Bug: Voices and subtitles on Cinematics missing

Sazibeg.1827

Hi,

I am currently unable to hear voices or dialogue in the newer cinematics (POF and LWS4). I tried a different computer, all the solutions I found on reddit and here, and nothing works. I did try 2 separate accounts on 2 separate computers and got the same result.

I am inclined to believe it's a bug, rather than a device-specific issue, but there doesn't seem to be anything on known issues.

Thanks for your help,

I would like to point out this issue as well. And it's not just with PoF and LS4. Just now I was playing through the HoT instance Bitter Harvest and the cinematic parts with Faolain are missing both her voiced lines and the accompanying subtitles. I know the gist of what she is supposed to be saying because I've played the story on other characters, but for new players I imagine this to be a very disrupting/confusing problem.

The first thing you should do is create a support ticket (follow the links from top left). If you happen to resolve the problem on your own, you can cancel the ticket; if not, it's better to get in the queue now.

It's worth trying to repair the client (directions should be in the knowledge base)

Separately, it might be worth clearing out all the temporary files associated with the game. That will cause you to lose some settings, which is annoying, so it's among the last things you should try. (Alternatively, you can rename the files to end in ".old" instead, start the game. If it works, great; you'll just replace your settings. If not, you can delete the newly created files and un-rename the .old ones.) Files include:

• gw2-g4.tmp (located in your installation folder)
  • local.dat (located in %appdata%/Guild Wars 2)

@Sazibeg.1827 said:Hi,

I am currently unable to hear voices or dialogue in the newer cinematics (POF and LWS4). I tried a different computer, all the solutions I found on reddit and here, and nothing works. I did try 2 separate accounts on 2 separate computers and got the same result.

I am inclined to believe it's a bug, rather than a device-specific issue, but there doesn't seem to be anything on known issues.

Thanks for your help,

There are many places, not just instances, where the voices are missing and the sounds are 'wrong', such as the Halloween screeching I hear in many places, even Divinity's Reach, when I am at the 'paid' 'convenience' area.

The game is suffering - a lot.

Archived