PoF Honoring The Fallen Mastery Point - Impossible

Rentapest.6503

Wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Honoring_the_Fallen

This Mastery Point requires 3 "legendary" items. I'm going to say "legendary" because although the rarity of the items is in fact "rare" they simply DO NOT exist in the game for me!

I've been at this for 2 days now, and spent about 30-60minutes on each attempt at getting these items. So far, I have a whopping 1 out of 3 items for my efforts!! Pitiful! Pathetic!

I am now at the point where I am convinced there is something wrong with this in-game or maybe with my account! I've just spent over 30minnutes killing Harpies in both suggested locations from the Wiki. I have 366% Magic Find on my character and repeatedly killed the Harpies without stopping (they spawn quickly). After this, I walked away with 1T6 Blood and ZERO, yes ZERO "rare" item for the Mastery Point!!!

I asked some other players in the map chat about this, and people admitted that on average it took them about 5mins per item. So what is wrong with my account that requires me to take an hour per item?!?! And how on God's green earth is that fair to me in any way?!?

Yes I'm annoyed, feeling victimised etc. I know it's RnG ... so why put this dumb stuff in game for Masteries?!

Oh that one.If they're not dropping there are three issues:× you might have to talk to the npc again to reset the questx you might be killing the wrong creaturesx you are honestly bugged and should report it to anet directly instead of reporting it on the forum

As you said already, it should not take more than 5 minutes per item if you're killing themen masse.Harpies are nearby, devours took me a second to find and the awakened are literally more common than grains of sand.

I understand you're angry if you're not getting them, but they're honestly not designed to take that long. Maybe i was one of the lucky ones but i didn't need more than three kills per

@Ayakaru.6583 said:Oh that one.If they're not dropping there are three issues:× you might have to talk to the npc again to reset the questx you might be killing the wrong creaturesx you are honestly bugged and should report it to anet directly instead of reporting it on the forum

As you said already, it should not take more than 5 minutes per item if you're killing themen masse.Harpies are nearby, devours took me a second to find and the awakened are literally more common than grains of sand.

I understand you're angry if you're not getting them, but they're honestly not designed to take that long. Maybe i was one of the lucky ones but i didn't need more than three kills per

The items can drop before you ever meet the NPC. I got two out of the 3 fairly early on when I just started PoF. I was carrying it around through all of Crystal Oasis and Desert Highlands.

Another possible issue is having obtaining them early but didn't know what they were for(despite their tooltip telling you ...) and tossed them away. Now the game thinks you don't need them anymore so they stop dropping.

Archived