Flameseeker Prophecy Legendary Help

warlordo.9576

Ok so I'm an old vet that recently got back into gw2, dabbled with HoT and just bought PoF. All my times playing I never went for a legendary, and now I want to take on the challenge of making the Flameseeker. I've been trying to find guides, but they are really old and outdated. Anyone know of any updated 2017 guides? Also do I have to have all of my crafting skills maxed, as I don't think I've ever crafted in gw2, but help a noob out. Thank you.

The guides really are not outdated as the process hasn’t changed since launch with the exception of how you acquire the gift of battle and whether you choose to craft the precursor.

Crafting levels only need to be at 400 for the legendary gifts. If crafting the precursor then you’ll need to go higher than that. You should only have to use two crafts at most except for the gift of metal that requires jewelcrafting for platinum ingots.

Going by https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/legendaries crafting The Chosen is 40-60 gold cheaper than buying it, bur crafting it will also require you to level your Weaponsmithing to 500 rather than the 400 required in the process of turning the precursor into the legendary, so that will prob cancel out most of the saving.

Look through the collection steps on the wiki - primarily step 1 and 3. (Step 2 is mostly crafting and basically the cost part of the collection)If those collections seem interesting to you, and the extra crafting needed isn't a deterrent, go for it - but if you hesitate at that it's likely to be a lot more enjoyable to just buy the precursor.

The crafts needed areTailor 400Weaponsmith 400 (or 500 if crafting the precursor, but some of it will help you level if you plan it nicely!)

Archived