Invisible/Broken Forum Profiles?

notebene.3190

Someone commented on one of my posts, and I went to read it, but I don't see it. I see it at the sub-form level, in the last person posted column, but when I open it, I don't see it.

So I clicked on the person, and went to their profile page, and see they have some helpfuls and thumbs and badges and what not, but no discussions or comments? How is that possible?

The counts on Comments and Discussions has always been wacky. For instance, my profile shows something like 444 Discussions. I've never made a single one. Have you tried clicking on the forum poster-in-question's Comments link, just to see if it takes you anywhere?
You can also try clicking on Moderation; if they've ever been banned, their posts may not show up (even after being re-instated).

Edit: Never mind about Moderation; you can only see that on your own profile. Still, it may be the case.

The count definitely isn't accurate. When I first got on the new forum I looked at my profile before posting and it said I had 1 discussion and 3 comments. I haven't followed it closely since then but my discussion count seems high.

But it's also possible they made a few posts that were popular but also violated the forum rules and people liked them but then they were deleted. 5 posts in a controversial topic is easy to reach, and if 5 people like each one (could be the same 5 each time) that would get them to 30 likes.

Archived