Is Jormag's plot over?

Slowpokeking.8720

It went back to sleep according to the current lore.

But seriously, it would be a huge disappointment. It has never been the main focus like Zhaitan or Mordremoth, but we got a huge part of the personal story about fighting Jormag's minions as norn character.

A big part of the DE novel was to deal with the Dragonspawn. Apart from Deep Sea Dragon, Jormag is also the only one we've never seen. Its champion Drakkar also remains a mystery.

They’re not asleep (fully), they’re brought down to pre-awakening levels.That means its more akin to crippled or knocked-out.They will get back up as soon as a wave of magic comes their way.In such a scenario there are two things that can happen.The sons of Svanir reignite Jormag’s spark.Or Kraljatorrik’s (eventual) death will flood the world magic which might re-ignite Primordus who’s underground.Or they’ve both retreated underground to nibble on leylines, i dont know.

But they’re not fully defeated yet. They’re just knocked down for the moment and not a threat until we’ve found a way to deal with them. But I hope we don’t end Primordus with just that since he’s the primordial dragon, with destruction as his domain. He brawl between him and Jormag would probably be akin with Ragnarok.

As for Drakkar, they’ll probably reserve him for a meta-boss in some LS4 or LS5 map in the far shiverpeaks. But he’s not the only neglicent factor. There’s also a second Claw of jormag we’ve yet to see. And we also haven’t seen Primordus yet.. not really, at least, we saw his maw floating in the lava.

I think that jormag will not reappear soon. And if he does, Anet is probably making him into a primeval force of destruction instead of the cunning deceiver he appears to be.

All in all, letting him go back to sleep would be a fine decision, I am so tired of the narrow minded engine of destruction dragon behaviour that seems so unfitting to me for a dragon. Of course that would not solve the problem with the dragons, but it would be a fitting plan for a mastermind.It can be assumed that his more powerful brother Kralkatorik will probably be slain or at least severely weakened by then, at the very latest after the hero finished PoF it should be clear to everyone that the commander is a very dangerous foe for even an elder dragon. That leaves him with his old nemesis Primordus, the DSD and some potential successors to replace the fallen dragons who are all considerably weaker and younger than him. He just has to outlive the champion of Aurene as Joko probably did with the hero of GW1 to be relatively safe, and contrary to the hero he only needs to win once.

Primordus can´t attack him directly as it seems when both energies cancel each other out.We know not much about the DSD dragon, but I assume he would be his most dangerous competition then but also one knows what it is capable off because ice and water are close. Maybe they could even reach an agreement and be happy with half of the cake when their more primal brothers are out of the way.

I think it's not anet trying to get out of doing those dragons, but trying to find a way to maintain the impact of EDs without constant world destruction. If they stayed awake and continued to do nothing people would complain. So we'll get them again in either xpac 3 or LWS5, if xpac 3 is blood legion lands and dragon free as many speculate

• 2 weeks later...

Archived