Make it fairer for solo roamers

clone wars.9568

I noticed that claiming camps/towers/sentry points seems to take longer the fewer people there is. I could be wrong but it certainly feels like capping a camp (after the claim ring is up) seems to cap faster than when only 1 is standing in the circle. I'd like to see this changed and the fewer people in the circle the faster the cap should be. I've missed out of 100s of caps of camps and towers simple because the claim circle takes so long 30seconds+ to cap and a few defenders show up to defend as I'm capping.

I'd also like to see the whole yak bug fixed finally (its been years) can we make this happen? When the yaks come back to the camp shadow stepping all over the place preventing or slowing down the cap of camps. Again this has blocked the cap completely for me, because they contest the circle and allow time for other servers to gank a solo roamer whos capping it.

Other thing I'd love to see happen is:

1. auto target finally given been better AI instead of targetting walls/gates near towers/keeps it targets the other players, and instead of targetting npcs over real players. And fix the targetting of people who are not even in range over people standing right next to the player attacking them.
  2. Give us the option to turn OFF the on-screen notifations of flips like camps etc. This feature is good BUT it should be optional far too many time when im for example in a fight or on seige is my screen filled with large text about a camp flipping, blocking my view.
  3. shadow step skills finally fixed. Far too many times have i used blink or shadow step for it only to fail in places where theres CLEAR line of sight on flat open field areas.
  4. the UI box for events or seige use needs a different border color to make it stand out (like white)not clear. On a lot of darker backgrounds you cant see for example on seige how close to the max your at. That or give us a % option for seige use like we have for players health and walls/gate etc. This would make it easier for us to use seige like trebs and catas on darking backgroundssince we could see the percentage in the UI box.
  5. Could we have an option to HIDE our wvw ranks. Other teams are going after higher ranks more and more simply because they're a high rank, personally I'd like to have an option to hide my high rank. Its also used by other sides to work out who's likely the commander and helps them to pin snipe more.
  6. fixing the camera issues that are being exploited by knockback users eg rangers. Theres been alot of deaths due to rangers getting people close to walls etc and then used their knockback on the players to make the camera go firstperson meaning the player thats being attacked cant see anything on screen to attack. Giving the ranger a clear advantage until the other player get get away from the wall again and wait for the camera to zoom out again. I'd also like the camera option so allow us to manually set the camera to pan out even more than it currently does, this by itself could prevent the camera being locked from going first person mode as well.
  7. Friendslist changes. For example if i blocked someone in-game they shouldnt have any access to my location in friendlist. This again is being abused by some commanders to work out where other commanders are on the map. Even if they're blocked they can still add that person to their own FL and see which maps they're playing on.

I don't think it's an illusion that camps seem to cap faster the more people that are there, I've just never noticed it happening like that on the side I'm on :). But I agree, an objective circle should take atleast the same time for everyone to cap despite if there's 1 or 30 of you, and of there's 30, you don't need quick cap like a loner does.

@clone wars.9568 said:I noticed that claiming camps/towers/sentry points seems to take longer the fewer people there is. I could be wrong but it certainly feels like capping a camp (after the claim ring is up) seems to cap faster than when only 1 is standing in the circle. I'd like to see this changed and the fewer people in the circle the faster the cap should be. I've missed out of 100s of caps of camps and towers simple because the claim circle takes so long 30seconds+ to cap and a few defenders show up to defend as I'm capping.

claim speed already favors solo roamers as the time needed to cap is not divided by the amount of people in the circle or zergs would only need 1 tick. so number of players x time spent is lower for solo roamers so they are more efficient.

I'd also like to see the whole yak bug fixed finally (its been years) can we make this happen? When the yaks come back to the camp shadow stepping all over the place preventing or slowing down the cap of camps. Again this has blocked the cap completely for me, because they contest the circle and allow time for other servers to gank a solo roamer whos capping it.

the position of the yak being wrong is indeed annoying but do you think you would have captured faster if you saw the correct position of the yak? and would that have saved you from the ganking? sounds like poor excuse to me.

1. auto target finally given been better AI instead of targetting walls/gates near towers/keeps it targets the other players, and instead of targetting npcs over real players. And fix the targetting of people who are not even in range over people standing right next to the player attacking them.solo roamers use autotargetting now? thats new.
  2. Give us the option to turn OFF the on-screen notifations of flips like camps etc. This feature is good BUT it should be optional far too many time when im for example in a fight or on seige is my screen filled with large text about a camp flipping, blocking my view.on what screen resolution do you play? that notification is small enough that i dont even notice it if i am busy fighting.
  3. shadow step skills finally fixed. Far too many times have i used blink or shadow step for it only to fail in places where theres CLEAR line of sight on flat open field areas.that is really a problem and its in every part of the game, what bothers me most is that you cant teleport on most destroyable walls ( at least on DBL where i am mostly) wich is super annoying while fighting inside towers or keep.
  4. the UI box for events or seige use needs a different border color to make it stand out (like white)not clear. On a lot of darker backgrounds you cant see for example on seige how close to the max your at. That or give us a % option for seige use like we have for players health and walls/gate etc. This would make it easier for us to use seige like trebs and catas on darking backgroundssince we could see the percentage in the UI box.a % on catapult and trebs would be really helpful, especially to communicate how long you got to charge the shot as i am terrible at estimating how much % i charge but i am shooting very precise.
  5. Could we have an option to HIDE our wvw ranks. Other teams are going after higher ranks more and more simply because they're a high rank, personally I'd like to have an option to hide my high rank. Its also used by other sides to work out who's likely the commander and helps them to pin snipe more.i dont go for ranks but more for builds my opponents use while roaming, so i take out first who is most dangerous to me or my group and if they are all not really a threat their support to kill them faster. but by all means they could as well get rid of any rank shown and just show the names in the color of their team, you can chat with you opponents anyway if you want to. and for pin sniping you just look at the enemy movement and hit the idiot jumping in first, no names needed.
  6. fixing the camera issues that are being exploited by knockback users eg rangers. Theres been alot of deaths due to rangers getting people close to walls etc and then used their knockback on the players to make the camera go firstperson meaning the player thats being attacked cant see anything on screen to attack. Giving the ranger a clear advantage until the other player get get away from the wall again and wait for the camera to zoom out again. I'd also like the camera option so allow us to manually set the camera to pan out even more than it currently does, this by itself could prevent the camera being locked from going first person mode as well.altho that is super annoying, without it you could look through any wall wich eliminates the tactical use of them, no more ambush without long periods of stealth.
  7. Friendslist changes. For example if i blocked someone in-game they shouldnt have any access to my location in friendlist. This again is being abused by some commanders to work out where other commanders are on the map. Even if they're blocked they can still add that person to their own FL and see which maps they're playing on.this only works if either the commander or the dude on his friend/blocklist (yes you also see the map on blocklist) is on a linked server. if both are on host servers the map is not shown. the way you propose it doesnt work cause you would need to block the entire opponent server for them not to track you and not just you but anybody walking in your zerg would have to do that. the map could be hidden for anyone that is not on the same server.but the friendlist is strange in this game anyway, i never understood why you dont have to accept a friendrequest. i got alot more followers than friends and i have no clue who most of my followers are. IMO friendlist entries should be a request that need to be accepted and blocklist should only show account name, no info about online or offline or whatever.

my question now for you what has this to do with 'more fairer for solo roamers' ? the only point that goes to that category is about capture speed, where the solo roamer is more efficient but you want them to be even more efficient, how is that fair?

@clone wars.9568 said:I'd also like to see the whole yak bug fixed finally (its been years) can we make this happen? When the yaks come back to the camp shadow stepping all over the place preventing or slowing down the cap of camps. Again this has blocked the cap completely for me, because they contest the circle and allow time for other servers to gank a solo roamer whos capping it.This was fixed recently, mostly due to invoulnerable dollys. They no longer contest camps afaik.

Either way, the entire point of contesting camps is the capability to defend them. That they are ganking you is irrelevant, its still defense. Its how the game is meant to work. Most classes if not all can build for killing everything before the contest swords even appear.

@Trajan.4953 said:Roaming is trying to force lone wolf gameplay into a group play mode. It is not or has ever been useful and should not be rewarded

Forcing nothing. In relation to point capping, what? It should be a standard time. As for roaming, i think you are off base. I'm not saying special treatment but, they have a place and is useful.

1. Give us the option to turn OFF the on-screen notifations of flips like camps etc. This feature is good BUT it should be optional far too many time when im for example in a fight or on seige is my screen filled with large text about a camp flipping, blocking my view.

Options > User Interface > Check "Hide Optional Announcements"You're welcome

Archived