Hello, Thief Forum! [Teef] has gotten a little more active in recent days with the upcoming launch of Path of Fire. As such, we are resuming operations as normal.
Today, [Teef] brings to you little tips and tricks that may make Deadeye and it's rifle set something more than just a 533345 bot. Now granted, since PoF has not launched most of these tips will be based off the wiki. If something non-damage does drastically change in the future, so will this write-up. Anyways, here we go.
- Since this spec is literally a magic sniper, it is beneficial to you to understand the importance of having a BATTLE BUDDY. AKA a friend using a unicorn/troll/tanky build to pull aggro away from you while you pop heads from long range.
- Abuse terrain to your advantage. If it took you 3-7 seconds to get to the ledge you were on, it will take meleeing enemies that long to reach you. It also gives Smokescreen another use when ranged enemies decide to target you while you are trying to safe. Use high brush for camouflage just in case your target fails to notice the little markers above your head. Be smart.
- Deadeye's Mark does not immediately put you in the fray. So if your target is not paying attention, seeing the mark may put them on alert or freak them out considering how everyone knows about the stupidly high bursts Deadeye can put out.
- ALWAYS keep Deadeye's Mark up. It is what makes Deadeye's skills so strong. Every stolen ability, every cantrip and Death's Judgement gets boosts per stack of malice you have.
- Spam stolen skills! They will disappear when the mark drops anyway, so use them if only to buff yourself. All of them provide some benefit to you and inflict a condition on your target so use them while you got them.
- It would also be to your benefit to bind an easy to access Call Target key so that in the case your target gets dropped for any reason, you can easily retarget and resume killing. And it works as a way to prioritize which two targets get to die first.
- Deadeye's mobility is arguably better than SB 5, but it doesn't entirely make SB useless. Death's Retreat shadowsteps you away from your target 600 units. With full blown Malice, Mercy, Roll for Initiative, Maleficent Seven and Preparedness from Trickery you can easily GTFO with DR > DR > DR > Roll for Initiative > DR > Mercy > DR for a maximum of 3580 units in under three seconds. Ho-ly kitten.
- Death's Retreat is also a leap finisher. This means that switching to rifle and hitting 4 right after using Pistol 5 will stealth you and place you 600 units directly away from your target. You can use those 3s to reposition yourself or perhaps spam it and put some distance between you and your target. You might find that Smokescreen could also be useful in this situation.
- Malicious Restoration is the best burst healing thief will ever get. With Maleficent Seven and seven Malice, you get a 15k heal and seven conditions cleared. amg Turns out this was a bug. The malice bonus healing would sometimes fire off twice. However, 10k and 7 conditions cleared is still pretty good. Not as good a burst heal as Channeled Vigor, but better vs conditions than Channeled Vigor.
- With Silent Scope, you have arguably better stealthing capabilities than Dagger 5. Lower cost, no need to land a hit and synergizes extremely well with SA.
With enough access to fury and natural damage buffs, a zerk Deadeye is not necessary. So consider using Valk or Knight instead. This is because Silent Scope gives you a 20% crit chance while kneeling on top of the fury generated by
Spotter's Shot and Perfectionist. Using Thrill of the Crime will also boost your Fury uptime.
Consider stacking concentration too since all stolen skills and Rifle 2 and kneel2 provide a boon.
Any other tips you would like to share are welcome!
If you like what [Teef] does, or are interested in what we do, be sure to go here and ask for an invite!
A good player can succeed with whatever is meta. A great player can succeed with whatever they want.
[Vial of Salt]
PSA: Deadeye isn't bad, you're just bad at using it. Out of Date
These DE tips are still relevant. Out of Date