Weaver Sw/D Hybrid Build

Wentworth.6901

I'm looking for some input on this build I'm trying. I'm currently limiting myself to things I can buy from the TP, so no grieving or vipers. I'm playing this for end game pve and low tier fractals.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnUMA94iF5CmNAM5iFBAT4SGCOi3r6Y9tOIAUAOAA-jhSDQBHVHgMUvpE7PwgHAgEOBAAw8XCUCyUVEmjWgeo8DA-e

Its basically Rampager Armor and Berserker Jewelry, Sw/D, Sigil of Energy and Strength, and Rune of Balthazar. Running Fire 1/1/1, Air 3/3/3, Weaver 1/1/1.

Its an all out hybrid damage build with little survivability, depending on its many evades, interrupts, and killing enemies quickly. It has perma fury uptime, and about 10-15 stacks of might at any given time. With Weaver adept 1 (and the weakness from air grandmaster 3) and fury, it reaches nearly 100% crit rate, and its ferocity is good from traits. It also has some decent condi, trying to take advantage of the burns and bleeds the weapons provide and primordial stance. If more survivability is needed, one could do weaver 1/3/1, though it would lose a good amount of damage.

So, thoughts?

• 4 weeks later...

Have you tried running the Major Grandmaster trait Pyromancer's Puissance (Fire X-X-2)? You'd likely see a significant DPS increase from the might there, and you can stack quite a bit during your time in fire.

Then you can also get fury from your auras through Air 1-X-X. If you're running fractals, using Bolt to the Heart is best for the damage boost it provides. 20% damage for the last 50% of the health is equivalent to +10% over the full 100% of the hp. Then you swap to Fresh Air for solo PvE content when you need a bit more mobility and freedom between attunements. I would also swap out the off hand dagger for a focus. The defensive options are incredibly useful both in fractals and open world PvE. But if you find you're surviving without it, it's more of a personal choice.

Most of all, I'd pick a direction with your build between open-world PvE/endgame PvE and Condi/Power. If you really want this mixed build, go for the Grieving stats. Better off to pick condi or power, then look up a dT, Snow Crow or qT guide to get an idea on how to gear for maximum damage. Throw in tanky stats as needed(vitality and healing power mainly). If you go condi, make sure that your maxing the duration of whatever conditions you're using. If you just use burning, Runes of Balthazar are fine otherwise you'll need to look at others. Regardless you'll still need a little expertise to come from somewhere else.If you go power, ditch all the condi gear.

If you really just want to run around using a survivable, open-world PvE build while dominating everything, gear yourself in all celestial stats and run whatever traits you want to experiment with. You'll have a blast.

Archived