Support Scourge....actually good

Methuselah.4376

Ok so to be upfront, this was a raid training session on VG where I took my power reaper for the lulz (though I constantly maintained the highest dps...which spoke more about the ineptitude of other players I suppose as I was often beating Holosmiths and Weavers) and a support scourge joined our team. I must say, it was amazing; might generation was great, damage mitigation was great (actually made a big difference when we missed green circles), burst healing was good (also had druids, but in a training session one needs all the support one can get), and was a tremendous help with rezzing downed players. Have any of you had experience with support scourges and what do you reckon?

This has nothing to do with raids because personally they're just not my favorite aspect of the game, however, some of the most fun I have had in open world is running bounties with support Scourge. People tend to drop like flies in bounties and there's something so satisfying about sucking the corpses up with Transfusion. The build (below) is just for fun, but it has decent healing, the barrier feels pretty good, and it's Nefarious Favor is super helpful as well. I sometimes run a might-bot build, but I really struggle with keeping people stacked at 25 for some reason, so I prefer this one because I just have more fun with it. I feel like support Scourge in general could use some more love, but it's a nice change of pace. One of the reasons I enjoy it is because of how easy it is to actually hit allies with your barriers and heals. A someone who also likes to heal with Ventari Rev, the radius from Sand Savant is just so refreshing.

[Rezbot Bounty Build].
(Cleric's is honestly just for budget. I'm sure there's something better out there.)

I play support scourge.

Extremely fun.

It doesn't burst heal. It barrier's over the need to burst heal. Keeps up a constant stream of green numbers over your party members heads, and makes a surprising amount of might. (25 stack on nearby allies trivially)

I use seraph's trinkets and armor, with bringer weapons. Runes of water. Scepter/ focus with sigil of water/agony and scepter/torch with water/agony

It's amazingly fun, and folk are often surprised at exactly how good it really is.

(and yes, using transfusion, well of blood, and life after death on a pile of downed people, and saving half the raid is extremely fun, and makes for some memorable clutch plays.)

Archived