WvW Map Design Series Edge of the Mists

GDchiaScrub.3241

Eeeeeeyo mis amigos. This is the first official Map critique for this mini series, featuring Edge of the Mists. which is great for practice.

To surmise (although inadequate really).

My thoughts on Edge of the Mists.

1. In Regards to Immersion.The art actually has decent direction when it comes to linking back to what the mists are all about.

2. Those Map Mechanics.While the argument that it is a "test" map will come up, however I felt there were literally an overwhelming amount of map mechanics to tip the balance of the map greatly.

3. Sightlines!!!The towers stood out like soar thumbs which is great, but can somebody tell me what to do with that red blimp in the middle? A mystery!

Hopefully the Alpine video will be coming out Sept 20.

Have any suggestions? Feel free to leave a comment. Or just troll me, that works too I guess. (This will be posted on both the new forums and WvW Reddit)

This was quite interesting to watch... never thought someone would bother with critiquing EOTM map as it's labelled as a 'test' zone according to the wiki.

I think you made fair points regarding locations of the map that are useless; mostly the blimp in the middle. There's also a rubble-ruin of a tower on blue side at the veeeery south of the map albeit intriguing yet serves zero strategic purpose including the almost hidden initial 'gate' on outer Frostreach wall that serves no mechanical purpose/non-interactive. It's just... there. Ehhh. Last but not least which I'm not sure if you commented on was the underlying features of the map; bridges connecting the sentries and basically useless area that no one uses just south of Observatory (lots of trees...).

You missed one extra function regarding Forge - after completing the event (collecting ice) you may purchase a combat form of hammer-wielding Koda, and when paired with many surrounding players, allows you to break down gates with your bare hands quite fast... cough no pun intended cough.

Anyway, good video I think that's fabulous. Just great.

@Zephyra.4709 said:

You missed one extra function regarding Forge - after completing the event (collecting ice) you may purchase a combat form of hammer-wielding Koda, and when paired with many surrounding players, allows you to break down gates with your bare hands quite fast... cough no pun intended cough.

Omg I did. I remember casting that frost bubble shield too. RIP. When I was exploring Eotm it was all very dead during NA (for this EU account). So some objectives I couldn't get to in a reasonable time. :(

Also, I don't know why I said Alpine Borderlands would be next, when I meant to say Desert Borderlands will be coming September 20thish. RIP cannot edit.

the transmogriffers were a awfull adition as well :\ they need to test add new vehicles with a limited numbers alowed to be builted.IT is not a a test map, its an excuse to not solve the decrease cap limit on WvW maps due ANet keep adding more aoe spam more condi spam while that leads to more skill lag..

Archived