I hate mobile thief: let me trade it in for monster backstabs

Cobrakon.3108

All I wanna do is backstab and stealth. Just like every other thief/rogue/assassin class in every other game ever made. Remove my shadow step, you can keep your swords, put away shadow shot..... just give me something like this..... stealth>bs>dodge>stealth>tripwire> bs> couple autos> win. None of this stand there and let passives and specs play out. Just let me use my cunning, my positional play....... I dont wanna micro manage bobbing in and out using mobility skills i want the true assassin feel. I dont want to bang up against endless invulns and blocks..... Just give me my back stab.....

They tried to make us more like a Tracer type (in overwatch) but we should be more like a Reaper type...... or GenjiJust let me back stab.... I dont want a big chunk of my damage from autos... just give me my back stab...... thief isnt an asasin right now... it more like an acrobat... just give me my backstab.

how much more BS damage are we talking about? to avoid all those invuln you need to oneshot people, oneshotting with backstab is IMO too strong as it is hard to avoid if it comes after a longer period of stealth and you can already oneshot glassy builds in WvW with it.

You can go DE thief and use the ample stealth with malice to trait up a very decent backstab. Mark the target for the malice. Use your Smeld plus other stealth sources along with the CND and trait up hidden killer. With revealed malice and be quick or be killed and unforgiving traited you can set up some nasty backstans.

The issue is dealing with the AOE stuff and passives.

Archived