Arenanet, Why Do You Have To Taunt Me Like This

CeeJ.3752

Anet, Anet, Anet. I thought you said Paragons and Dervishes were EXTINCT. And now all of a sudden they're back as allies and enemies in the new Path of Fire Story!? Not even that but now you can buy Paragon Summoner stones?!?!?! WHY MUST YOU TAUNT ME LIKE THIS. I was hoping for Paragon to be an elite specialization or another class (same with Dervish). I was at peace with the fact that they became "extinct" and now that they're in the game, i'm forever broken.

Guardian already has a PvP title named "Champion Paragon" for example. Maybe they can add paragon as a seperate elite spec for guardian. They may use those aquatic spears as a terrestrial ranged weapon.Not sure about Dervish, we don't have Scythes as a weapon type. But they can add it to expand the game. It may suit to warrior or necro imo. Necro already uses a scythe with its reaper shroud. But neither warrior nor necro fits the role of a Dervish completely. So it can be better to just add it as a seperate class.

@"Umut.5471" said:Guardian already has a PvP title named "Champion Paragon" for example. Maybe they can add paragon as a seperate elite spec for guardian. They may use those aquatic spears as a terrestrial ranged weapon.Not sure about Dervish, we don't have Scythes as a weapon type. But they can add it to expand the game. It may suit to warrior or necro imo. Necro already uses a scythe with its reaper shroud. But neither warrior nor necro fits the role of a Dervish completely. So it can be better to just add it as a seperate class.

And your supposed to wield the power of the human gods that are no longer with us how?Considering asura, norn, charr and sylvari dont have any gods either what power do they wield?

@Linken.6345 said:

@"Umut.5471" said:Guardian already has a PvP title named "Champion Paragon" for example. Maybe they can add paragon as a seperate elite spec for guardian. They may use those aquatic spears as a terrestrial ranged weapon.Not sure about Dervish, we don't have Scythes as a weapon type. But they can add it to expand the game. It may suit to warrior or necro imo. Necro already uses a scythe with its reaper shroud. But neither warrior nor necro fits the role of a Dervish completely. So it can be better to just add it as a seperate class.

And your supposed to wield the power of the human gods that are no longer with us how?Considering asura, norn, charr and sylvari dont have any gods either what power do they wield?

They can change those utilities to blessing of the primeval kings, and curses of palawa joko. They can make it a strictly sunspear-themed class.A class that wields power of both good and evil. Fighting style can stay same.As the world changed after the gods had left, sunspears changed too. This kind of an updated dervish will fit fine.

Classes are always on the move and evolving. Gw1 there where only human classes. Some used around all of Tyria. Some only in certain parts. So a person from Kryta never was a dervish or paragon. Only people from elona would.

Then the dragons rose and elona was cut off for a long time. In that time, classes like dervish and paragon wielded by those left behind evolved and merged into existing and new classes. This also happened as in the north, several races mixed to one society working together. Using the same classes.

So the development of classes in the north and in the south have been separated. It makes perfect sense that for us the dervish went ‘extinct’ while in the land where it originated it is still alive.

And yes, this also means it makes no sense to introduce it now as a playable class.

Stop trying to make gw2 be the same as gw1. They are not and never will and can be. If you want to play gw1. Go and launch it!

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:I'd love to read about how those Professions became 'extinct'. Can you post the link?

Well. It is said in the lore of the game is it not? Palawa Joko ruled out the use of spears, which is why the sunspears or w.e decided to break off the end of them and use them as daggers. Its why the spellbreaker elite spec exists, because paragons were outlawed and not allowed the use. Yet in Domain of Istan we see paragons. And wasn't it stated by anet pre release of gw2 that paragons aren't there because other classes adopted certain aspects of the class itself. Dervish I don't know much about. My friend knows a lot more on the "existence about it than I do.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:Classes are always on the move and evolving. Gw1 there where only human classes. Some used around all of Tyria. Some only in certain parts. So a person from Kryta never was a dervish or paragon. Only people from elona would.

Then the dragons rose and elona was cut off for a long time. In that time, classes like dervish and paragon wielded by those left behind evolved and merged into existing and new classes. This also happened as in the north, several races mixed to one society working together. Using the same classes.

So the development of classes in the north and in the south have been separated. It makes perfect sense that for us the dervish went ‘extinct’ while in the land where it originated it is still alive.

And yes, this also means it makes no sense to introduce it now as a playable class.

Stop trying to make gw2 be the same as gw1. They are not and never will and can be. If you want to play gw1. Go and launch it!

You do realize Gw1 and Gw2 are of the same universe right? We're not talking about WoW vs Gw2 wishing for a death knight or something. How is wanting a Class from Gw1 declare that I want it to be gw1? lol? Does that mean because Ele, Mes, War, being the same classes from gw1 makes gw2, gw1? I thought it would be cool with the combat system and mechanics of gw2 to have such classes like Dervishes and Paragons. Dervishes are the badas classes of guild wars. I prefer that style of the holy warrior over guardian- like channeling the power of the gods. Is it that wrong to want one of my favorite classes from Gw1 (Same universe as Gw2) to be playable in the new combat system Gw2 allows?

@Mthe mystery.4615 said:

@mercury ranique.2170 said:Classes are always on the move and evolving. Gw1 there where only human classes. Some used around all of Tyria. Some only in certain parts. So a person from Kryta never was a dervish or paragon. Only people from elona would.

You do realize Gw1 and Gw2 are of the same universe right? We're not talking about WoW vs Gw2 wishing for a death knight or something. How is wanting a Class from Gw1 declare that I want it to be gw1? lol? Does that mean because Ele, Mes, War, being the same classes from gw1 makes gw2, gw1? I thought it would be cool with the combat system and mechanics of gw2 to have such classes like Dervishes and Paragons. Dervishes are the badas classes of guild wars. I prefer that style of the holy warrior over guardian- like channeling the power of the gods. Is it that wrong to want one of my favorite classes from Gw1 (Same universe as Gw2) to be playable in the new combat system Gw2 allows?

GW2 is 250 years after GW1, both Dervishes and Paragons have evolved since then, the individuals that you can find in the Desert that can give you the history behind the evolved classes tell you the story of how they changed...that's all that needs to be said about it.

@Zaklex.6308 said:

GW2 is 250 years after GW1, both Dervishes and Paragons have evolved since then, the individuals that you can find in the Desert that can give you the history behind the evolved classes tell you the story of how they changed...that's all that needs to be said about it.

Yeah I get that they are evolved, I understand that but that's not my point. I'm saying if there are actual paragons and dervishes like gw1, throwing spears and wielding scythes, I don't see a reason why we cant. I was a peace with them being Evolved which is why they aren't a playable class anymore. Again, The first post I wrote was about taunting me with the classes that I very much enjoyed playing in gw1. I was at peace with the idea of the evolution but kind of got a little upset that they introduced paragons and dervishes actually wielding spears and scythes in the game. Idk why people are not understanding the point I'm making lol.

@Mthe mystery.4615 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:Classes are always on the move and evolving. Gw1 there where only human classes. Some used around all of Tyria. Some only in certain parts. So a person from Kryta never was a dervish or paragon. Only people from elona would.

Yeah I get that they are evolved, I understand that but that's not my point. I'm saying if there are actual paragons and dervishes like gw1, throwing spears and wielding scythes, I don't see a reason why we cant. I was a peace with them being Evolved which is why they aren't a playable class anymore. Again, The first post I wrote was about taunting me with the classes that I very much enjoyed playing in gw1. I was at peace with the idea of the evolution but kind of got a little upset that they introduced paragons and dervishes actually wielding spears and scythes in the game. Idk why people are not understanding the point I'm making lol.

What point are you making you want people to understand ?The point that paragons and dervishes was a popular class with interesting mechanics like chants for paragons in GW1 ? The point that "spear as a terrestrial weapon" and scythe have been broadly asked since the beginning, that paragons and dervishes have been asked as a class ? that seeing those watchknights using land spears added coal in the hype train ? That it was agreed and understood that precious dev time couldn't be spent on such fan-service ?

Or maybe that eventhough it was agreed and understood, seeing that all those popular and demanded eventually made it into the game, yet only as toys waved under our mourning noses, can be felt as an insult ? as grieving ? as a troll behaviour ?

Characters from kryta and ascalon could be dervishes, paragons, assassins, and ritualists as well as the core classes.

@Ashen.2907 said:

Characters from kryta and ascalon could be dervishes, paragons, assassins, and ritualists as well as the core classes.

Only as secondary proffession. If you make a Prophecies character, you don't get the option of the 4 later classes.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

Only as secondary proffession. If you make a Prophecies character, you don't get the option of the 4 later classes.

And as a secondary profession you still have the option to learn every spell, every skill, and every weapon available to the new professions. My point is not that these professions need to be added, but rather that the idea that they would automatically be lost to kryta because of the isolation of elona doesnt hold up. The knowledge was widely disseminated and the professions practiced during the time period of gw1.

Guardians are pretty much literally paragons who actually know what pants are (plus a little bit of monk).

Dervishes are too human-focused to work as a player class (and a race-neutral version of their thing would be... well, a revenant), and their gimmicks either don't exist in GW2 (enchantments) or are already being done by other things (all melee weapons cleave now, plus greatsword kind of dominates the "two-handed DPS weapon" niche along with melee staves).

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:Would assume extinct because of how poorly they've done Revenant.

LOL

Paragons and Derv were way to balanced for a broken game...reason they didnt bother to make decent elite spec based on those.The truth is the Renegade migh be balanced and the other classes arent, that is requirement for a game that all that matters is stack what is broken and if is aoe and range the better.

Its a game for noobs reason some classes feel underhelming compared with certain gimmicks made for badies to get carried to be made metas, due how core mechanics on those OP specs are made to work and designed to carry those badies.

@ThomasC.1056 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:Classes are always on the move and evolving. Gw1 there where only human classes. Some used around all of Tyria. Some only in certain parts. So a person from Kryta never was a dervish or paragon. Only people from elona would.

What point are you making you want people to understand ?The point that paragons and dervishes was a popular class with interesting mechanics like chants for paragons in GW1 ? The point that "spear as a terrestrial weapon" and scythe have been broadly asked since the beginning, that paragons and dervishes have been asked as a class ? that seeing those watchknights using land spears added coal in the hype train ? That it was agreed and understood that precious dev time couldn't be spent on such fan-service ?

Or maybe that eventhough it was agreed and understood, seeing that all those popular and demanded eventually made it into the game, yet only as toys waved under our mourning noses, can be felt as an insult ? as grieving ? as a troll behaviour ?

I'm hoping this wasn't a sarcastic comment, because I'm not taking it as such. The main reason was presented in my first post. Someone goes along the lines of "Or maybe that even though it was agreed and understood, seeing that all those popular and demanded eventually made it into the game, yet only as toys waved under our mourning noses." Taunting me with NPCs actually being paragons and dervishes, filling me up with jealousy that I cant wield spear/scythe or play the class. (No I'm not going back to gw1 to play the class- not going to explain myself on that part of the conversation again).

Archived