Toughness in WvW Question

arenta.2953

So i'm trying to figure out if speccing in toughness in WvW is worth it.

i've had a character with 2k armor, 2.5k armor. and 3k

and in all cases, they seem to take massive dmg of similar numbers.

i'm wondering if there is an armor level i should stop at (like 2.5k) where going past it has reduced value.

or does toughness not help in wvw at all. due to conditions and crit spam focus.

am i making a mistake going for toughness?

1st) Dying rapidly when you have armor tends to be a conditions issue, and you might want to look at condi removal or mitigation.... (runes, sigils or foods/builds, combo's or skills)

In most of wvw good zergs, the players in front and mids can do with 2300-2500 armor (toughbess and armorrating combined) and be usefull , ranged will be more glass or more bunker depending on their role. *bunker tends to be usefull for healers, glass more for DPS, some condi's go dire or trailblazer, healers minstrel... However if you try to learn you can heal on zealot or marshals, and be condi on viper's , and you can DPS on berserker, but the zerg must allow for this. long drawn out battles will not favor glass builds, only fast battles with larger numbers.

In low-manning you tend to need more or none at all, either bunker or full glass (when glass you might need some other defensive trick, either invulnerability, conditions or stealth, preferably all 3 together). Same goes for roaming imho...

If you fight superior numbers you'll die most likely, iuf you get hit with 35 ppl vs your 25 ppl group you might very well have a chance, 45 vs 20 however is pointless and you could go karmatrain, or s[plit up and try topp break up the enemy zerg.

Havocsquad (5-10 man) or roaming 1-5 man could provide different challenges. All options are usefull. tactics and strategy vary widely and still remain roughly the same.

-corrected some typo's-

@PaxTheGreatOne.9472 said:

1st) Dying rapidly when you have armor tends to be a conditions issue, and you might want to look at condi removal or mitigation.... (runes, sigils or foods/builds, combo's or skills)

In most of wvw good zergs, the players in front and mids can do with 2300-2500 armor (toughbess and armorrating) combined and be usefull , ranged will be more glass or more bunker depending on their role. *bunker tends to be usefull for healers, glass more for DPS, some condi's go dire or trailblazer, healers minstrel... However if you try to learn you can heal on zealot or marshals, and be condi on viper's , and you can DPS on berserker, but the zerg must allow for this. long dawn out battles will not favor glass builds, only fast battles with larger numbers.

In low-manning you tend to need more or none at all, either bunker or full glass (when glass you might need some other defensive trick, either invulnerability, conditions or stealth, preferably all 3 together). Same goes for roaming imho...

If you fight superior numbers you'll die most likely, iuf you get hit with 35 ppl vs your 25 ppl group you might very well have a chance, 45 vs 20 however is pointless and you could go karmatrain, or s[plit up and try topp break up the enemy zerg.

Havocsquad (5-10 man) or roaming 1-5 man could provide different challenges. All options are usefull. tactics and strategy vary widely and still remain roughly the same.

so stop at 2.5k armor, and focus on power/precision along with condi removal. ty =)

Archived