Bank Tab Extension

jediwolf.8724

I know this has been brought up before.Bank tan extensions are on sale in the gem store. I am at the maximum allowed. There are probably lots of people out there with the same issue.When will they increase the number of tabs we are allowed? Anet wants us to buy gems and use them. Why not increase the number of tabs from 14 to 20?

Well if they expanded available tabs, I know I'd buy. I'd probably buy even if they also made bound, unlocked skins convertible to transmutation charges and thus freed up something like 1/2 my bank space, because I love having tons of inventory room. I'm not hoarding things I can sell, I'm hoarding skins I paid cash for and haven't yet found an alt to wear them. No economic harm from me there, I couldn't add them to the TP if I wanted to.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:While I’m not against your request, I do have to wonder what you need more tabs for?

I share you point.I got 14 and only 2 full.

If we are talking about Mats, then is way better to buy another character slot ( 800 for 100 slots vs 600 for 30 slots ), or maybe storage slots ( i laughed at them at first, but they are definitely a thing ).

If you want more tabs for QoL ( avoid yo waste time ), then you should probably manage better your 14 tabs. I mean, Since there are no more extra tabs, it would be better to realize what is essential inside your bank and what's not.

@Ayakaru.6583 said:While I’m not against your request, I do have to wonder what you need more tabs for?

Lets see--blade shards stack in the material storage, but in the bank they don't. Just how STUPID is that! And that is just one example of poorly designed storage. How about a key wallet etc. Inconsistent storage design on many levels. So ya--open up the storage tabs to compensate for bad storage design.

@Blude.6812 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:While I’m not against your request, I do have to wonder what you need more tabs for?

Lets see--blade shards stack in the material storage, but in the bank they don't. Just how STUPID is that! And that is just one example of poorly designed storage. How about a key wallet etc. Inconsistent storage design on many levels. So ya--open up the storage tabs to compensate for bad storage design.

Blade shards stack... They've stacked at least since 2 years back when I started playing. Unless you mean "stack past 250" which nothing does outside the material storage.

Keys recently went into the wallet, but you'll have to right-click > "use all" to add existing ones.(Key of Greater Nightmare and Complete Aetherkey are not added, but pretty much every other key is)

I'd happily buy more bank tabs if ANet ever offers them; I doubt that they will anytime soon.

I presume that ANet must have either a technical or economic reason for limiting bank tab storage. Since one can buy more toons with more immediate storage space than a bank tab (per gem or per gem shop purchase), it seems more likely that the issue is technical rather than economic.

The other issue with adding more bank storage is: it doesn't resolve the problem for people who claim they need the space. If all the currently available methods for storage are insufficient for someone's "needs," then there's a bigger issue than space. It usually comes down to people being unable to decide to part with things "just in case", when that "just in case" hasn't occurred for years for some items/stacks.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:While I’m not against your request, I do have to wonder what you need more tabs for?

Blade shards stack... They've stacked at least since 2 years back when I started playing. Unless you mean "stack past 250" which nothing does outside the material storage.

Keys recently went into the wallet, but you'll have to right-click > "use all" to add existing ones.(Key of Greater Nightmare and Complete Aetherkey are not added, but pretty much every other key is)

They stack in one area but not the other----that is just stupid as noted. as for the keys why do peeps keep asking for a king ring??? Nope you don't have a clue really.

@Blude.6812 said:

They stack in one area but not the other----that is just stupid as noted. as for the keys why do peeps keep asking for a king ring??? Nope you don't have a clue really.

Pretty sure he's not the clueless one...The keyring was added a few patches ago... All "keys" go into the wallet now, except, like he said Aetherpath and Nightmare keys (most likely because they're created from pieces, and don't drop as the full key).Also, don't stack how? Because they do stack to 250 items per slot in EVERY storage space, unless you have Storage Expanders, if you do they'll stack to whatever your maximum is, LIKE ALL OTHER MATERIALS.I know what your problem is, but i'll let you figure it out by yourself.

That would be great if they would allow to get 6 more bank tab extensions. It would be even better to go up another 5 for a total of 25 bank tabs. I would gladly cough up my hard earned cash for 11 more bank tab extensions. And all of them would be filled in a couple of days muhahaha.

@Shirlias.8104 said:

I share you point.I got 14 and only 2 full.

If we are talking about Mats, then is way better to buy another character slot ( 800 for 100 slots vs 600 for 30 slots ), or maybe storage slots ( i laughed at them at first, but they are definitely a thing ).

If you want more tabs for QoL ( avoid yo waste time ), then you should probably manage better your 14 tabs. I mean, Since there are no more extra tabs, it would be better to realize what is essential inside your bank and what's not.

Considering you don't know what other players do or do not have or what is important for them to keep and where, it is awfully presumptuous telling someone that they should manage their tabs better.

The truth is, players have much different approaches to the game and what they keep. Who are you and I or anyone else to tell anyone how to "manage" their storage.

I for one would love to see extra bank slots. I hate switching to mules to get something I would love to have in the bank already but cannot due to space considerations.

Archived