Looking for a noobfriendly Heraldbuild — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home Professions Revenant

Looking for a noobfriendly Heraldbuild

SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭

Greetings guys,

i got my dad into GW2 . He likes the rev classfantasy very much but have some issues with surviving while using Shiro/Glint with full zerker gear in the open world. So my question is how can i build a more survival focused build for him? My first suggestion is to us dwarfstance with herald. Not sure what traits and specializations i should pick. I'm also thinking about the get him some more defensive armor/trinkets. Maybe a mix out of zerker weapons, and some soldier/knigth/marodeur pieces? He also already tried the rengade on carrion amor but don't like the bow and playstyle. I really have no clue about the class so thanks for your advices.

Comments

• Sephylon.4938Sephylon.4938 Member ✭✭✭✭

try something like this http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAsXinXN2gSqJvQR/kbosgyPU4Q5IKYr8ElFalRNgCag9lZyxO6q3G-e. you can swap sword with staff to get an extra block. If you're playing with zerk, your best defense is your offense; killing everything before they kill you. Other than that, other tips I can offer are timing your dodges and using your blocks properly i.e on the hard hitting skills, and damage mitigation skills (skills that apply protect and weakness(weakness only works if the target doesn't have a defiance bar)). Good luck and happy holidays and a merry Christmas to you both.

I am a giant tomato filled with love. I have come to sell you a house made out of pancakes.

• ArthurDent.9538ArthurDent.9538 Member ✭✭✭✭

Jalis hammers add a lot if extra sustain since they both reduce incoming damage and siphon health from foes they hit. I wouldn't advise running retribution instead if devestation like Sephylon suggested since you get a lot more life siphoning from those traits. But try running both variants to see what works best for him.

• SunTzu.4513SunTzu.4513 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 25, 2017

Using the Hammers is already an improvement. Sloted an shield into offhand gives him an other oh kitten button. Now we will change 3 or 4 pieces of his trinkets from zerker into knight i think this would the best way to build up some more surviveabilty without giving up to much offense. So he could also swapp easiliy into full zerker if he wants to do groupcontent wich requires this setting.

• Kreed.2768Kreed.2768 Member ✭✭✭

If he has armorsmithing leveled, he could try exchanging his zeker for marauder. This will trade in a bit of damage for hit points, allowing him to tank a bit more damage, in addition to suggestions already given, like using dwarf spin2win hammers.

• https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Cleansing_Channel is nice to have aswell. unless you want to rely on jalis condi clear heal

• Celldrax.2849Celldrax.2849 Member ✭✭✭
    edited December 26, 2017

I still like to go dual sword full tank with my power build.

Full soldier armour, wanderer trinkets, superior sigil of air, roiling mists and condition clear whilst switching back and forth between glint and jalis with perma boon upkeep.

This is intended for solo exploration though, so probably wouldn't need to be built so defensively.