might need a new server...

Dabrixmgp.4758

I started on SBI when GW2 first launched but when it kinda died and dropped waaaaay down the rankings I ended up xfering to TC. Been gone for at least a year and now TC seems to be dropping off. Was kinda thinking about going back to SBI but dunno how it is these days. Maybe YB if I can get it drop down population wise at like 4am for a xfer.

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:Maybe YB if I can get it drop down population wise at like 4am for a xfer.

That exploit doesn't work anymore. Population is now based on WvW activity, mainly play-hours, averaged over something like a three week period. The only reason a server would come off Full status would be if WvW players transferred off or stopped playing so many hours en-masse.

@Chaba.5410 said:

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:Maybe YB if I can get it drop down population wise at like 4am for a xfer.

That exploit doesn't work anymore. Population is now based on WvW activity, mainly play-hours, averaged over something like a three week period. The only reason a server would come off Full status would be if WvW players transferred off or stopped playing so many hours en-masse.

well that sucks lol. thats how I was able to xfer over to TC. So basically we arent allowed to go to the good servers anymore?

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:

well that sucks lol. thats how I was able to xfer over to TC. So basically we arent allowed to go to the good servers anymore?

Only 3 servers are currently locked on NA: BG, YB, and JQ in T1, T2 and T3.

So you have plenty of options to choose from, including picking the link server to YB.

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:

You mean the full servers?

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:

Every server has its ups and downs. Learn to stick with one, forge connections, work on building it back up again. Have some pride, put some actual work into something.

@SugarCayne.3098 said:

Every server has its ups and downs. Learn to stick with one, forge connections, work on building it back up again. Have some pride, put some actual work into something.

I lost all sense of server pride once they abolished the LA call outs with the introduction of mega servers then further mashing us together with linkings.

(never forget the GoM 23 week win streak)

I don't know what sort of server OP is after, I recently transferred a few guildies over to ET and we are having a blast, we mostly focused on smaller fights though and roaming. (on the rare chance we are all logged in, the guild was made at launch and now it's a dead guild of friends still trying to build up the guild hall to be able to claim camps and what ever, HoT killed our guild after members worked so hard to build it up)

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:I started on SBI when GW2 first launched but when it kinda died and dropped waaaaay down the rankings I ended up xfering to TC. Been gone for at least a year and now TC seems to be dropping off. Was kinda thinking about going back to SBI but dunno how it is these days. Maybe YB if I can get it drop down population wise at like 4am for a xfer.

i don't blame you buddy.playing on TC outside of NA is just too depressing.

@"sephiroth.4217" said:(never forget the GoM 23 week win streak)

(Never forget "King of Bronze" - winning both Season 2 and Season 3)

OP, I think you should consider linked servers like Gate of Madness as possible transfer locations. Many of our communities are still quite active, and our transfer price is much cheaper than other servers.

Archived