Stop the duplicate skins from Black Lion Chests

The other day I was opening BLC's and got a duplicate skin that I had already unlocked, after 4 days with support I got the issue sorted,

Fast forward to today, I have the Frostfroged Weapon set complete, and I got the skins from the BLC again today, ANET, please don't let the BLC's give out duplicate skins, it should recognise if you have the skin already unlocked and replace the item with something else that can be used.

I thought an update went into the game to prevent this, but apparently it was only for the account bound items,

The duplicate skin thing is putting me off investing in any more Black Lion Keys.

As the above said.When it's a grab-bag pretty much and yes... it's only for account bound items and not things you can sell in the shops yourself, it's best from personal preference to just open chests with keys you either get as drops (Got 2 this year or more) or from map completion or personal story or whatever.

Really would not advise someone to buy keys when it really is a gamble on what you might get.

@Mea.5491 said:

@Oglaf.1074 said:Lootboxes.

Why are you people still buying into this nonsense?

At least you can sell them on the TP.

This. If no one bought these things they would eventually sell things directly in the Gem Store. But of course it will never happen because people like gambling for some really weird reason... :(

I guess people have truly forgotten the purpose of RNG. Is it really not understandable to you guys?

As others have said:

• The "no duplicate" rule only applies to account bound unlocks. Any item that can be traded on the TP... well, it can be traded on the TP, so it doesn't count.
  • BL Keys are designed as lotteries: they drop junk with a very occasional item of value. Spend the cash/time to acquire them only if you enjoy the moment of excitement just before opening them, when you can imagine how cool it would be if you got something awesome (spoiler alert: you won't).

Oh good grief you're complaining about this? The only reason gambling systems like this can even exist in the first place is because of whales like you. If not for customers like you, gambling would be completely unprofitable and everyone, including you, could just buy what they want for an honestly listed price.

@Conncept.7638 said:Oh good grief you're complaining about this? The only reason gambling systems like this can even exist in the first place is because of whales like you. If not for customers like you, gambling would be completely unprofitable and everyone, including you, could just buy what they want for an honestly listed price.

No, they'll just make the desired things RNG drops on a long timer behind difficult parameters, basically exchanging the money cost for a time cost.

The purpose of RNG is exclusivity. If you can just buy what you want for cheap, the game loses its purpose and you move on since the desired items are no longer really desired and exclusive but instead common place.

@Leo G.4501 said:

@Conncept.7638 said:Oh good grief
you're
complaining about
this
? The only reason gambling systems like this can even exist in the first place is because of whales like you. If not for customers like you, gambling would be completely unprofitable and everyone, including you, could just buy what they want for an honestly listed price.

No, they'll just make the desired things RNG drops on a long timer behind difficult parameters, basically exchanging the money cost for a time cost.

The purpose of RNG is exclusivity.

No it is not. It is to get people to buy more and more and more and more and more and....

@Oglaf.1074 said:

you're
complaining about
this
? The only reason gambling systems like this can even exist in the first place is because of whales like you. If not for customers like you, gambling would be completely unprofitable and everyone, including you, could just buy what they want for an honestly listed price.

No it is not. It is to get people to buy more and more and more and more and more and....

Only if you're a completionist or out of touch with the concept of luxury. The more exclusive something is, the more precieved value it has. If the items in the game have little or no value, do you think as many people will keep playing the game?

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:Black Lion Keys for duplicates are only for Wardrobe Unlocks. Any item that can be sold is not part of this feature.

Good luck.

Once I unlock the skin its in my wardrobe, hence account bound, it should not produce another skin the same item, if I don't account bound it by storing it in the wardrobe then fair enough, duplicates all round, support even told me that I should store it in wardrobe.

@"Conncept.7638" said:Oh good grief you're complaining about this? The only reason gambling systems like this can even exist in the first place is because of whales like you. If not for customers like you, gambling would be completely unprofitable and everyone, including you, could just buy what they want for an honestly listed price.

I don't know if im reading this correct, but are you saying "customers" like me who get the odd key here and there, are the problem, if it wasn't for people getting them keys the BLC skins on the TP would be 10x the price, then people would be crying about the price of them, its some give and take, the problem I listed wasn't about the cost of keys, it was about what I see as a bug in the skins being duplicated once you have already unlocked them on your account.

@Leo G.4501 said:

you're
complaining about
this

Only if you're a completionist or out of touch with the concept of luxury. The more exclusive something is, the more precieved value it has. If the items in the game have little or no value, do you think as many people will keep playing the game?

Is this really true? How materialistic. I want stuff that look good. I don't care how common it is.

Archived