5 man q needs to come back!!!

Eddbopkins.2630

As title says......if you dont got friends to play with thats your problem. If you are so introverted you cant mesaage someone you just played with " that was fun, we played well together. want to team up?" That shouldnt stop everyone else from enjoying some comradery and real team talk and strategy. This is a 5v5 team vs team game.I want to be mic-ed up with the best/funniest guys/girls i can find and enjoy this god forsaken 5v5 team vs team game.

Sorry if i offended anyone. Im just talkin from my heart.Ats are not tue answere!!!!! I dont uave a set time i can wait for ats. And once an at starts you still have to wait 30 mins sometimes to start ur game. Ats are not the answere and if u think so then ur thinking of what a 5v5 strategic team based game is, is wrong.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ATs already exist. The ship sailed several years ago on arranged teams as there is not enough population to prevent a few high level teams from free farming everyone else. Its the equivalent of a newly formed team immediately going up against 2500 elo pros which just leads to a ghost town since it is not possible to build a new team as no one likes losing constantly.

Solo queue + PVP reward tracks made spvp playable to a much wider player base. GW2 barely worked as a 5v5 competitive game, there are many other far superior products built for that market.

Ats are not the answere. Im an adult i dont have a set time i can play video games. People mentioning ats are the answer infureates me and i want to delete there post from this thread!

Did i say ats in the orginal post no! So why did crann n jacobin mention it. The post is about 5v5 ranked q not ATS dont mention ats here!

AT's as they currently are, are simply not the answer. If the answer in a team based game mode is become pro or enjoy solo life and then something went horribly and horribly wrong. The game tried ways to enforce teamplay like guild challenger leagues, pro leagues but eventually that died down espically since ESL dropped gw2 and i commend them for trying. there is an automated tournament system now but there is nothing to do there aside from. getting farmed over and over and over and over again till u finnally are capable of actually doing something. However ranked team queue at the moment simply lacks the population.

Split AT in divisions based on MMR not skill rating so that people who are ranging from bronze to high tier gold ar lumped in a league and then have plat players and above in the rest. this allows competion to grow without constantly getting farmed by the same people over and over again.

AT's would be enough if there was actually enough teams and enough incentive outside that maby in game modes or other competetive outlets for teams to grow. But unranked is not gonna cut it.

At the moment u can litterally have go kart drivers match up against formula 1 drivers.. And that point, ''stop whining, and or git gut'' is not gonna cut it. that's not competition. u don't have Max verstappen in his fucking f1 car race against a 4 year old on a tricycle.

@"Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318" said:AT's as they currently are, are simply not the answer. If the answer in a team based game mode is become pro or enjoy solo life and then something went horribly and horribly wrong. The game tried ways to enforce teamplay like guild challenger leagues, pro leagues but eventually that died down espically since ESL dropped gw2 and i commend them for trying. there is an automated tournament system now but there is nothing to do there aside from. getting farmed over and over and over and over again till u finnally are capable of actually doing something. However ranked team queue at the moment simply lacks the population.

Split AT in divisions based on MMR not skill rating so that people who are ranging from bronze to high tier gold ar lumped in a league and then have plat players and above in the rest. this allows competion to grow without constantly getting farmed by the same people over and over again.

AT's would be enough if there was actually enough teams and enough incentive outside that maby in game modes or other competetive outlets for teams to grow. But unranked is not gonna cut it.

At the moment u can litterally have go kart drivers match up against formula 1 drivers.. And that point, ''stop whining, and or git gut'' is not gonna cut it. that's not competition. u don't have Max verstappen in his kitten f1 car race against a 4 year old on a tricycle.

Thank you Xanctus you elablorate what i can not. Not all of it but some.

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:As title says......if you dont got friends to play with thats your problem. If you are so introverted you cant mesaage someone you just played with " that was fun, we played well together. want to team up?" That shouldnt stop everyone else from enjoying some comradery and real team talk and strategy. This is a 5v5 team vs team game.I want to be mic-ed up with the best/funniest guys/girls i can find and enjoy this god forsaken 5v5 team vs team game.

Sorry if i offended anyone. Im just talkin from my heart.Ats are not tue answere!!!!! I dont uave a set time i can wait for ats. And once an at starts you still have to wait 30 mins sometimes to start ur game. Ats are not the answere and if u think so then ur thinking of what a 5v5 strategic team based game is, is wrong.

So in other words" i don't care of your problem but i care of my problem "You pretty much started off as a selfish player talking about * team play which is kinda ironic since teams revolve around selfless attitudes.

I....I....I...I.....u...u..u..u..u............. yupMy chances of grouping up with you are already gone

If you had this in ranked you would be waiting allllll day for another 5 man team to show up to be matched against. You cant be matched against a duo and 3 solo Q players with a 5 man comped team all in discord.

A game mode already exists where you can bring your 5-10-20 friends to play against other people. It's called wvw.

@JVJD.4912 said:

@"Eddbopkins.2630" said:As title says......if you dont got friends to play with thats your problem. If you are so introverted you cant mesaage someone you just played with " that was fun, we played well together. want to team up?" That shouldnt stop everyone else from enjoying some comradery and real team talk and strategy. This is a 5v5 team vs team game.I want to be mic-ed up with the best/funniest guys/girls i can find and enjoy this god forsaken 5v5 team vs team game.

So in other words" i don't care of your problem but i care of my problem "You pretty much started off as a selfish player talking about * team play which is kinda ironic since teams revolve around selfless attitudes.

I....I....I...I.....u...u..u..u..u............. yupMy chances of grouping up with you are already gone

You got a point. I did do alot of i i i i i n u u u u. But understand that im tired of playing alone in a team based game and getting paired up with 3-4 other people who are in no means on the same page as i am or my enemy team. Either there build, there tatics, there skill rotations, there map rotations, combat awareness, and overall sence of the game is so lacking in comparision that it feels like a 2-4v5 and no way to win. Just 100% waisting your time on something that in its core down to the basics get ride of all the fansy skills and invulns n hard counters is essentialy a skill based game with skillfull dodging and countera that build this game up to make it fun and competitive. But with out having a 5 man q where you can truly strategize and optimize team orginization and play styles this is juat not fun and infureating to the point where i cold hardenly regret getting gw2.........saying that i loved gw1 and will still recommend it to people.

@"yanniell.1236" said:Just, no.

Go do some ATs or queue unranked with your friends and have a nice time roflstomping a bunch of solo queuers.

Why "just no". Why cant there be freely timed 5man pvp ranked q? I gave you my argument for it.Why "just, no"....? Just saying that is selfish in it self!

@JVJD.4912 said:

So in other words "I don't care about your problem, but I care about mine."

The fact of the matter is, this is a team based gamemode. Thus, anyone arguing for the removal of teams is wrong. THUS, the decision for Anet to remove teams was wrong.

Honestly, its too bad you guys want to play solo. In pretty much every other online PvP game, if you play solo in the team based gamemode, you're going to get farmed by actual teams... That's just how it works. This normally works as an incentive for people to make their own teams to prevent that. Even in casual conquest modes, take Smite for example, this is exactly the case.

If you think about it, you're basically asking to removal EVERYONE'S ability to play in a team, so that its "fair" for the people who don't have a team. That is selfishness at its finest. And Anet listened to it.

To put it into another perspective, if Anet made the correct decisions, why would PvP be so dead? Oh... its because they've made the wrong ones.

give up, playerbase is way too small for a 5man queue. gw2 pvp is at its end and there's no reason for the players to come back because there are other alternatives that are way better. reworking stronghold and 2v2 tournaments might help a little bit, but they won't bring back the big numbers either.

There are so many team based 5v5 pvp games available now that I just dont get why people thinking bringing it back here will work even though it wasn't popular 5 years ago. LoL, Dota, OW, Smite, Paragon, Paladins the list is endless. MMORPGs are for farming not competitive PvP.

@Eddbopkins.2630 said:

@"yanniell.1236" said:Just, no.

Go do some ATs or queue unranked with your friends and have a nice time roflstomping a bunch of solo queuers.

Why "just no". Why cant there be freely timed 5man pvp ranked q? I gave you my argument for it.Why "just, no"....? Just saying that is selfish in it self!

Because it's an INDIVIDUAL leaderboard, not a FIVE MAN GROUP leaderboard.Because it's unfair to fight as a coordinate five man group against five uncoordinated solo players.

I have nothing against a separated group queue and leaderboards. That's what you should be asking Anet.

@"Jacobin.8509" said:And the classic muh team! excuse is revealed. I hate to break it to you, but you would lose even more in arranged teams and would be screaming for solo queue which is exactly what happened for the first 2 years of this game.

This applies for every single multiplayer team based game.

However, I don't see any of them restricting the ability to play with friends because some people think its unfair for a coordinated team to beat a bunch of pugs.

Also, it is perfectly reasonable for pugs to beat a coordinated team. I've done so numerous times in the past. It's not an automatic "I win!" button. Good players will beat bad players regardless of the circumstances. Not to mention, its not like every team used voice chat either.

Also, the majority of people were content with playing in teams? Do you know when PvP started to decline rapidly? Oh yeah, when they stopped letting people play in teams in a team based mode.

@"plushiesoda.8150" said:I'll never get this people... they like and want to do pvp as a group, that's fine and one of the best aspects this game has to offer is that there's a game-mode for everyone (still wanting a sandbox-houselike system though)

And guess what? you have it! they call them AUTOMATED TOURNAMENTS... ah! you want to rank to prove how awesome your team is, correct? you're extroverted? you can mesaage lots of friends to play with? you enjoy talking with them while getting good rewards? speaking about strategy, having fun and promoting your guild, name or team at the same time? ...correct?

Then there's something named PRO LEAGUE ...go! and show us your trampling skills, friendship, and extroverted personality while making a name for yourself and getting awesome rewards just for participating and promoting the team-based game you love so much at the same time!

Or maybe... you don't like the idea of people watching you play, you just want to enjoy a team-based game with your friends from the commodity of your house? anytime you want? without having to wait for the AT since you don't have enough time? then I have an idea... there's something named WORLD vs WORLD vs WORLD ...go! move to a low-tier server and lead it to victory with your peers, make use of your awesome commanding abilities and show them all, how an small zerg can obliterate a stacked group of random players with the power of friendship!

Sorry for the "tone" of my answer, but I'm making use of the same kind "tone" you just used. Not trying to offend you and I really understand what you want... but please, please before posting something so egoistic think a little about why things are the way they are.

History lesson here! do you know why ranked 5vs5 is not a thing nowadays?

Sad thing is, that I have the feeling that ANET someday is gonna listen to these people asking for 5-man ranked queue. And remember my words, the day 5-man ranked queue comes back is not only the day you're going to wait up to an hour for a mach to start, but the day you'll completely drop the pvp-side of this game for "always playing against the same players over and over" since the PvP population will drop by a HUGE margin I'm not talking about some silly couple of hundred or thousand of players... I'm talking about a drop of above 80% of the current PvP population.... something not so pretty for an online game, right?

If that day ever comes and you're still playing, I bet you'll be among the group of persons complaining about not being able to rank-up beyond Silver-1 because the game always matches up against legendary players.

Interesting note: Did you know that a certain mmorg that boasted of having more than 10 millions subscribers once at a time some years ago, has a PvP population lower than 7% (and dropping) of it's player base as a whole? that certain game also got forced to drop 5vs5 ranked play. They still have 2~3 man team queue though, but it's PvP community is way, way smaller than Gw2's , even though they have an active player-base that surpasses the one from Gw2 BY A LOT.

There's something I agree though, if ANET increased the rewards from the final monthly AT and promoted it more in the form of more "exclusive" items and publicity stunts like the ones a certain moba game uses all the time, this kind of post would never come to exist and everybody would be happy

We literally had 5 man ranked ques FOR YEARS until very recently.

Fuck off with the AT bs. Seriously. It is literally a gold farm for ex-pro players because they rofl stomp 500-0 noobs into the ground. Do you realize there is no tier requirement for ATs? Literally everyone can enter them, which is why the matchup imbalance is EVEN GREATER. Also, there's only 4 of them a day. Most people only have a few hours to play, and many more have schedules that don't line up with the times for the AT. So, you're saying we can only play with our friends 1-2 times a day at best? And the rest of the time we are completely alone? That's actually fucking RIDICULOUS and if you think that makes sense, you're insane.

The competitive scene died when Anet killed off teams. Why do you think nearly every single ex-pro player QUIT AND UNINSTALLED THE GAME. There is literally no one left! No one gives a crap about ATs and many people only log on once a month for the monthly and pro leagues. Like, they literally play other games, come back, win the tournaments, and leave again. Yet even without practice, these players still completely destroy everyone else because of how bad they are.

I hope you're kidding because you really don't know your fucking history. Anet changing from allowing teams in a team based mode, to not allowing teams in a fucking TEAM BASED MODE killed off the population by a huge amount. Why do you think the leaderboards are full of garbage players? It's because ALL THE GOOD PLAYERS QUIT.

For the record, I'm also high-plat/legend tier in every PvP season. I sit at 1770 currently in solo que this season after playing for the first 2 weeks. But I uninstalled this game due to the lack of pretty much everything that would make the gamemode healthy. Not to mention, pretty much every good player I've played with/known in game has uninstalled. And no, I will not have trouble ranking up past silver-1.

If you people were crying about losing to an organized team, ask for a 1v1 game mode instead and leave 5v5 for the non-selfish, non-lonely players.

I dont get this team thing when AT's and WvW exists. Hell in WvW it can be you and your 19 friends, you dont have to wait, log in pick a BL and go. It seems that people want to 5 man Q to farm uncomped solo Q's, you can do that in unranked already.

The only way it would work is you would have to wait around for another 5 man Q'ing, or maybe a much higher ranked duo and trio to play against. But then you will just get a bunch of top 20 players make 5 man teams and farm everything. They could even win exchange when they play each other, sounds fun and exciting.

There are many and varied reasons why a lot of players quit, it's laughable to suggest it was just because 'teemz'. Im sure the chrono bunker meta had people lining up to log on and play, or the full cele ele meta. Or that their class has been nerfed into oblivion, or that the game is old and other better games are available for team based play. Or maybe the pay to win options when HoT came out(and now PoF). The reasons people have quit is many and varied.

Ooo, Quaggan wants to stomp, Fooo why Quaggan can't stomp and match manipulate anymore?!Quaggan wants to farm as 4 plat/legendary + bronze (read: plat/legendary frand on alt account, throwing when not premading) vs gold players once again! AT is too difficult for little Quaggan with his fishy hands and ranked play isn't fun when teams happen to be anyhow balanced sometimes!

5 man was horrible.

It's not about friends... personally I think they should have 1 man only.

2 is far better than 5 man though, and I think that's where they'll leave it.

I agree with the guy chorazin who said sure have your 5 man, as long as you have to wait for another 5 man.

I think we should just have random 2 v 2 and solo queues... let the best rise to the top

@Chorazin.4107 said:I dont get this team thing when AT's and WvW exists. Hell in WvW it can be you and your 19 friends, you dont have to wait, log in pick a BL and go. It seems that people want to 5 man Q to farm uncomped solo Q's, you can do that in unranked already.

The only way it would work is you would have to wait around for another 5 man Q'ing, or maybe a much higher ranked duo and trio to play against. But then you will just get a bunch of top 20 players make 5 man teams and farm everything. They could even win exchange when they play each other, sounds fun and exciting.

There are many and varied reasons why a lot of players quit, it's laughable to suggest it was just because 'teemz'. Im sure the chrono bunker meta had people lining up to log on and play, or the full cele ele meta. Or that their class has been nerfed into oblivion, or that the game is old and other better games are available for team based play. Or maybe the pay to win options when HoT came out(and now PoF). The reasons people have quit is many and varied.

ATs are garbage because its basically pro players playing against garbage until the finals... It's literally a gold farm for good players. Bad ones don't stand even the smallest chance. WvW is not structured PvP? They are two separate game modes for a reason... We want a 5 man in PvP because that's what we had since release for YEARS. We want healthy competition. Removing teams was one of many reasons that killed off the gamemode. There isn't any competition or fun matchups any more because of decisions like these.

GW2 PvP is going the way of encouraging solo play and its bad for the community, but current problem the vocal forum PvP community, which is only a small part of the already small PvP community, is pushing with all their might for solo play, so its our own created problem really and unless more people start talking against pure solo play that won't change.

I'm one of the people that is sadden with the change of direction for PvP from team to solo and with every single restriction to ranked I feel less and less included to try harder. Best example now is the que lock for duo at 1,6k, it made me try less and well I didn't even want to cross the 1,6k mark and didn't...

Honest I feel for everyone that want to play in a team without the planning their free time around ATs, but yee I kind of don't see it changing for the better, all hopes remain on duo still fighting and keeping alive.

Archived