Ebi "All thieves do is kill" Roaming / One Shot Ep - 2

Hey there bud, Nice video. I really liked the music, and seeing those big crits. Seeing as I run a 1 shot spec myself.

However, I felt as though the montage didn't showcase much in terms of skill base. 90% of the montage was Thief, Ele, Mesmer ganking clips. Although impressive to see, it would be more impressive to showcase an expansion to your skill repertoire, via (Outnumbered fights.. 2v1, 3v1 etc) Or maybe chain kills, where you are not necessarily outnumbered but you kill people consecutively after already finishing with someone.

In the whole montage I saw you fight 2 heavies. 1 firebrand and 1 revenant (However you did receive help from your friend with the rev clip)

You've got great content man, and I know you got dope skill. You should showcase that skill man :) ! When I go back to EU sometime we could maybe get some duels or roaming going on :) Overrall tho, I did enjoy the montage because of the music. :)

@SovietWalrus.4197 said:Thanks for the feedback and kind words mate! I'm new to youtube, so this is the learning stage right now. So I will take on board what you have said and hopefully episode 3 will be great :smile:

For sure man, if you land on FSP that is :smiley:

Awesome man for sure for sure! Definitely will keep a look out for you, and future content :)

Keep it up!

oh you are on FSP, if i knew that i would have played more in that week you shot the video. only played like 2 days in that week and that on DBL farming jades..

i dont really understand what you did plan to do with that deadeye build and only saw one clip in the video with it and that was more luck then skill that won the fight, would have loved to see more fights with that build to understand what you had in mind with it, as it is not a classic hide and seek + oneshot deadeye build.

all in all cant give you much feedback that will improve you as it is all ganks and no longer fights, tho those might get boring to watch. you will probably learn most from the recordings of your lost fights, but i havent seen one posting regular videos how he gets beaten up - not really searching for it tho. cant tell you much about editing, i got no clue about proper editing, thats one of the reasons my uploads are not public :D

Pretty much what Aiki said. In all honesty, I got kinda bored after the first minute or so of watching what amounted to basically the same thing over and over.

I'd rather watch fights you lose into your counters etc. showing that you're good at the thief than the same one-shot combos. When I played signet thief before they changed it, what made the build fun were the situations when the combo didn't work, jumping into massively outnumbered fights totally alone and staying a little bit too long, or when your foe saw you coming and you massively outplayed them, anyways. It was a thrill because you knew every time you engaged, someone was going to die and someone was going to walk away.

TBH, I'd drop Assassin's Signet. The stab damage gains aren't substantial enough to justify using it in most cases, and Shadowstep gives you a lot more utility or downright durability into most condition encounters, and you can find opportunities to outplay your opponent better due to the jukes.

Don't let this dissuade you from making content; your video is nicely-edited and I'm pretty sure there's a solid understanding of the profession there. We're just not seeing it and a lot of the clips feel same-y.

@MUDse.7623 said:oh you are on FSP, if i knew that i would have played more in that week you shot the video. only played like 2 days in that week and that on DBL farming jades..

i dont really understand what you did plan to do with that deadeye build and only saw one clip in the video with it and that was more luck then skill that won the fight, would have loved to see more fights with that build to understand what you had in mind with it, as it is not a classic hide and seek + oneshot deadeye build.

all in all cant give you much feedback that will improve you as it is all ganks and no longer fights, tho those might get boring to watch. you will probably learn most from the recordings of your lost fights, but i havent seen one posting regular videos how he gets beaten up - not really searching for it tho. cant tell you much about editing, i got no clue about proper editing, thats one of the reasons my uploads are not public :D

The build relies on the impact sigil giving 10% extra damage, as well as allowing me to quickly fire off a few lethal shots.

I get what you mean, this was mainly constructed from a single week of roaming, with clips gathered on suggestions from friends. I will look into conducting more 'market research' as such to see what fits. However I want to establish my own style at the same time as providing quality content for a wider audience.

@DeceiverX.8361 said:Pretty much what Aiki said. In all honesty, I got kinda bored after the first minute or so of watching what amounted to basically the same thing over and over.

I'd rather watch fights you lose into your counters etc. showing that you're good at the thief than the same one-shot combos. When I played signet thief before they changed it, what made the build fun were the situations when the combo didn't work, jumping into massively outnumbered fights totally alone and staying a little bit too long, or when your foe saw you coming and you massively outplayed them, anyways. It was a thrill because you knew every time you engaged, someone was going to die and someone was going to walk away.

TBH, I'd drop Assassin's Signet. The stab damage gains aren't substantial enough to justify using it in most cases, and Shadowstep gives you a lot more utility or downright durability into most condition encounters, and you can find opportunities to outplay your opponent better due to the jukes.

Don't let this dissuade you from making content; your video is nicely-edited and I'm pretty sure there's a solid understanding of the profession there. We're just not seeing it and a lot of the clips feel same-y.

Agreed.

These can be included as very often I am in an outnumbered fight, manage to create and finish downs, and simply delete the clip. I will look into this.

That build was purely for the purpose of achieving high numbers to entertain, I run a more realistic core d/d build, with shadow arts over critical strikes, along with using blinding powder; I feel shadow refuge has a tendency to get you killed, you give them a zone to target you in.

Five years on a single class will do that, it is just difficult for me to find clips which demonstrate my skill. Nobody wants to sit through my GvG footage or ranked gameplay, it is not very exciting. I stealth, I spike, I scream in teamspeak about bad rotations of my team.

Thank you both for the constructive feedback.

@SovietWalrus.4197 said:

@MUDse.7623 said:oh you are on FSP, if i knew that i would have played more in that week you shot the video. only played like 2 days in that week and that on DBL farming jades..

The build relies on the impact sigil giving 10% extra damage, as well as allowing me to quickly fire off a few lethal shots.

i get that , tho i see very little survivability in your DE build , to get out of an outnumbered situation that you cannot win. most DE not running SA i have seen run s/d or shortbow to at least have an option to escape with mobility. not sure if d/p without SA is enough to escape, that is basically what i wanted to see, to know if it is useable for roaming if i get bored of the way i play.

@SovietWalrus.4197 said:I get what you mean, this was mainly constructed from a single week of roaming, with clips gathered on suggestions from friends. I will look into conducting more 'market research' as such to see what fits. However I want to establish my own style at the same time as providing quality content for a wider audience.

i personally feel like the main issue with roaming videos, especially ones with outnumbered fights is that it allways just looks like your opponents are terribly bad to me.. i would prefer watching some 'funny' roaming videos(where you obviously fight a larger group of noobs and can laugh at their stupidity, were it doesnt look like try hard fighting them...) to the normal 1 vs 1 ganks that are more available to watch. because no matter how good you are unless the opponent is able to push you to a near loss, it will allways look like you are just ganking some solo noob and if you are pushed to near loss it might look like you just had luck :D

in same week of your video there i uploaded some of my recordings of that week for some friends to show them how easy and strong deadeye is against stupid opponents, most of that fights are against 3 or more opponents and no kill includes anything that can be called skill on my side but it was only possible cause of their stupidity, this kind of videos i prefer to watch. some others might prefer to see 'skillful' play to learn from, but i think that is hard to capture against current people running around in WvW.

Insulting other players for "being bad" isn't really humorous or in good faith to be honest. If you're just showcasing a lack of skill, the outnumbered fighting and opponents misplaying is a tell enough.

Again, I'd rather see losses where both players are excellent or even doing silly stupid things like frontlining a zerg or playing a build that's just pointless like Nomad's Acro/SA/DrD and trying to bait zergs to chase you around a map rather than just strictly stomps or ganks.

Archived