Theory. And can be pretty off. (Spoilers who haven’t finished pof and lws4)

blambidy.3216

So I did make a good guess on the branded griffin wasn’t aurene. So this is about a mount I think that arenanet is making. Or has already finished. Me personally how fast aurene has grown since lws3 to lvws4. I believe aurene will be our next mount.

Why? There was a broadcast before pof launch, that arenanet was testing a massive wavern as a mount and showing it in tyria. My theory is they are preparing aurene to be used as a mount. When? I’m predicting during expansion 3 that, that will be able to unlock.

Also it would provide enough time for aurene to grow. And another theory is in living world season 3 their was a bond you and aurene had to go through. So in the expansion 3 as you get closer aurene will let you use her as a mount.

Another theory but off. Aurene will be made that you can use as a pet from the trust we both did. So it’s possible but not to exact that you can use.

However theory of using aurene as a mount I think is most likely. And maybe later on arenanet will add bond moments with the mounts.

I'm highly doubtful we will see her as a fully unlocked mount that can be beckoned to our will at any time, despite our "bond" with Aurene. I do, however, suspect that there will be some chapter where it might be necessary to have to ride her to complete objectives - hence the bonding phase we are going through now.As cool as it would be to ride a freaking dragon! I hope that ANET avoids the over-sized mount skins that other certain games are known for....

I think that wyvern mount was just for fun for testing, to judge by the dev comments while displaying it. That video also contained many stacked raptors in a Dr. Seussian ride and a giant cat menacing the testers, and I doubt either of those are coming in game just because they were in a testing video.

Archived