Stuck in jumping puzzles (what can I do?)

Urud.4925

So, I wasted a bit more than 3 hours to "play" the jumping puzzle in Ember Bay, up to the volcano, and then, right before the 4th checkpoint, my character got stucked between two rocks./stuck didn't work (it said to use the nearest waypoint) and I couldn't die... that's been quite annoying. Pretty annoying. Disappointing. Upsetting let's say.https://img2.picload.org/image/ddagogdi/gw211.jpg

So, since the JP are not always that "perfect", is it possible for example to add a new command "/suicide" or "/killme" or "/lifesucksiwanttodie"? At least in long JPs with checkpoints it would be useful.Thanks

Ouch, yeah if you can't get out by jumping around, you might need a mesmer portal. Might be worthwhile to carry around those rifles from Malchor's Leap that let you jump a certain distance, like Engi rifle 5; depending on how you're stuck that might help.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Experimental_Rifle

Never go adventuring without! Unless you fell into a deep hole the leap may get you out of stupid terrain or the backfire if the rifle explodes due to no line of sight. Hm, not sure if it'd work in the spot on your screenshot. I guess all target areas of the rifle would be invalid. Maybe the Teleportation Gun could kick you out of there. I always have lots of them. :)

Yup....I went to do that puzzle and after about 3 to 4 hours of painfully getting up there.... I got stuck in there and didn't know what to do.I was near raging and tried to logout/login to get out. Didn't work.

THEN FOUND OUT WHEN YOU DO THAT ALL CHECKPOINTS ARE GONE!

Thankfully there was a Mesmer up there that was wonderful to not only wait for me to get back up there (took me about 30 minutes, but they just went on an alt while they waited for me) and when I got back to those stupid rocks before I get stuck again they ported me to the top.

My advice is.. get a Mesmer that knows this thing to hang with you and help you with it or ask in the map chat.I've whined and moaned about many jumping puzzles... mainly Not So Secret and Mad King, but I do know one thing...

Not So Secret my only issue is the stupid goggles. The rest of the puzzle I'm 100% fine with and do enjoy it and will go back there every so often.Mad King.... I loathe it a ton, but mainly the reset and then having to "Wait for other players" which I think should be removed and just allow me to play the thing right away after I fall.

But this jumping puzzle. This one.I will never do it again. Whoever made this jumping puzzle I want them to get the same treatment as Tahlkora.

The bow 5 didn't work (no valid position around) and the mount cannot be used there. I thought about a portal put very close by another mesmer, as Mewcifer said, but there were no mesmers around on that part. Some kind player whispered me some empathy, and I felt better, but still.

The worst thing was... after trying again, and reaching the checkpoint 4 (at least I improved, after some practice...) I fell into the lava on purpose (wrong jump), but I remained there on the lava, without starting again from the 4th checkpoint. I don't think I'll try it again. Not any time soon anyway.Someone even ressed me, while standing on the lava... happy to have good people around in GW2 :)

Yup I know the exact spot your talking about. I have saved a few people from that spot. Its those pointy ledges you use to get up to check 4 (0,1,2,3,4). Its kinda sad like seeing a trapped animal... they don't want to log and lose progress and yet they cant do anything about it. That's the only place i know of in the Jp that u can get stuck... Wish anet could plug that hole or like the OP suggested an unstick ability.

Lol, thanks for your good comments guys. I even received some whisper, offering help (though from NA). Now I've just finished the Sanctum JP, together with another "enemy" player, saying "sry" when I had to use the torch near him... since I attacked him, involuntarily. We finished the puzzle together, jumped in front of the chest, and we didn't kill each other xDAlso, I totally fell you Ayumi, I was really frustrated for the Not So Secret, I wasted 9 hours down there (I even made a mesmer just for that puzzle). And then, a very kind mesmer had pity of me and helped me.I don't want to abuse other's people help, so I'll try to get better, I already did some progress! The annoying thing is that I have to repeat it at least twice for the tokens....But thanks for the comments/whispers, I got some encouragement :)(still, thumb down to whoever made this JP and had the idea to put tokens here and there)

In general, I hate jumping puzzles. Some are reasonably accomplished just by being careful in what I do, but there are others where the camera jumps around so much that it becomes next to impossible to do without going to 1st person -- which I hate -- and some have the "magic slippery slope" where you have to land on just the right pixel or you slide off the landing spot back down to the beginning or close to it.Things have gotten worse now that we have the gliders; if you have to jump down to a location even slightly lower than where you start, the glider will often deploy and you'll sail right past the intended landing point. All too often, you can't even see the route up to the final location... the jumping puzzles in the southern part of Malchor's Leap are like that, inside cave complexes, and needing a LOT of trial and error to figure out what route you are supposed to take... with holes you can't necessarily see (because of the damn camera) such that you fall back down to the beginning.So, while the challenge can be fun, the design can be nothing short of horribly frustrating and irritating. And I don't play games for the frustration. There is no sense of accomplishment at the end, only a sense of relief.

@Lord Kreegan.8123 said:if you have to jump down to a location even slightly lower than where you start, the glider will often deploy and you'll sail right past the intended landing point. All too often, you can't even see the route up to the final location... the jumping puzzles in the southern part of Malchor's Leap are like that, inside cave complexes, and needing a LOT of trial and error to figure out what route you are supposed to take... with holes you can't necessarily see (because of the kitten camera) such that you fall back down to the beginning.Ahaha, the magic slippery slope :)I also fell sometimes because of the glider, and cursed myself/the game (according to the mood). Sometimes it's helpful to skip few platforms, but when it's deployed accidentally... it's not. About Malchor's Leap... for some reason the mounts can be used there (at least in the one with the orbs), and they are very helpful. Not very fair towards players without PoF but... the same happens with many JPs, like in Lion's Arch. But you are right, some orbs are placed where the roof is very low, with holes nearby, even watching a video in yt, can be difficult to orientate oneself (and a bit claustrophobic).

Archived