Golden Fractal Backpieces

Lily.1935

I might be a bit of an outlier on this particular request, but hey, if it hasn't been put out there, no one will know that I want it. So I'll ask.

Hey, Anet! Could we have golden fractal backpieces added to the game? Even a way to gild Ad Infinitum? I'd really like to see that, as a Golden backpiece with the shiny crystalline ends of it as a ruby red type color while the bulk of it is Gold. I think that could look fantastic.

Maybe Ad Infinitum + 250 Gold fractal relics + gift of fortune + 50 cubes of dark energy would be a good recipe for this.

Or Ad Infinitum + 250 Gold fractal relics + 50 Cubes of dark energy + item from collection

the collection would require you to beat every challenge mode on a timer once there are lets say 10 challenge modes implemented

@Malediktus.9250 said:Maybe Ad Infinitum + 250 Gold fractal relics + gift of fortune + 50 cubes of dark energy would be a good recipe for this.

Or Ad Infinitum + 250 Gold fractal relics + 50 Cubes of dark energy + item from collection

the collection would require you to beat every challenge mode on a timer once there are lets say 10 challenge modes implemented

Would be really interested in a Cube of Dark Energy "sink" here, got lots of those waiting for a usage.

@Malediktus.9250 said:Maybe Ad Infinitum + 250 Gold fractal relics + gift of fortune + 50 cubes of dark energy would be a good recipe for this.

That's quite a bit of a sink. But you know what? For my opulence, I'll take it.

If they add a golden Ad Infinitum I really don't want it to be perceived as an "upgrade" to the current backpack with some ridiculous requirement. At most I think completing the golden weapons collection should enable you to buy an item from BLING that lets you convert it back-and-forth from regular to gold whenever you want for a small Fractal relic cost.

@"Rising Dusk.2408" said:If they add a golden Ad Infinitum I really don't want it to be perceived as an "upgrade" to the current backpack with some ridiculous requirement. At most I think completing the golden weapons collection should enable you to buy an item from BLING that lets you convert it back-and-forth from regular to gold whenever you want for a small Fractal relic cost.

Absolutely not. Purely cosmetic.

@"Rising Dusk.2408" said:If they add a golden Ad Infinitum I really don't want it to be perceived as an "upgrade" to the current backpack with some ridiculous requirement. At most I think completing the golden weapons collection should enable you to buy an item from BLING that lets you convert it back-and-forth from regular to gold whenever you want for a small Fractal relic cost.

It should be the eternity of the backpiece world. The golden weapon collection is far too easy

@Malediktus.9250 said:It should be the eternity of the backpiece world. The golden weapon collection is far too easySo you mean worth 1g of Crystalline Dust on top of two already existing legendaries and zero skill-based requirements? For real, though, I get what you're saying but I highly doubt ANet will devalue the Ascension or Warbringer by adding some super PvE legendary backpack. If this happens, it should be easy to get and a simple back-and-forth modification to Ad Infinitum, otherwise it shouldn't happen.

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:

@Malediktus.9250 said:It should be the eternity of the backpiece world. The golden weapon collection is far too easySo you mean worth 1g of Crystalline Dust on top of two already existing legendaries and zero skill-based requirements? For real, though, I get what you're saying but I highly doubt ANet will devalue the Ascension or Warbringer by adding some super PvE legendary backpack. If this happens, it should be easy to get and a simple back-and-forth modification to Ad Infinitum, otherwise it shouldn't happen.

I'd like to have the ability to continually modify my Ad Infinitum. Like if they ever introduce other fractal weapons, like Jade or something there should be a Jade equivalent as well. And eventually, get a rainbow ad infinitum.

@Rising Dusk.2408 said:

At least the WvW backpack could be easily upgradeable to different flame colors. Anet could decide on some color hierachy for that. Not sure how to make the pvp backpiece improveable though

RIP to the grind XD

@foogison.5067 said:

RIP to the grind XD

I would call it a long term reward instead of a grind. I am quite bored of the regular legendaries which feel too easy to get. I can build several per month of those regular legendaries if I would desire. And looking at any kind of zerg (wvw, pve raids, endgame open world stuff) confirms this. They are full of "legendaries" making them feel like regular crap. We reached a point where the common skins feel commonly used than legendaries.I really hope PoF has some nice new longterm rewards that I cant complete before the next living story episodes start.

Archived