Blighter's Boon more often :) And if you REALLY wanna be invincible, replace Sigil of Ice with Sigil of Restoration. Every death recharges you >:)

@"Umadusa.5874" said:Try this!http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQFARn0ICN2glbCubC0biFcBTqH01CbxXxtYYE6qFAWAA-jxBEABRp87gLAQjq/UoSw83fIOdAA8AAAA-e

Crazy damage, toughness and moderate healing. You never die and kill everything with ease. Plus they can't get away from you :) It's a literal "Dark Knight" tank build. I love it!

Also, you can swap out Soul Eater for Chilling Victory if u want to use other weapon than GS. Plus it'll proc Blighter's Boon more often :) And if you REALLY wanna be invincible, replace Sigil of Ice with Sigil of Restoration. Every death recharges you >:)

Only in wvw. As for sigil of ice, hydromancy is better.

@FrostDraco.8306 said:

@"Umadusa.5874" said:Try this!

I rarely swap weapons, so it's not. Depends on your playstyle.

@"Anchoku.8142" said:Not a Reaper but would this be any good as a power build?http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBIhdG1JNiQtNYnNgjNAHO4AXoodRc8Fyeor3XYbGALAA-jZxHQBGrMAF2fghHEgFeCAAwTAAA

Depends, if you are NA where anything is viable then y or lower ranks. Otherwise ....... Kill it with fire! :)

If you dont have any exp. i would suggest something like this for sidepoints play and 1v1:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBmODbkjG6rxaawnGYvxBuQBbzA4AmjdTUFxtOf/AA-jpRHQBA4IAEuHAADPIAcY/B7VGAgXAAA(If no war, or maybe also mirrage you can swap wurm for spectral grasp/well of darkness)

@Umadusa.5874 said:

@Umadusa.5874 said:Try this!

Actually it is. This proves you dont understand everything about necro. Because its well known that hydromancy procs when you swap in, and out, of shroud. So changing weapons is irrelavent.

It's not about play style, its about chill uptime. I wish people would stop making vapid comments like this when not all things are equal.

One sigil is vastly superior to the other. Also, hydromancy has an actual attack that does damage when it procs, has a chance to crit, and benefits from things such as vampiric aura, cold shoulder, chilling victory, wolf stance from soulbeast etc.

So are you gonna start telling me you dont swap into or out of shroud now?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Sigil_of_Hydromancy

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Superior_Sigil_of_Ice

2 secs every 10 sec, vs 2 second every 9 second+extra hit+damage. One is clearly better than the other. Even sigil of chilling is better uptime than sigil of ice.

So many liability builds in this htread... it's horrible. The builds I will list now are viable in EU Platinum.

1) A beginners build focused around A LOT of self sustain, but has only mediocre impact in fights. It also struggles in fighting bunkers and lacks ranged pressue, but allows multiple misplays or mispositionings untill you die. It still has some decent boon corrupt- and condi cleanse support.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNBHhF6kjGozGsnGw2GgeTsgLYUdh2wzK+K2FDjQXtAwBA-jJROABaXGAg9Hc/UAo+TAAA

2) A more advanced build (I run this) with tons of boon corrupts and insane burst. You die super fast if caught out of position. It hardcounters healing firebrands and condi scourges and in general is able to deal with any class in a 1v1 if you are skilled enough. Team support is great as you provide AOE weakness, AOE boon corrupts and AOE condi cleanse.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQNAndRnc0Ad2g90AG3A0biFcBL+K2FDjQXtAwBIarlv+AA-jJBXABH/EAAY/BNLDs8pAAA

@KrHome.1920 said:So many liability builds in this htread... it's horrible.

Could you elaborate? Like, what trait or whatever specifically you think makes those builds a liability.

The builds I will list now are viable in EU Platinum.

Ok, so those two builds are platinum. How would you rate the other builds on this thread?

@flow.6043 said:

@KrHome.1920 said:So many liability builds in this htread... it's horrible.

Could you elaborate? Like, what trait or whatever specifically you think makes those builds a liability.

The builds I will list now are viable in EU Platinum.

Ok, so those two builds are platinum. How would you rate the other builds on this thread?

Blood Magic and Death Magic are useless on Power Reaper (I was referring to these builds). Every build using these traitlines is not competitive.

I don't know how people are playing below Gold as I usually am rated in Gold or Plat after the placement matches and stay there for the rest of the season, but I think these builds could work up to Silver. Above that they are just useless...

edit: Btw.: Staff + Axe/X combo has always been trash in Solo Q. This weapon combo only makes sense in certain team comps like we 've seen them in tournaments. In 2015 Dagger/Warhorn+Axe/Focus was the way to go on Power Reaper but now (GS + Shroud buffs) is outclassed by Axe/X + GS.

@"Crinn.7864" said:Blood Magic is useful on reaper ever since they buffed the protection duration on the wells trait to 5 seconds. It allows you to not be so dependent on Shroud for your defense, which is something very important ever since they moved us to 5% degen. Plus Ritual of Life is super clutch.

but do u think u benefit from protection? since pof and a lot more boon corruputs i dont feel the protection anymore. i used to run spectral armor...

@Crinn.7864 said:Blood Magic is useful on reaper ever since they buffed the protection duration on the wells trait to 5 seconds.

Really? You think +2 sec protection made the difference between Blood Magic being useful and not useful?

Imo Blood Magic has been the single greatest defensive specialization since vamp traits were made to work through Shroud, so basically ever since there were specializations (June 2015).

@KrHome.1920 said:Blood Magic and Death Magic are useless on Power Reaper (I was referring to these builds). Every build using these traitlines is not competitive....up to Silver. Above that they are just useless......Staff + Axe/X combo has always been trash in Solo Q.

Death Magic, yes, useless.Blood Magic, if you're not using it you're missing out.

What if I told you that Emapudapus has been legendary throughout the entire current PvP season with the build he posted above?And he's only one of the necros I know of who run Blood Magic in that mmr bracket.

In 2015 Dagger/Warhorn+Axe/Focus was the way to go on Power Reaper but now (GS + Shroud buffs) is outclassed by Axe/X + GS.

D/w + a/f was never the way to go on any build ever. And greatsword was only ever popular after it was buffed about 100 times. And yet, staff is still better, always has been, regardless of build.

I can kind of vouch for Ema's staff wells build.2 Seasons ago, EU's then Top 3rd ranked player was kind enough to share his build with me and it was very similar to Ema's.

Being a total PvP noob myself, never really played in any Seasons before that, I managed to get into plat 2 at my highest and ended season a few points off Top 250 in NA using a variation of his build.

It gives pretty decent sustain and counter pressure then. How it holds up in current season though idk. Don't play PvP much XD

Ema's build is nice, except for the staff. Staff has not stood up to two expansions worth of power creep and is a relic at this point. GS is a better pick.

@JustDemons.4358 said:

@"Crinn.7864" said:Blood Magic is useful on reaper ever since they buffed the protection duration on the wells trait to 5 seconds. It allows you to not be so dependent on Shroud for your defense, which is something very important ever since they moved us to 5% degen. Plus
is super clutch.

but do u think u benefit from protection? since pof and a lot more boon corruputs i dont feel the protection anymore. i used to run spectral armor...I've found that you don't have to worry about boon corruption if you don't facetank a scourge.

@FrostDraco.8306 said:

Actually it is. This proves you dont understand everything about necro. Because its well known that hydromancy procs when you swap in, and out, of shroud. So changing weapons is irrelavent.

It's not about play style, its about chill uptime. I wish people would stop making vapid comments like this when not all things are equal.

One sigil is vastly superior to the other. Also, hydromancy has an actual attack that does damage when it procs, has a chance to crit, and benefits from things such as vampiric aura, cold shoulder, chilling victory, wolf stance from soulbeast etc.

2 secs every 10 sec, vs 2 second every 9 second+extra hit+damage. One is clearly better than the other. Even sigil of chilling is better uptime than sigil of ice.

WOW!! You're really serious about this! Someone needs to get a life...outside of Tyria.It's not that crucial.

@Crinn.7864 said:Staff has not stood up to two expansions worth of power creep

It's the other way around. The power creep had to keep up with staff because it was so much better than everything else to begin with. :P

and is a relic at this point. GS is a better pick.

I've watched some of your recent youtube videos. And in literally every single fight you have it's painfully obvious to me how much better you'd perform if you had a staff instead of a greatsword.I'm aware that I won't convince you anymore at this point, but anyone else who reads this: GS isn't even close to being a decent alternative.

@Umadusa.5874 said:

WOW!! You're really serious about this! Someone needs to get a life...outside of Tyria.It's not that crucial.

So... someone points out an obvious flaw in your argumentation and you accuse them of having no life? Nice.

@dceptaconroy.7928 said:Im still unable to part with soul reaping and on top of that i use gs/staff. By the looks Im not cool, dont move with the times and dislike change. Somebody help me. PS top work on build share everyone real good ideas out there.

Soul Reaping isn't as important anymore because shroud isn't as important. Shroud post november has become more of a situational skill than it was in the past, so building around it is not as important.

Also blighter's boon is OP.

@flow.6043 said:

It's the other way around. The power creep had to keep up with staff because it was so much better than everything else to begin with. :P

I've watched some of your recent youtube videos. And in literally every single fight you have it's painfully obvious to me how much better you'd perform if you had a staff instead of a greatsword.I'm aware that I won't convince you anymore at this point, but anyone else who reads this: GS isn't even close to being a decent alternative.

I actually ran staff for about a week after the last time we butted heads on the subject. Ran both axe/staff and GS/staff variants. Outside of Putrid mark, the weapon felt particularly underwhelming and I was not impressed. There where certainly some situations where it was nice, but for most situations I felt like I would have had a bigger impact with a GS.

@flow.6043 said:

So... someone points out an obvious flaw in your argumentation and you accuse them of having no life? Nice.

Nice red herring. I was responding to the absurdity of his seething, contemptuous tone over such a frivolous topic. It was very juvenile and indicative of someone that takes this game too seriously. In that context, yes, my response is completely appropriate.

I'll let either you or him have the last word. I'm sure you need it. :)

Archived