Jade Heart Question

Oglaf.1074

It gets better as you do it for sure, i can see your fear, try to stay close to cairn so you do not get agony, take the middle green when you can and make sure the ones you go towards are solo-able, dying and going down and getting hit with it will fail it so you have to be careful, remember to activate it before the fight and everytime you /gg or die, you gotta do it outside combat! Best of luck again, give it a few tries and see how it goes :)

@Oglaf.1074 said:Well crap. That's exactly what I was hoping wasn't the case...

Anyone got any tips for this, then? Seems very, very hard...

I got mine by playing a healing ele and being entirely selfish.You can pretty easily run 4x shouts (heal + elite and any 2 others not named aftershock) and take Lightning Flash for whatever situation you get in that you need to cover 2100 range.

Then you can just look to go to the single circles.

@Oglaf.1074 said:Well crap. That's exactly what I was hoping wasn't the case...

Anyone got any tips for this, then? Seems very, very hard...

It's actually not. You just need to play a little bit selfishly. Especially when playing with pugs. Pay attention to your own character and avoid agony rings. Healing ele (as TexZero said) might be a solid option. Personally, I got mine IIRC on a condi mesmer. It does very solid dps on Cairn and you still have the option of taking blink for emergency situations.Also it helps if your group dps doesn't suck and you kill it as fast as possible. Less exposure to mechanics and less chance of failure. If you're taking more than ~3 mins to kill I'd personally consider leaving the group tbh.

It really helps to have a group that know you want the heart and are actively trying to help you. If the player going for the heart is marked, people can respond more quickly if you're down, make sure you've got company in greens that need multiple people, and steer clear with agony. When I did it, a few players that were comfortable surviving on their own deliberately stood furthest away to get agony so players going for the heart could more or less ignore that mechanic.

@Koyomi.1378 said:If you aren't being levitated you aren't getting hit by it, just try it, i'm sure you'll get it in a few tries!

Actually, when I am looking through my combat log I am in fact taking damage from it, but I am not getting floaty. Seems to happen when I am alone in one of the larger circles.

I can't try it just yet - I have to kill Gorse one more time next week first. I'm itching to get going though! Got all the crafting materials for the Heart ready and everything... >_<

@Azoqu.8917 said:Just always go to a circle that requires only 1 person. That way you never get screwed when no one joins you. Another thing that makes this easier is killing Cairn super quick because then you get to pretend mechanics don't exist.

AFAIK those really only appear at the start of the fight...?

@Oglaf.1074 said:

@Azoqu.8917 said:Just always go to a circle that requires only 1 person. That way you never get screwed when no one joins you. Another thing that makes this easier is killing Cairn super quick because then you get to pretend mechanics don't exist.

AFAIK those really only appear at the start of the fight...?

Nah, the different size circles appear every now and then throughout the whole fight. Though if your group dps is significantly high, you may end up killing Cairn fast enough to only see them a few times.

Archived